PDA

View Full Version : Fun random Disneyland Hotel connection

Werner
01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
A friend of mine got me a bunch of DVDs from Target for Christmas -- quite obscure stuff, like Ozzie & Harriet and Burns & Allen (see, I told you they're obscure -- you have no idea what I'm talking about already, do you? LOL). Well anyway, the most obscure one is this Nancy Drew movie from 1939 or so. And I see the name of the girl that plays the title character: Bonita Granville. Hmm, why does that name sound familiar? Can't quite place it -- so I IMDB her and there it is: she married Jack Wrather, builder of the Disneyland Hotel. A ha! She is immortalized (well, at least until the end of the age...) in the Bonita Tower and Granville's steakhouse! OK well I'm a geek but I thought it was a fun connection! ;)

tod
01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
A friend of mine got me a bunch of DVDs from Target for Christmas -- quite obscure stuff, like Ozzie & Harriet and Burns & Allen (see, I told you they're obscure -- you have no idea what I'm talking about already, do you? LOL).

I used to watch those shows when they were new. I also corresponded with one producer-director of Burns and Allen, and was taught directing by another one.

Well anyway, the most obscure one is this Nancy Drew movie from 1939 or so. And I see the name of the girl that plays the title character: Bonita Granville. Hmm, why does that name sound familiar? Can't quite place it -- so I IMDB her and there it is: she married Jack Wrather, builder of the Disneyland Hotel. A ha! She is immortalized (well, at least until the end of the age...) in the Bonita Tower and Granville's steakhouse! OK well I'm a geek but I thought it was a fun connection! ;)

Clever of yiou to look it up rather than ask. Well done.

--t

Disneygirl65
01-02-2006, 07:21 PM
That's too cool.

Space Mountain Mike
01-02-2006, 07:24 PM
I found out yesterday that the father of actor Dean Stockwell (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001777/) did the voice for Prince Charming in Snow White.

potzbie
01-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Bonita Granville. ... She is immortalized ... in the Bonita Tower and Granville's steakhouse!

Werner, may I suggest that we "publicize" this a hair bit more?

Please add your tidbit of info to the other thread that is "secrets", (many pages long right now) so that that thread may act as a repository of such insider information.

01-03-2006, 06:19 AM
Ozzie & Harriet and Burns & Allen (see, I told you they're obscure -- you have no idea what I'm talking about already, do you?

Pass the industrial-strength wrinkle cream, please. Young man, you have just mentioned four of the gods of TV and Radio Land.

Opus1guy
01-03-2006, 08:53 AM
quite obscure stuff, like Ozzie & Harriet and Burns & Allen (see, I told you they're obscure -- you have no idea what I'm talking about already, do you? LOL).

Here's another Disneyland (and even Disneyland Hotel) "connection" from that post. For 5 seasons of The Adventures Ozzie & Harriet show, the character "Jack" who was most often the soda-jerk in the maltshop scenes...was none other that the one-time "Official Voice of Disneyland"... Disney Legend, Jack Wagner. (http://legends.disney.go.com/legends/detail?key=Jack+Wagner)

Werner
01-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Pass the industrial-strength wrinkle cream, please. Young man, you have just mentioned four of the gods of TV and Radio Land.

3894 -- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was calling any one "old" -- except for me! :) I'm 41, but I figured that Ozzie and Hariet and Burns and Allen might not ring any bells with others younger than me (or even the same age!) Yes, those are four TV/Radio-Land gods indeed!

Werner
01-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Here's another Disneyland (and even Disneyland Hotel) "connection" from that post. For 5 seasons of The Adventures Ozzie & Harriet show, the character "Jack" who was most often the soda-jerk in the maltshop scenes...was none other that the one-time "Official Voice of Disneyland"... Disney Legend, Jack Wagner. (http://legends.disney.go.com/legends/detail?key=Jack+Wagner)

Opus1guy -- yes, great connection! I love those old Ozzies and it's fun seeing "The Voice" in the flesh! :)

EmmasMom
01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Another Ozzie & Harriet - Disneyland connection is Don DeFore's Silver Banjo Barbecue Restaurant. Don DeFore was the neighbor Thorney on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet.