PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Paradise Pier [Hotel] exactly?

nvmom
01-05-2006, 07:55 AM
So I'm hoping that we're taking our second trip to DLR sometime between Feb-May this year (still working on convincing my husband :) ) Anyway, as I'm scouting out hotels a bit... I do not understand where the Paradise Pier is located.

Keep in mind that we've only been to DLR once. We stayed off property at the Desert Palms. I understand that you'd walk thru DTD (which we never even got to the end of) - but then where???

Does anyone know if it's a longer walk than from the Desert Palms? Thanks.

nvmom

hlbtimes2
01-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Exactly? 1717 S Disneyland DR. But, I realize that doesnt do you a lot of good!

I havent stayed at the Desert Palms, but it should be closer (looks that way on the map). We stayed at PP in Oct. The walk in the morning wasnt bad, the walk back at night wasnt so fun! LOL

Its located across the street from the Grand. Its actually quickest to walk thru the grand, rather then thru DTD. However, if you are going to take the monorail from DTD, then its shorter to walk thru DTD, then cutting thru the Grand. During your visit the monorail isnt going to be up to fall operating capacity, and you'll probably find it easier to walk.

Darkbeer
01-05-2006, 08:24 AM
This thread talked about the difference distances...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=46907

The PPH is .621 miles to the Main Entry Plaza

Desert Palms is .631 miles, here is the map..

http://tinyurl.com/alhro

So basically the same walk.

As for where the Paradise Pier is, it is just west of DCA and south of the Disneyland Hotel.

To get to the PPH, you walk from the Main Entry Plaza west thru Downtown Disney, once you get to the ESPN Zone and the AMC theaters, you make a left (south) just past the theater building (where Compass Books is) and follow the sidewalk. It will take you to the back side of the PPH, where there is a entrance.

nvmom
01-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Thank you.
And my "hopeful" planning continues. :)

nvmom

Gilliegrl
01-07-2006, 08:17 AM
We've stayed at PP 3 times now and it was in august each time. The walk wasnt that bad, maybe because we knew we had to do it and never really thought twice about it.