PDA

View Full Version : Sephora makeover question

infinite
01-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I am going to be meeting a friend at Disneyland. I will be at the GCH and she will be at the DL hotel. Do you think they would allow me to buy two of the early-entry makeovers and let her use one (on the same time/day) or is it exclusively for GCH guests? I realize no one may have the answer, but I thought I would ask

If they do not does anyone know if this, does anyone know if this particular Sephora does makeovers later in the day?

01-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Just make two ressies and don't explain when you do it. Should be no problem.

I think Sephora does makeovers throughout the day but not the in-depth kind you'd be booking through the GCH.

TDBearGrrl
01-03-2006, 03:23 PM
I thought they were available for guests of all the hotels, not the Grand. When my friend Lala and I did ours in 2003 there were 2 people there who were staying at the DLH.

You got me thinking, maybe I will do this when we are there later this month for my birthday...

01-03-2006, 03:59 PM
I thought they were available for guests of all the hotels, not the Grand.

Ya know, I think you're right!

Susan L
01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Could someone give some more detailed info on this makeover. Thanks

01-04-2006, 06:26 AM
Could someone give some more detailed info on this makeover. Thanks

My two daughters, 7th and 9th graders at the time, and I did this a year ago October. I'm happy to tell you what I remember. I'm sure others will have details or changes to add.

We arrived in front of the DTD Sephora just before 8:30. A woman with a list checked us off (total of maybe 12 women) and let us in to the store. The door was locked behind us. I am in my 40s and was the oldest woman in this group by about ten years. My 7th grader was the youngest. She and I never felt out of it or uncomfortable.

We were seated and a Benefit Cosmetics representative gave a presentation. It lasted about 1/2 hour and was fun and informative. Really.

We were then told to grab a stool at a makeover station. These were scattered throughout the store. Sephora's walls are glass so passersby can watch you. If this bugs you, find a station towards the back.

My makeup artist began by asking me what brands and products I use. Then she gave me stuff that was totally different. She wrote everything down on a chart and explained it as well. It was a real makeover that took about an hour. I loved what she did and bought the products but was not pressured to do so in any way. Sarah was my makeup artist and is very talented. If she is there when you go, try to grab her station!

My older daughter also loved her makeover. My younger daughter was upset that the session took so long. She wanted to go ride Indy before the crowds.

Should say that the makeover was realistic in that I can do it myself at home, thanks to the chart. It is basically what I do every day now. Also should say that we live far from a Sephora so this was extra fun for us.

We were out of there by 10:30. If given another opportunity to do this, my older daughter and I would be there in a heartbeat. My younger daughter would still rather ride Indy.

Enjoy!

jennia
01-04-2006, 08:13 AM
The only way to get this extra-long makeover is to stay at the hotels? I'm curious because we have a Sephora store about an hour from my home and I'd LOVE to get a make-over there as opposed to while my guys are chomping at the bit to hit the Parks!!! :D

SCUBAbe
01-04-2006, 05:47 PM
The only way to get this extra-long makeover is to stay at the hotels? I'm curious because we have a Sephora store about an hour from my home and I'd LOVE to get a make-over there as opposed to while my guys are chomping at the bit to hit the Parks!!! :D

I had a benefit makeover at the sephora in hollywood. It took 30 to 45 min. there was no pre presentation, but they did explain everything they used on me. We were there early and just walked right up to have it done. We arrived later in the day on weekend and it was by appointment only. My mother bought everything they used on her ($360+) I stuck with bare minerals, but I did buy the mascara and eyeshadow..:)