PDA

View Full Version : best shuttle from LAX to Anaheim?

opus
03-27-2002, 09:44 AM
Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to DL in September. Last time we used a travel agent for the trip, and she used Super Shuttle to get us from LAX to Anaheim. It was OK, but really crowded.

Does anyone have opinions on shuttles from LAX? As in, different companies, rates, etc?

Thanks.

KarenW2
03-27-2002, 12:42 PM
My advice would be to fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County! It's much closer to Disneyland (like maybe 20 mins?), it's a much smaller airport and a lot less traffic than LAX. Much more laid back and easier to get in and out of. If you're staying at a hotel, they may have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

If you're flying into LAX, you might want to look into getting an air shuttle with your airline or another, that would take you from LAX to John Wayne. The flight time is only about 15 mins and it's much easier than driving thru all that traffic from LAX to Anaheim!

SpaceMTJunkie
03-28-2002, 04:02 PM
We use Airport Bus. Drops us off right at the DL Hotel.

www.airportbus.com

WizKidRyan
03-28-2002, 04:49 PM
I always recommend Supershuttle...
In regards to airports, as previously mentioned, there's John Wayne. Also, there is Ontario International (code ONT) which is a 35 minute drive from Anaheim. I recommend this, because I had some friends visit out of state this past summer, and it saved them both about $200 flying to ONT vs LAX

tabacco
03-28-2002, 05:52 PM
AirportBus is pretty good... they run to both LAX and SNA and will drop you at your hotel. I forget the prices, but they're posted at http://www.airportbus.com

coronamouseman
03-28-2002, 08:41 PM
Totally agree with those who recommend John Wayne over LAX - for that matter, Ontario Airport is also easier to get in and out of than LAX and does not have the annoying fog which sometimes creates havoc at coastal JW and LAX during May/June in SoCal.
You can just run out and get a cab and be at DLR in minutes from JW. From Ontario you might want to rent a car .........

I personally detest Super Shuttle simply because the last three times I ended up using them I ended up getting stuck with about 5 other passengers and spending 3 hours in the van before getting to my destination. One of those times, in SF, I had just flown in from Hong Kong and was going to San Jose - we ended up with 5 passengers in the van and we pretty much stopped every 8-10 miles during the 45 miles or so between SF and SJ.
It took almost 3 hours, which, on top of the 14 hour flight and time change was clearly intolerable. Another time, when returning from Hawaii at LAX, ended up riding around the whole Inland Empire before getting home in Corona 2.5 hours later .........

ionfreeway
03-29-2002, 06:34 AM
We just got back from the DLR and we flew into John Wayne.

I would strongly suggest going with Super Shuttle over Airport Bus. We use Airport Bus and had nothing but problems. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get from JW to the Sheraton Anaheim due to a lot of disorganization on Airport Bus' part.

Super Shuttle seemed much more organized and we saw several more of them coming to the airport in greater frequency. Just my 2 cents, but I garuntee we will not be using Airport Bus on our next trip.

ae's mom
03-29-2002, 07:53 AM
We used XPress Shuttle out of Ontario in December. We were the only ones in it (I called for reservations ahead of time) and we literally stepped off the plane at 11:00, got our bags, got our shuttle, checked in our hotel, got settled and then walked into Disneyland at 11:50!!

If you decide to fly to John Wayne Airport and there are not to many of you, a taxi may be the way to go. We went several years ago with two little ones and the extra cost of the taxi was worth it. No waiting, no sharing and we went straight to our hotel. We had a wonderful taxi driver....he refused a tip and said to spend it on the children at Disneyland, I guess he could tell how excited they were!!:)

opus
03-29-2002, 08:18 AM
Thanks for everyone's input.

I'll check and see if we can fly into John Wayne or Ontario. Last time we went I got free round trip tickets and park hopper's for the kids through Alaska Airlines. I'm going to do that again, I think. If I have to stick with LAX, I think it's worth the travel time to DLR.

Thanks again! I love this board. :)