PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary dinner

mckygirl99
01-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Beside Napa Rose (we already did that), where would a nice place to eat to celebrate a wedding anniversary? I was praying for Club 33 but so know that's not going to happen.

Any suggestions?? Oh and my DH hates Catal for some reason. Go figure!

01-03-2006, 01:25 PM
The Vineyard Room (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=51794)

KarenW2
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
We celebrated our 25th anniversary a couple of years ago at Napa Rose, but also at Granville's Steak House at the DLH. My sneaky hubby had spoken to Chef Jason of GSH ahead of time, asking if they could do something special in chocolate (my favorite) for a celebratory dessert, as a suprise for me. CJ said he would speak to their pastry chef and see what they could do.

We had a very nice dinner there, as usual and at dessert time, I was VERY surprised, as was my hubby (he didn't know what was going to happen, just that they would do "something"), when they brought us a very special dessert!!

If you go to our photo album website, click on the 25th anniversary photo, to view our special dessert: http://members.cox.net/dl.album/ . Our dinner was after a long, hot day in the parks and I definitely was not expecting to have my photo taken, buy my hubby wanted to put it in our scrapbook anyway.

In this same section, you can see the special turn down service we received in our room at the GCH, the banner I made for our Tower of Terror ride (the only time I've bought an on-ride photo) and the 25 roses (one for each year) that my hubby had set-up ahead of time at our favorite off-site restaurant, The Hobbit, in Orange, Ca. It was quite a year for celebrating!!

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a happy anniversary!!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
We celebrated our 20th at The Vineyard Room. I recommend it highly.

-TLMt

adriennek
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Beside Napa Rose (we already did that), where would a nice place to eat to celebrate a wedding anniversary?

Oh, and see, I look for reasons to go BACK :D

Remember, they change their menu seasonally!

Ok, the creme brulee doesn't change. It's always in a tart. But the sauce slightly changes seasonally ;)

Adrienne

disneyjunkie
01-03-2006, 10:23 PM
We had a wonderful dinner at Granvilles for my 50th birthday. The atmosphere was very wonderful and we had 7 of us and a baby the table we had was secluded and the service was excellent as well as the food. Some my think Granvilles is a little "old school" but it was just what I needed after a start at Goofys kitchen for breakfast and a full day a the park. The birthday dessert was way yummy too.

THpoohbear
01-04-2006, 08:36 AM
I also put in a vote for Granville's. My hubby and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary there. The food was delicious! :p

mckygirl99
01-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Just talked to my DH and decided on the Vineyard Room. We will be there Saturday night for dinner. We are excited to celebrate the first 6 of many happy more years to come!

Thanks so much for all your input!

mckygirl99
01-04-2006, 09:07 AM
We had a wonderful dinner at Granvilles for my 50th birthday. The atmosphere was very wonderful and we had 7 of us and a baby the table we had was secluded and the service was excellent as well as the food. Some my think Granvilles is a little "old school" but it was just what I needed after a start at Goofys kitchen for breakfast and a full day a the park. The birthday dessert was way yummy too.

Perhaps we'll try Granvilles for my husband's 30th birthday in March!