PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Single Day, Single Park ticket now $59 - 1/3/05

Darkbeer
01-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Disneyland.com has the new park prices posted.

All Prices are Adults/Kids 3-9

Single Day Single Park $59/$49

Single Day ParkHopper $79/$69

Two Day ParkHopper $116/$86

Three Day ParkHopper $169/$139

Four Day ParkHopper $199/$169

Five Day ParkHopper $219/$189

SandraVB79
01-03-2006, 06:13 AM
:(

eryn
01-03-2006, 08:02 AM
I have no idea if that means they went up or down in price but I looked at my papers just to check how much I paid for tickets through an American travel company( i am canadian!), though it is a package deal, its 166 for me and free for my daughter! That makes it so much more worth it for me. 53$ savings for me and free for kids. cool

Darkbeer
01-03-2006, 08:18 AM
The Single Day tickets went up $3

The Multi-Day tickets went up $10 each.

Opus1guy
01-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Perhaps this will help cut down on the crowds.

;)

Darkbeer
01-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Here is a photo of the new ticket window sign...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1093800/1/50861555/Large

Darkbeer
01-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Let's look at the per day cost for most of the tickets Disneyland is currently selling.

All Prices are Adults/Kids 3-9

Single Day Single Park $59/$49 [$59/$49 a day]

Single Day ParkHopper $79/$69 [$79/$69 a day]

Two Day ParkHopper $116/$96 [$58/$48 a day]

Two Day SoCal Single Park $59/$49 [$29.50/$24.50 a day]

Two Day SoCal ParkHopper $79/$69 [$39.50/$34.50 a day]

Three Day ParkHopper $169/$139 [$56.33/$46.33 a day]

Three Day Advance Purchase (year round) $149/$119 [$49.67/$39.67 a day]

Three Day Advance Purchase (January thru April) $119/$119 [$39.67 a day]

Three Day Advance Purchase (Kid Free with Adult {2 tickets} Jan thru Apr) $149 [$24.83 a day]

Four Day ParkHopper $199/$169 [$49.75/$42.25 a day]

Four Day Advance Purchase (year round) $169/$139 [$42.25/$34.75 a day]

Four Day Advance Purchase (January thru April) $139/$139 [$34.75 a day]

Four Day Advance Purchase (Kid Free with Adult {2 tickets} Jan thru Apr) $169 [$21.13 a day]

Costco Play 4 Days Single Park $119/$119 [$29.75 a day]

Five Day ParkHopper $219/$189 [$43.80/$37.80 a day]

Five Day Advance Purchase (year round) $179/$149 [$35.80/$29.80 a day]

Five Day Advance Purchase (January thru April) $149/$149 [$29.80 a day]

Five Day Advance Purchase (Kid Free with Adult {2 tickets} Jan thru Apr) $179 [$17.90 a day]

eryn
01-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Mine is the five day advance purchase with free child. There is 2 adults and 2 free kids. But we still have all the transportation and accomidation costs. lotsa, lotsa $

potzbie
01-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Perhaps this will help cut down on the crowds.

... at DCA, anyway!

That is genius. Pure genius.

DCA crowds are puny.
The solution of increasing foot traffic into DCA is to RAISE prices of entrance into DCA.
Make it more exclusive; make it harder.

Oh, I hear that the same consultant who recommended RAISING prices for DL/DCA is telling the Los Angeles Coliseum commission to LOWER prices for USC Trojan football games, so that fewer people will want to attend.

Yeah. Right.

MermaidHair
01-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Mine is the five day advance purchase with free child. There is 2 adults and 2 free kids. But we still have all the transportation and accomidation costs. lotsa, lotsa $

Where did you buy your adult + free child tix eryn?

Darkbeer
01-03-2006, 12:43 PM
While I know that both WDTC and AAA offer the tickets as part of a hotel package, the only place I have seen the Kid free with Adult purchase tickets being sold a la carte is at getawaytoday.com

MermaidHair
01-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks Darkbeer. I did not know about the WDTC and AAA only selling those with a package. I guess it will be getawaytoday for us!

Vlyger
01-03-2006, 09:42 PM
I remember when Disneyland only raised its one-day admission tickets two dollars every year (for example: 2000-$41, 2001-$43, 2002-$45, 2003-$47).

Then all of a sudden between 2004 and 2005, the one-day tickets were $49.75, $53, and $56.

Now in 2006, it's $59? Ridiculous!

I'm predicting that later in the year the price will increase to $62.

And in January 2007, it will be $65.

Baby Mine
01-04-2006, 08:45 AM
So much for Walt's Dream of place where parents could take their children for a day of family fun. For a family of four to go for one day will cost over $200 just to get in the door. Then you add food. :confused:

I guess it makes annual passes look more affordable to those that live close enough to go multiple times. However, with the cost of food, I think we will swing through McDonald's on our way.;)

cstephens
01-04-2006, 03:36 PM
So much for Walt's Dream of place where parents could take their children for a day of family fun. For a family of four to go for one day will cost over $200 just to get in the door. Then you add food. :confused:

Nope, it's not cheap, but then, everything costs a lot of money now. People have to plan and save for vacations and trips to Disneyland. It's just a matter of what people decide to spend their disposable income on. Some people pick gadgets, some people pick toys, some people pick movies, some people pick concerts and some people pick Disneyland.

millionairegirl
01-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Compared to the same quality of entertainment it's down right cheap.

Just went up to Mammoth where a one day lift ticket (granted at Holiday price) was $73! They're only open from 8-4!

Tickets to Broadway shows are around $100, and to see a musical at a local playhouse is around $60+. Not to mention College and Professional sporting events!

Do people really expect Disney to give it away?

TP2000
01-04-2006, 06:45 PM

I guess it makes annual passes look more affordable to those that live close enough to go multiple times. However, with the cost of food, I think we will swing through McDonald's on our way.;)

Why don't you try living at the same standards as the Disneyland visitors of say... 1958, a few years after Disneyland opened? That would save you so much money you wouldn't know what to do with it all.

Buy an American car with only AM radio and no power accesories, vinyl seats and no air conditioning. (You can still find those types of stripped down cars on the back of dealers lots if you ask.)

Then sell your microwave and all of your electrical appliances except your blender and your toaster. The dishwasher is gone and replaced by a wood drying rack next to the sink. You get to keep the stove and the fridge, the clothes washer is still yours, but the dryer is replaced with a clothesline in the back yard. Replace all of the color TV's in your house with one 19 inch black and white set, and put it in the living room so the family has to watch the same program together. Cancel your cable TV or Sattelite and wrap some tin foil to the rabbit ears on your lone TV set to get the 3 major networks with less static. Throw out your cell phone and cancel the monthly plan. Replace it with one single phone line from AT&T, a corded phone that sits in the hallway, and pay only for the calls you actually make. Lower the long distance charges by writing a letter instead. And don't even mention a computer or high speed Internet.

Stop eating out every week. Only have one meal per month in a restaurant, and go to Denny's or Coco's instead of Claimjumper or Mimi's Cafe. And when you do eat out, never ever order the steak. Only have the fish or chicken offering because it's just a bit cheaper. You may no longer take the kids to McDonalds once per week for the sheer convenience of it; McDonalds is for teenagers on dates or a special occasion like a birthday. Prepare and eat almost all of your meals at home; breakfast and lunch at the kitchen table and dinner in the dining room. Stop buying endless soft drinks and pre-packaged foods; drink only milk, water or coffee (or a small glass of OJ at breakfast), and bake things from scratch. It's much thriftier. And the pounds will melt away and you'll be the size of your grandmother when she was your age.

I could go on and on into the realms of clothing, entertainment, home decorating and health care, but I think you get my point. Americans are far wealthier and live far more luxurious lifestyles than our counterparts of 1955 to 1965 did when Walt was in charge of Disneyland and setting prices. The middle class of 2006 enjoys luxuries and daily miracles that only the wealthiest people of 1958 had, and many of those modern things weren't even dreamed of just 25 years ago.

A day at Disneyland is still out of reach of some of the poorest families, and that's a shame. But Disneyland is within the reach of a vastly larger amount of Americans than at any time in the last 50 years, and the incredible level of wealth and privelege that we all enjoy would have made Walt's generation green with envy.

If a day at Disneyland still seems expensive to you, just try living like it's 1958 for one single week and I think you'll change your tune. And you will have saved so much money in the process that you can afford that day at Disneyland, with Monte Cristo sandwiches at the Blue Bayou for everyone!

potzbie
01-04-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm predicting that later in the year the price will increase to $62.

And in January 2007, it will be $65.

But you aren't surprised, are you?

Whenever a musical act sells out it concerts, and whenever a store's inventory flys off th shelves faster than the staff and re-stock, then Marketing 101 tells you, "You are selling yourself too d---n cheap!"

You never set prices based on cost.--You set prices based on market demand.

Is DLR reaching maximum capacity? If yes, then Marketing 101 tells Disneyland that you have not yet reached equilibrium.

If you are looking for a "bargain," the Annual Passes for adults for Knott's Berry Farm is a little over $100, and Universal Studios Hollywood is less than $100.
What does that tell you, since theire ACREAGE is comparable to Disneyland?

Darkbeer
01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
But what are the average daily ticket prices (including ParkHoppers) if you take out the Annual Passes (which are very hard to count).

Knott's full price is $45, but the current discounts are between $30 and $35 a day.

USH, you can find $15 off coupons, so that takes their $55 general admission to $40.. BUT USH sells a lot of Front of the Line passes, and the VIP Tour, which helps raise their daily admission fee close to $50.

And earlier in this thread I showed the current DLR ticket discount offers are anywhere between $17.90 and $39.50 a day.... And how many folks buy a single day ticket to Disneyland...

Looks like Disney is the bargain at less than $20 a day!

cstephens
01-04-2006, 09:27 PM
and Universal Studios Hollywood is less than $100.

Or for some people, free.

SandraVB79
01-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Tickets to Broadway shows are around $100, and to see a musical at a local playhouse is around $60+. Not to mention College and Professional sporting events!
In January, I went to see "Elisabeth" (a musical) in Vienna; I saw it twice. First time category 1 tickets at more than 100 EUR per ticket (which makes it about $120?) and second time category 4 tickets at 45 EUR per ticket (i prefered the Cat 2 seats, but since I went back only two days later, I was glad enough to be able to get cat 4 tickets).
Next to that, I had to pay for a city trip (5 days) at one of the more expensive cities of Europe.
In August I repeated the same thing at Berlin (then we went to see the 3 Musketeers musical), and I went to 4 other musicals this year in Belgium (thank God they are cheaper in Belgium)
So yes, actually, when I think about it that way, Disney-prices are not too bad. At least Disney keeps you busy during a whole day, whereas the musical keeps you busy during 3 hours. You still spend money on drinks at the musical, and I always end up buying a programm + CD (compare it with the souvenirs you buy at Disney)
I will nt complain anymore about Disney-prices :rolleyes:

Stop eating out every week. Only have one meal per month in a restaurant, and go to Denny's or Coco's instead of Claimjumper or Mimi's Cafe. And when you do eat out, never ever order the steak. Only have the fish or chicken offering because it's just a bit cheaper. You may no longer take the kids to McDonalds once per week for the sheer convenience of it; McDonalds is for teenagers on dates or a special occasion like a birthday. Prepare and eat almost all of your meals at home; breakfast and lunch at the kitchen table and dinner in the dining room. Stop buying endless soft drinks and pre-packaged foods; drink only milk, water or coffee (or a small glass of OJ at breakfast), and bake things from scratch. It's much thriftier. And the pounds will melt away and you'll be the size of your grandmother when she was your age.
That is basically how we live here in Belgium: we don't go out to eat that much, only for romantic dates or birthdays. We always eat at home, home-cooked meals made from scratch (so no warmed-up meals you buy in a store)
And yes, you don't gain weight as much that way ;) As a matter of fact, here in Belgium I am considered as incredibly fat and overweighted; in the US, I have no problems at all walking around in my bikini (at the beach and pool that is) and I can buy clothes size SMALL!! :D :D :D

TP2000
01-11-2006, 05:24 PM
That is basically how we live here in Belgium: we don't go out to eat that much, only for romantic dates or birthdays. We always eat at home, home-cooked meals made from scratch (so no warmed-up meals you buy in a store)
And yes, you don't gain weight as much that way ;) As a matter of fact, here in Belgium I am considered as incredibly fat and overweighted; in the US, I have no problems at all walking around in my bikini (at the beach and pool that is) and I can buy clothes size SMALL!! :D :D :D

Yes, but here you'd be considered Un-American for being so rational and so healthy. We deserve to eat out every week, and we deserve to go to Disneyland once per year. It's our right! And darn that private company for setting their prices at what the free market can bear!

Welcome to the American minds of the early 21st century. And please enjoy a free 24 ounce refill of Coca-Cola while you complain.