PDA

View Full Version : Feb 28- Mar 6 crowds?

Pages : [1] 2 3

luvitthere
01-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Its booked, cant change now. Would still like to know what to expect at this time. Any thoughts?

eryn
01-04-2006, 10:02 PM
i have no idea but we'll see you there! I did do some searching before hand. there is a holiday weekend BEFORE, and there is NO cheerleaders!! Fairly small conventions at the centre and no school breaks that I could see. So, im hoping it will rain slightly and keep the rest of the people away. But, seeing as its still the 50th and many people seemed to be saving thier vacations to be here for it, we might be in for a surprise. Have a great time!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Will see you there too. We, my 4yo and I, are arriving on March 1st, and departing on March 4th. Hoping to get there early on the 1st so we can enjoy the park a bit that day, and may not fly home until evening on the 4th. Will have to see how the flights are as we fly standby.
My son goes to a private school and he school is closed March 2nd and 3rd for "mid winter break." We live in Washington state. From what I can see, this is only for his school, and not the public schools, so I do not anticipate a rush of people heading to DL from WA.

shawnarae
01-05-2006, 06:45 AM
I personally don't think it will be super busy. A lot of school spring breaks this year will be during the week of March 20th & April 10th. Plus my kids' school in Az has Feb 17th & 20th off for teacher in service days. So clearly avoiding those 2 spring break weeks is great. Have fun!

kewlyloch
01-05-2006, 11:18 AM
I am planning on going around this time frame too and taking my 1 year old for the first time. I am hoping the crowds aren't too bad.

kkmickey
01-05-2006, 11:32 AM
there is a holiday weekend BEFORE, and there is NO cheerleaders!! Fairly small conventions at the centre and no school breaks that I could see.

Exactly why I planned a special birthday trip for my two best friends at that time, along with the fact that POC will be closed for refurb after that.

That being said, I think that March 1 through the 4th especially is a HORRIBLE time to go, and if you are even thinking of planning a trip during that time, you should really go at another time! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) do you think it will work?

I can't tell you how excited I am for this trip. I am planning SO many surprises for my friends for this trip, it will be AMAZING!!!

Kristin

MermaidHair
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Count us in - We will be there from 3/1 - 3/4. Thing 1 (aka DD) has a b-day the following week but we chose this one because of the lack of convention traffic. I just got good prices on airfare ($80 r/t from Oakland to Long Beach) and hotel is booked. All I need is our parkhoppers!

I,too, am crossing my fingers for low crowds. See you there!

tstan70
01-06-2006, 07:16 AM
add another small group that will be there at that time... We are looking to go from Feb 26 - March 2.

It looks like it shouldn't be very crowded, but this past year has been more crowded than anticipated. I just hope a lot of people go the week before and leave the parks empty for us :)

We haven't been since December 2004 and my two kids have been asking when we are going to Disneyland again.

keschy
01-06-2006, 10:14 AM
We are going the weekend of March 4th and I can't wait! It seems like a pretty good time to go as far as crowds, even with the 50th. I might try to go on Saturday & Sunday and then pick one mid week day to go too. I'd love to go tues-thurs but I really want to see the new shows Saturday night.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Well by the looks of all the MPers that will be there, the 1st-4th, it may be busy, lol!
I am hoping we can get flights out of here early enough to enjoy part of the day on the 1st, at the park. Being that I will only have my 4yo, I can keep him up a bit later. I should check out the park calendar to see what the hours are. Oh and I can now call for our priority seating. I did find out that the Plaza Inn is only breakfast and neither or us are big breakfast eaters, so we may just go with Goofy's.

twist1980
01-06-2006, 09:46 PM
I would venture to guess that you will be okay! :) President's week is the week prior to that, so all of the people out of school on holiday should be gone! Yeah for you! Hopefully no one will be sticking around...

Have a wonderful trip!

luvitthere
01-07-2006, 11:38 AM
thanks everyone, see you there:)

DisneyLynn
01-07-2006, 04:52 PM
I'll be there one day, not sure which one yet. I have a friend coming from Boston and we're going to go for one day.

Pat-n-Eil
01-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Yup.. my friend Dave and I arrive March 1st and leave on the 4th..

ILovePoker
01-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Plus my kids' school in Az has Feb 17th & 20th off for teacher in service days.

Isn't that for President's Day that they have school off? Or is it a teacher service day on the 17th?

shawnarae
01-09-2006, 01:04 PM
17th is "teacher in-service" & the 20th is "Presidents day". So we have a 4 day weekend that weekend :)

CariBelle
01-09-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm trying to plan a trip for March 3-5. It will be my nephew's first trip!

ILovePoker
01-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Hmm, I wonder if Friday the 17th will be moderately crowded or super crowded. It's hours are 8-12 but I wonder if many will be travelling from Arizon and visiting later in the day.

Lekta
01-09-2006, 04:48 PM
I will be there for the same days. One of the reasons we decided to do it at this time is that Pirates goes down for a while right as we leave. We could NOT enjoy a trip to DL without that ceremonious first ride on PoC with our Carnation Cafe Mocha's!!!

Can't wait!

nvmom
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
We're looking at Mar 2-6th. So there's another family of 5 for you! :)

nvmom

bekky
02-19-2006, 06:43 PM
We'll be there too ... March 2-4

We've got the AAA Package with the tickets & all the goodies & were good to go !

Looks like quite a few people here are actually going that same time ... should be fun

:p Getting exciting ! :p

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-19-2006, 09:16 PM
From the responses to this post, it looks like the park is going to be full of Padders!

CariBelle
02-19-2006, 09:20 PM
My initial plans with my nephew didn't work out, but my boyfriend and I will be there the 4-6th! We'll be spending the 4th at Universal though.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-19-2006, 09:36 PM
My initial plans with my nephew didn't work out, but my boyfriend and I will be there the 4-6th! We'll be spending the 4th at Universal though.

Have a fun time at Universal. I haven't been there since 1999.

CariBelle
02-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Have a fun time at Universal. I haven't been there since 1999.
Thanks! I went for the first time on New Years Day this year, boyfriend had been there before. We got an annual pass for only a few dollars more than our park tickets so we're going to stop by on the way down and hit some rides we missed last time.