PDA

View Full Version : Dead Man's Chest Premiere Question

blackjackdelta
01-01-2006, 11:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After searching the threads about DMC, it looks as if the premiere is going to be June 22 to coinicide with the re-opening of the ride. Does anyone have a clue about how to get in to the premier? Do you think the POC ride will soft open prior to the 22nd .

We will be in SoCal that week, would love to take a shot at getting to go...What can I say, the whole family is POC crazy.

Have a great new year,

Another Dimension
01-01-2006, 02:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After searching the threads about DMC, it looks as if the premiere is going to be June 22 to coinicide with the re-opening of the ride. 1. Does anyone have a clue about how to get in to the premier? 2. Do you think the POC ride will soft open prior to the 22nd .

3. We will be in SoCal that week, would love to take a shot at getting to go...What can I say, the whole family is POC crazy.

4. Have a great new year,

1. Somehow acquire a Press Pass and then an invite. Maybe all ya need is a Press Pass .. but then I kinda doubt they are letting in just any and all Media who want to attend.
2. Yes
3. Good luck. But I you will have a much better chance getting some cool pics of the Premiere arrivals as they walk the red carpet down Main St.. if the premiere is done the same way it was for the first movie.
4. Happy New Year

AVP
01-01-2006, 02:29 PM
1. Somehow acquire a Press Pass and then an invite. Maybe all ya need is a Press Pass .. but then I kinda doubt they are letting in just any and all Media who want to attend.Actually, even the media are not allowed to attend the actual premiere, just the red carpet walk.

AVP

olegc
01-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Actually, even the media are not allowed to attend the actual premiere, just the red carpet walk.

AVP

amd don't forget - the CMs are all herded into the Thunder Ranch area to prevent them from mingling with guests and catching a sneak peak. Hey - maybe keep the Santa Stuff around and you can do the Reinder Roundup in July! :eek:

Or - in keeping with theme - put them all in shackles and make them call to a goat from the petting zoo holding they key... :~D (ok, no flames please, i AM being sarcastic!)

lisap
01-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Some of us camped out on Main Street during the last POTC red carpet and had a very fun time--lots of screaming and cheering and figuring out who was who. All the celebs and semi-celebs and hangers-on were there and walked the long walk down Main Street to the ROA, sometimes stopping for pics and autographs. We didn't worry about trying to get into the screening--as was mentioned, things were pretty tight.:rolleyes: We heard about all the goings-on during the premiere after the fact on MP.

I'm sure the frenzy-level will be even higher for POTC2.

Doug
01-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Ok, what the heck is every talking about? Dead Man's Chest? I take it that is the next POTC movie? Where is the premier playing?

Darkbeer
01-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Ok, what the heck is every talking about? Dead Man's Chest? I take it that is the next POTC movie? Where is the premier playing?

The Official Premiere is July 7th, 2006.

But Disneyland Park is hosting the World Premiere (aka Media Event). The official date has not been announced, but it is expected during the last week of June. Just like the first premiere, a lot of set-up will happen (about a week's worth), this createda lot of closures and traffic issues around the Rivers of America area.

The ride closes in early March for a refurb and major chages to reflect the movie characters. The ride is scheduled to reopen for the first time for the movie premiere guests, then open to park guests the next day.

The Genii
01-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I had the good fortune to attend the premier of the first Pirates film. Walking down the red carpet is quite an experience: everybody looks eagerly at you, then turns away as soon as they realize you're just another ordinary joe.
In the bleachers they set up for watching the movie, I sat behind Rebecca Romin (can't remember the spelling, but she was married to John Stamos at the time), and a few seats away from Terri Hatcher. Lots of celebs there, and it was a really great way to watch the movie (outside). The only disappointment was the giveaways: a baseball cap and a version of the Xbox Pirates game.
Now that the first movie was such a big hit, it seems unlikely I'll be able to pull the same trick out of my sleeve as last time, but you never know. :)

Phantom2006
01-02-2006, 01:17 AM
I had the good fortune to attend the premier of the first Pirates film. Walking down the red carpet is quite an experience: everybody looks eagerly at you, then turns away as soon as they realize you're just another ordinary joe.
In the bleachers they set up for watching the movie, I sat behind Rebecca Romin (can't remember the spelling, but she was married to John Stamos at the time), and a few seats away from Terri Hatcher. Lots of celebs there, and it was a really great way to watch the movie (outside). The only disappointment was the giveaways: a baseball cap and a version of the Xbox Pirates game.
Now that the first movie was such a big hit, it seems unlikely I'll be able to pull the same trick out of my sleeve as last time, but you never know. :)

How were you able to attend the premier?

The Genii
01-02-2006, 06:58 AM
I have a friend who's well connected!