PDA

View Full Version : Monsters, Inc. now part of the normal operating schedule

Darkbeer
01-03-2006, 10:10 AM
While they still have not had the official press Grand Opening, Monsters, Inc. is being advertised to guests as "NOW OPEN!".

The Disneyland Guide to the Magic that was released today has that comment in LARGE Yellow letters.

You see this large banner when you enter the west side Security gates.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1093800/4/50864635/Large

They have removed the "preview" comment on the ad they had in the middle of the Main Entry Plaza.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1093800/3/50863951/Large

Plus on the side of the ticket booths is this.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1093800/1/50862468/Large

So except for the morning hours on Monday January 23rd, you should be able to ride Monsters, Inc. (Of course, like any attraction, it could be closed due to mechanical issues)

Disneynerd
01-03-2006, 10:14 AM
This is so exciting!!! Scary feet, Scary feet!

momuvseven
01-03-2006, 10:25 AM
We rode without any waiting on 12/30. Our kids didn't remember this movie ages 3-12. The waiting areas in line could have been more exciting. They liked the little tv screens in the taxis and I thought it was cool how you could smell the sushi in the resturant. The doors looked pretty neat and like the actual movie. We liked the ride but the kids didn't ask to go on it again. When they really like it they want to ride it over and over again. Definately not one I would want to wait in line for.

Opus1guy
01-03-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm just an old foggie in Disney-land, but that "New Ride" bit kinda bugs me.

Remember when it used to be only Adventures and Attractions, and "ride" was a dirty word (Walt's Mr. Toad exception aside)?

Disneynerd
01-03-2006, 10:45 AM

Remember when it used to be only Adventures and Attractions, and "ride" was a dirty word (Walt's Mr. Toad exception aside)?I admit, I've fallen off the wagon. I was strictly an "attraction" user, but I've recently used "ride" on a few occasions. It bugs me too, almost as much as when people say "Haunted House" and "The Pirate Ride".

mckygirl99
01-03-2006, 10:46 AM
We rode without any waiting on 12/30. Our kids didn't remember this movie ages 3-12. The waiting areas in line could have been more exciting. They liked the little tv screens in the taxis and I thought it was cool how you could smell the sushi in the resturant. The doors looked pretty neat and like the actual movie. We liked the ride but the kids didn't ask to go on it again. When they really like it they want to ride it over and over again. Definately not one I would want to wait in line for.
WOW! My daughter and I loved it but we love the movie too. We rode it for the first time yesterday and immediately went on it again. My husband is taking her today so he can ride it too. It was all she talked about last night (she's 5).

disneyhound
01-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks Darkbeer! Another thing to look forward to on our next visit!

ONLY TWO DAYS AWAY!!!

blewellen
01-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I really loved Monster's. My nephew also loved this attraction and wants to ride it again. I rode it 3 times over the New Years weekend and will ride it again. Yes, I could see how it could get boring after while, but thats if I let it. It is a great addition to that area back there.

Now they need to bring DUH back and I would be even happier!

mypupmickey
01-03-2006, 04:17 PM
A question: When I rode it, the video screen ran something for about 10-15 seconds, then went black for the rest of the ride. My friend said the same thing happened 12/27. Was there supposed to be more? Being a soft opening I assumed it was a malfunction. Maybe not?

I'm glad some people enjoyed it, but not much after a 45 minute wait (Jan. 1st in the rain.)

blewellen
01-03-2006, 04:26 PM
A question: When I rode it, the video screen ran something for about 10-15 seconds, then went black for the rest of the ride. My friend said the same thing happened 12/27. Was there supposed to be more? Being a soft opening I assumed it was a malfunction. Maybe not?

I'm glad some people enjoyed it, but not much after a 45 minute wait (Jan. 1st in the rain.)

Thats all the screen does. Just announces a kid has been spotted and then you enter into the show itself.

mypupmickey
01-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

Opus1guy
01-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I wrote above:

Remember when it used to be only Adventures and Attractions, and "ride" was a dirty word (Walt's Mr. Toad exception aside)?

Coincidentally, today I just received a Disney "The Gears Behind The Ears" podcast interview with Imagineering head Marty Sklar titled "Marty: Open Door" in which he talks about not using the term "ride" at Disneyland.

Strangely, the announcer states the podcast date as being January 9th, 2006 and continues with strangeness as being text dated December 26, 2005.