PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 -- am I missing something?

brioss
01-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Okay, so I've been lurking here a while, and I've read various posts about Club 33. I've wanted to go to the club for years. I went when I was a teenager in the late 1970s and I didn't appreciate it at the time. It was completely lost on me. Now I'm kicking myself.

I know from reading here that it's not okay to ask for a reservation. I'm not doing that. But I have seen it said that sometimes members donate reservations to charity and to look for charity auctions or other such things as a way to get a reservation there.

But I've checked for weeks now and I haven't found anything. Has anyone seen anything like this recently? Any charity auctions or something of that nature? I keep turning up a big bunch of nothing and I'm wondering if I'm just missing something that everyone else knows about.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

hlbtimes2
01-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Time. It takes a long, long time to get a chance to go to the club. If it was easy, to many people would go and it wouldnt be as special and exclusive. Keep waiting. When the time is right, and you have a ton of money, the opportunity will be there.

Opus1guy
01-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Someone recently posted that there were some new restrictions on Club 33 charity auctions, which may be why you're not seeing them on eBay these days. See the last post in this thread:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=49060

brioss
01-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Time. It takes a long, long time to get a chance to go to the club. If it was easy, to many people would go and it wouldnt be as special and exclusive. Keep waiting. When the time is right, and you have a ton of money, the opportunity will be there.

Well, I don't have a ton of money, but amazingly it looks like the time may be right. I got a PM from someone here (THANKS!!!) with a suggestion to check out messages on another board. As long as the timing is right, it looks like this is just the ticket!

brioss
01-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Someone recently posted that there were some new restrictions on Club 33 charity auctions, which may be why you're not seeing them on eBay these days. See the last post in this thread:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=49060

That explains a lot. I think the last time I looked at that thread that last message hadn't been posted, because I would have remembered something like that. A similar thing was mentioned in posts in that thread I was referred to over on another board. Be that as it may, the info on the other board looks pretty promising.

Osky
01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Time. It takes a long, long time to get a chance to go to the club.

Apparently that time has grown quite a bit longer in recent years. While I was there during the Candlelight Processional back on December 4th, I asked management where they were at on the wait list. They replied that they are still working on 1999, and had quite a few names to go for that year. I guess the number of people who put there name on the list the last few years has gone up quite a bit as well.

SandraVB79
01-04-2006, 11:33 PM
You can always say that you accept indecent proposals (although that doesn't really seem to help, ha!)
;) :D

AVP
01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Okay, so I've been lurking here a while...'bout time you finally got around to registering!!!!!! :p

AVP
p.s. - did you see the "Enjoy the Lites" commerical?

brioss
01-05-2006, 11:59 AM
'bout time you finally got around to registering!!!!!! :p

AVP -- you have mail! (or at least a Private message)

brioss
01-05-2006, 12:09 PM
You can always say that you accept indecent proposals (although that doesn't really seem to help, ha!)
;) :D

Sandra,

From your signature, I'm thinking you might want to take a look at the thread I was directed to over on "another board" (I don't know if it's cool to name the place, so I won't). I got the info and called up. Turns out I actually know someone who is involved with the organization -- this thing is totally legit, but they asked me not to post any details and simply refer people directly to their office. What Opus1guy said is correct: they told me the Club specifically instructed the member who is sponsoring the event to make sure the organization does not post details on a public website. The event is less than two weeks away though, so if you need to buy a plane ticket from Belgium you'd better get on that right away!

SandraVB79
01-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Brioss, can you send me a private message with the link to that other thread?
Not that I will be going, I am "just" back from California (due to serious shopping (Beverly Hills! Next to Disney, I am also Chanel-addicted :rolleyes:) this was a very expensive vacation), I am leaving in a couple of hours for DLP, ... so I don't have a budget to go right now again to California (probably in May or September)
But I am curious about the thread :)

brioss
01-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Brioss, can you send me a private message with the link to that other thread?

Done!