PDA

View Full Version : AAA Restaurant discounts?

The old man
01-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Can anyone confirm that AAA members get a discount at the sit down restaurants at DL & DCA? This was mention in the podcast by the Amateur Traveler--but I never heard of it.
David

Stupid_American
01-03-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm curious too.
That was the first I heard of it.
The "Oh, by the way..." nature of the comment made it sound like hearsay.

Mrs. Newseditor44
01-03-2006, 03:06 PM
This is directly from the AAA site....

Save 10 percent on food and beverage purchases and dine with Disney Characters at Goofy's Kitchen at the DisneylandŽ Hotel, Disney's PCH Grill at Disney's Paradise PierŽ Hotel, or Plaza Inn in DisneylandŽ park. Also, save at Ariel's Grotto and Wine Country Trattoria in Disney's California AdventureTM park.
Valid only at selected dining locations in the Resort during applicable times. Discount excludes taxes, gratuity, and alcoholic beverages. Disney Priority Seating is not required, but suggested, especially for Character meals, as hours vary. To arrange Priority Seating at selected Resort restaurants, call Disney Dining at 714-781-DINE (3463). Restaurant locations subject to closure/change. Offer subject to change without notice. Restrictions apply.

The old man
01-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm assuming this means no to New Orleans Market or Blue Biyou (I think I misspelled that), etc.

David

Susan L
01-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm assuming this means no to New Orleans Market or Blue Biyou (I think I misspelled that), etc.

David

Yes, you are assuming right on that one. There are also some places in DTD that accept AAA.

The old man
05-04-2006, 08:15 AM
I asked three different people at Ariel's last Friday about the AAA 10% discount. They all said it didn't exist. I see that it is on the AAA website. Can anyone confirm it is still valid and any ideas on how I get the refund (approx. $7)?

David

Darkbeer
05-04-2006, 08:29 AM
I would write a traditional letter to Disneyland, explaining what happened, and if you remember, who you talked to at Ariel's.

I then would send a copy of the AAA wording.

I presume they will not refund your money, but you might get a voucher for a free meal on your next visit, or a $10 food voucher, or something like that. It is a lot easier to have that approved than to get a check cut.

Don't forget, be nice in the letter, and try to give as much detail as possible about the time, and other facts, like if you had Priority Seating.

The old man
05-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks, Darkbeer. Do you have the exact address to use?
David

amarvel
05-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Last month we used the AAA at Ariels with no problem...

The old man
05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks, Darkbeer. Do you have the exact address to use?
David
I found it.
David

bjensen71
05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
It seems it is only the character dining that gives the discount. We were there in March and the only place that accepted a AAA discount was a character meal. We asked at all locations we went to.