PDA

View Full Version : So Mad! Say it aint so :( [The new and improved (?) POTC]

Viva La Disney
01-04-2006, 01:03 PM
According to Wikipedia's POTC article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean), POTC is going to be completly changed this year, as is WDW's. I already made a thread about how I hope that this wouldn't happen, but I guess it is. They're ruining the best ride ever:crying: Sorry if this has already been talked about, I just needed to vent:crying: :mad: :( :crying:

01-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Vent away, mon ami. But who knows, it could be an even better best ride ever.

I guess we'll find out, eh?

adriennek
01-04-2006, 01:05 PM
According to Wikipedia's POTC article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean), POTC is going to be completly changed this year, as is WDW's. I already made a thread about how I hope that this wouldn't happen, but I guess it is. They're ruining the best ride ever:crying: Sorry if this has already been talked about, I just needed to vent:crying: :mad: :( :crying:

Do you realize that information was based on a MiceAge article from August of 2005?

(Click the reference number at the end of the piece)

Adrienne

DianeM
01-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Wikipedia is a wonderful resource, but the people who posted there don't have an inside track into Disneyland's design team. Always keep in mind that wrong information is posted on Wikipedia quite frequently. The ride isn't being shut down long enough to do a complete re-build. I'm going to worry about hating the new POTC after I've seen it.

DisneyLynn
01-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing, it's only going to be shut down 3 months isn't it?? That's not long enough for a total redo.

disneyperson
01-04-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't think the changes will be that drastic. Incorrect info and rumors get posted all the time. I'm not going to worry and just wait and see.

JookyG
01-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I loved the first POTC film, and I'm dying to see the next one. Since most of the current rumors claim that the imagineers are not taking anything away from the attraction, just adding to it, I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store. Change is good.

I love POTC, but like HM, it's aging and the wrinkles are starting to show. We can't live in yesterday forever, nor would Walt have wanted that. I'm sure he'd jump at an opportunity to plus a favorite attraction and build synergy between it and some very successful films.

RStar
01-05-2006, 07:01 PM
According to Wikipedia's POTC article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean), POTC is going to be completly changed this year

According to the article, it will NOT be COMPLETELY changed, as you can see from this quote:

The "Hurricane Scene", the "Crews Quarters Scene", the "Captains Quarters Scene" and the "Treasure Scene" at Disneyland will all be unchanged visually except for a few new props used in the movies.

Who knows how much of it will change. I love the movie and the ride, I think the change will be great!

~Bob

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-05-2006, 09:11 PM
I agree that 3 months is NOT enough time for a total redo. I think Disney would have a riot on their hands if they changed what I consider to be the best ride in the park.
I will video it one last time before the rehab on our next trip. I even moved our trip up a week just so we could get there before it goes down, as it is my 4yos FAVORITE ride.

sunfun94
01-05-2006, 09:32 PM
oops

sunfun94
01-05-2006, 09:33 PM
I even moved our trip up a week just so we could get there before it goes down, as it is my 4yos FAVORITE ride.

Did your 4 yr old immeadiatly like POTC? Mine wont go near the entrance! LOL... But she likes pirates per say..argh. Any ideas?:D