PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on Jan 5th?

smanrick51
01-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Since this is the first place that I thought to come to when I heard some friends were going to the park tomorrow, hopefully somebody can offer some information...

How bad should the crowds be tomorrow? The park hours are shorter, so does that mean that they don't expect it to be crowded?

Thanks for all the help! :)

Darkbeer
01-04-2006, 12:32 PM
No, the park hours are shorter due to a private party that was booked months ago, before they figured out that this week was going to be much busier than normal.

Go look at the January 3rd thread to find out more, it will be about the same.

nursemelis374
01-04-2006, 12:37 PM
I was going to say what Darkbeer just said. The Januray 3rd thread makes it seem like it will be really crowded!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-04-2006, 01:17 PM
I have a feeling its going to be nuts, we're going tomorrow (attending the private party) and plan on spending most of the day at the hotel before heading to DL for the fireworks and the herding to the ROA to await the party. Friday, the day will be spent at DCA.

DisneyLynn
01-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Just curious, what company or group is lucky enough to have a private party there????

disneyhound
01-04-2006, 04:03 PM
We will be there tomorrow!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Just curious, what company or group is lucky enough to have a private party there????

Vons is the company I work for, (this previously was a yearly event for us, normally in early December) usually there are at least one if not two other companies or groups there at the same time.

Its fun, hopefully the kids will nap and be ready to go for a somewhat crowd free evening!!!!

We're getting to DLR early in the morning, dropping the bags at the Grand Californian and then off to the DL to hopefully jump on a ride or two before naptime.

DisneyLynn
01-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Everyone who's there today, let us know what the crowds are like. I'm going Sunday/Monday and staying at DLH for the first time!

nursemelis374
01-05-2006, 06:46 AM
It's supposed to be almost 80 degrees today, I wonder how that will come into play.

shawnarae
01-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Everyone who's there today, let us know what the crowds are like. I'm going Sunday/Monday and staying at DLH for the first time!

How exciting!!! The 1st time at DLH is magical I think :) Have fun & walk the property. Just walking around DLH is a wonderful feeling. You'll have to give us a trip report when you get back on your 1st time staying there!!

josephfive
01-05-2006, 01:35 PM
DD and I just got back and it was pretty crowded today. The CM at Dumbo said that there was about 36000 in the park - that was at 9:30am. The heat was really getting to people, especially the out-of-towners. Lots said they were going to have to buy t-shirts. Saw lots of folks with the Texas Longhorns gear on. There were lots of families there too. We went on Jan 1 and I don't recall seeing as many strollers as I did today.