PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Bounce House is now part of Yesterland

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
01-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Picked up the new Guide to the Magic this morning, and in the normal place where it is listed, we have this...

49. Stay toon'd for something fun!

murdock23
01-03-2006, 12:46 PM
so goofy's bounce house is no longer open?? it was one of my 3 year olds favorite things to do.

rentayenta
01-03-2006, 01:01 PM
My kids loved that. I'm glad they got the chance to play in Dec.

infinite
01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Oh, that is sad, my boys loved it, too.

MermaidHair
01-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Any CMs out there with any insight on this? I know my kids would have loved this. :(

Darkbeer
01-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Stopped by the resort this afternoon to take photos, it was closed.

Al Lutz over at MiceAge talked about a project similar to what happened at WDW in the old Sub area going into the area.

carolyn
01-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Awww, too bad. My son loved that bounce house. *sniff*

Noah
01-03-2006, 10:53 PM
What a shame, that attraction actually seemed like the funnest thing to do at Disneyland for a 3-5 year old. I am sure some liability lawsuits caused that attraction to be removed. What a shame.

mi_mous
01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Man, that was one of my sons favorites too.. it will be missed.:(

disneyperson
01-04-2006, 12:14 PM
My daughter loved it when she was little. We were there on a slow day once and the CM let her stay in there for as long as she wanted. (which was a long time!)I'm sorry my little grandson won't get to bounce in it too,but I'll bet something nifty will be there in it's place.

socaltexan02
01-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Aw man, count my daughter as another disappointed 3 yr. old. She actually talks about it when we're not at DL - like when she sees Goofy anywhere (video, TV ad, etc.). In fact we went to a b-day party at Goofy's Kitchen the other night and she thought that was cool, but wanted to go to his bounce house afterwards. LOL

ILovePoker
01-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Yay it's closing!:D

It was an attraction that only attracted very young children and I think they need to build something for more age groups to enjoy.

Andrew
01-04-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm disappointed and sad that I never got to go in there. I've heard of CMs who would allow one or two grown-ups in the Bounce House when there weren't any kids around, but never managed to find one on duty when I was there.

olegc
01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Yay it's closing!:D

It was an attraction that only attracted very young children and I think they need to build something for more age groups to enjoy.

like who? that entire side of Toontown was specifically targeting young kids up to 10 yrs or so (maybe 8 yrs old).

and - if speculation is correct - what will go in is targeted at the same audience age group... but it will be outdoor...

disneyperson
01-04-2006, 06:20 PM
There are very few attractions at DL targeted for young children. I hope new attraction is geared towards the same group.

TP2000
01-04-2006, 06:31 PM
There are very few attractions at DL targeted for young children. I hope new attraction is geared towards the same group.

Read the Al Lutz article on this topic from a few months ago. Apparently the replacement for Goofy's Bounce House targets an even younger age group than the Bounce House did.

newhdplayer
01-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Read the Al Lutz article on this topic from a few months ago. Apparently the replacement for Goofy's Bounce House targets an even younger age group than the Bounce House did.

You must be talking about the new changing tables for the 14 month old crowd:~D

olegc
01-04-2006, 09:09 PM
if it's what I think it is... here is a great pictorial review of what they built in WDW....

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=eo050907bb

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Pooh's Playful Spot looks like something my kids would really enjoy. They never did go to Goofy's Bounce House.

JeffG
01-05-2006, 08:03 AM
My 2-year-old absolutely loved Pooh's Playful Spot during our recent visit to WDW. I do think Disneyland would benefit from having something similar.

-Jeff

Opus1guy
01-05-2006, 09:23 AM

It's a 7ft inflatable slide in the shape of Pluto's tongue. I think they're getting it from Sam's Club.

:)

MonorailChris
01-06-2006, 11:27 AM
WHAT!!!!!:eek: how can they get rid of goofy's house?and replace it with winnie the pooh? come on people, for one pooh lives in the hundred acre woods NOT TOONTOWN! why not keep goofy's house and instead make some kind of kid friendly movie/ride of all the stuff goofy and max did on the road to go see powerline, or even like the espn games from the extremly goofy movie.make it not so rough. so little ones can go in it and have it seem like you are going to go watch vacation films in his house/or basement.maybe with some effects like honey i shrank the audience,and tough to be a bug.a lot of kids do not like startours,but if you make it like you are just watching a movie and the seats just happen to move a little,they might enjoy it.be sides do you want to explain to your kids why goofys house isn't in toontown anymore.what happend did mickey finally find out about him and minnie?my kids still miss chip & dales acorn pit (or whatever it was called) and they are 17 &15! i say clear out the park next to his house and do something with goofy not pooh .he has a attraction already.

olegc
01-06-2006, 11:56 AM
as always - no one knows for sure what is scheduled to go in. Just keep a look out and then go mad when the info becomes a little more concrete ;-)

ILovePoker
01-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I can't think of a nicer way to put this other than I fully disagree. Fantasyland is pretty much a huge childrens playground. Dumbo, Peter Pan, Alice, Matterhorn, Tea Cups and the Circus Train. Pooh also is targeted towards younger children as well. I'm sorry but I can't bite that bologni.

Toontown should definitely try to get more than 3 year olds into the area in the future. Other than Roger Rabbit (which has huge wait times) there's nothing else to do.

Perdie
01-06-2006, 01:06 PM
I can't think of a nicer way to put this other than I fully disagree. Fantasyland is pretty much a huge childrens playground. Dumbo, Peter Pan, Alice, Matterhorn, Tea Cups and the Circus Train. Pooh also is targeted towards younger children as well. I'm sorry but I can't bite that bologni.

Toontown should definitely try to get more than 3 year olds into the area in the future. Other than Roger Rabbit (which has huge wait times) there's nothing else to do.

I AGREE!!!! :D