PDA

View Full Version : Single rider for the first time, questions...

CountryBehr
01-02-2006, 02:58 PM
I will be visiting DL and DCA on Jan. 20th by myself for the first time and have some questions. Are there any tips, tricks, warnings for a single rider? What rides get you on faster as a single rider? Do you get your own car or do you have to wait until there is an open seat for you to sit in? Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

charpaul
01-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Single Rider is available on Splash Mtn. in Disneyland. Go to the Fastpass return gate and ask for a Single Rider pass - they will send you to the Exit/Handicap entrance. There you will wait until there is a log with an open seat. It usually is a short wait. (NOTE- if the park is not very busy they may not be doing Singlerider on this attraction!)

In DCA - you have Grizzly Rapids - Maliboomer - Mulhuland Madness - Soarn' Over Ca - and Sreamin. They all work about the same way. Go to the Fastpass return and then ask for a SingleRider pass. They will direct you on how to go to get on the ride. You never "ride alone" on any of these, you are filling in an open spot to help fully load each car/raft/train/etc....

Have fun!!! It is not a bad thing to tour the park on your own - you never have to consult anyone about what they want to do next :D

CountryBehr
01-02-2006, 05:24 PM
thanks for the info~! i'm getting excited

hbquikcomjamesl
01-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Basically, you're agreeing to fill any available space, wait for openings, and go where you're told to, in exchange for a really good chance (but by no means a certainty) of a somewhat shorter wait (and at least for Soarin', the only attraction for which I have any personal experience with single rider) getting in out of the sun/rain/cold/wind almost immediately, instead of having to wait in the outside queue.

Niwel
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Enjoy this handy, dandy article on going solo (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040713sl.htm) :)

SandraVB79
01-03-2006, 03:25 AM
Enjoy this handy, dandy article on going solo (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040713sl.htm) :)

I read the article, and quite honestly, I have never had/felt so many "problems" as the author with going solo (went 3 times solo to DL, 4th time was with my mom, but since she doesn't go on any ride, it was +/- the same as going solo, except for eating)

simbaNnala101
01-03-2006, 05:49 AM
Some information that I can give you is if you are going alone and would liketo eat in a nice resturant make reservations online or the dy you get there they tend to get full early. Also make your reservations for 2 or 3 people and then act like the others did not show up. I have ried to make reservations for just one and the wait was iether a lot longer then it needed to be or they told me that they could not reserve a table for only one person.
Also get on pirates while you can and tape it b/c it is the last time you will see it in its original form.

~SimbaNnala~

Niwel
01-03-2006, 09:37 AM
I read the article, and quite honestly, I have never had/felt so many "problems" as the author with going solo.

Fear not Sandra ... I was just covering the bases ... I LOVE going solo, I just know there are a lot of people who are uncertain if they can (for whatever reason). Since I wrote the article it has become more common to see solo travelers at the park, and I think the CMs are getting more used to loading solo parties.

WITron
01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
On my last night at the parks I had some alone time and took advantage of the single rider option on Screamin'. The wait was about 30 minutes and with the single rider option I was on and of in about 10 minutes. Of course I didn't have the option of were to sit or anything like that, but hat didn't matter to me. I just wanted to ride and hit the few attractions that I knew my wife wouldn't ride.

SandraVB79
01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Fear not Sandra ... I was just covering the bases ... I LOVE going solo, I just know there are a lot of people who are uncertain if they can (for whatever reason). Since I wrote the article it has become more common to see solo travelers at the park, and I think the CMs are getting more used to loading solo parties.

Being really alone at a park or not doesn't really matter at the part of boarding rides. Even if I'm visiting Disneyland (Paris) with my mom, I still have to go on rides by myself. The only things my mom accompanies me in is HM, POTC and dark rides :rolleyes:

What I think are the most "difficult" parts are:
- Going to the bathroom. yes, you ahve to take everything WITH you, otherwise you can leave it outside with your partner.
- Eating,e specially at buffet restaurants. It's rather difficult to let your valuables alone on your table, it's even more difficult to take them with you to the buffet.

I have never felt any problem being in line for a ride by myself, especially not at the US; I just start talking with people in front and behind me. This is somewhat more a problem at DLP, if they don't speak Dutch, French, English or German, I can't talk to them.

If you ask a CM or another guest to take a picture, they are always willing to do that. I have spent many days alone at DL, and I have tons of pictures of myself with characters. Asking a cute guy to take your picture is also a great way to start a conversation ;)

SandraVB79
01-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Oh, just something I wanted to add:

When i was on the ToT (alone of course, no way I will ever get my mom with me on that!) I was sitting next to a couple in their early thirties. At one point, the lady who was sitting next to me, just grabbed my leg So, grabbing someone else at some point during a ride, does not only happen to singles, it also happens to people who are with their partner on the ride ;)