PDA

View Full Version : Koi ponds?

potterphreak
01-01-2006, 11:03 AM
How do I find the koi ponds at the DLH? Our first stay there in November, my dad found them and had a blast for over an hour and SWEARS we have to see them this time. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

tod
01-01-2006, 11:04 AM
By the Bonita Tower, just west of the waterfalls.

--t

disneyhound
01-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Just follow the locals with the fishin poles...:eek:

potterphreak
01-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks Tod. I have never seen the waterfalls either. Hmm....

RStar
01-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I haven't been over there since they built DTD, and I assumed the waterfalls were torn out. Are they still there?

~Bob

tod
01-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks Tod. I have never seen the waterfalls either. Hmm....

The waterfalls are hust south of the Bonita Tower.

--t
You do know where the Hotel is, right? :rolleyes:

newhdplayer
01-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I had to dig a "koi-pond" , manually, and then we changed our mind, and I had to fill it back in, manually.:mad:

JeffG
01-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I haven't been over there since they built DTD, and I assumed the waterfalls were torn out. Are they still there?

Yes, the waterfalls and koi pond survived the remodeling. It is still one of the nicest basically hidden spots in the resort.

-Jeff

twist1980
01-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Thank goodness they are still there. It was the reason I didn't mind being in the Bonita tower, it is just beautiful over there. The colored lights are nice and its fun to walk on the pathways down there. Now if only Fantasy Waters was running...:rolleyes:

CamCay
01-01-2006, 06:57 PM
the bonita tower is directly across the hotel grounds from the marina tower, where you check in. to get to the bonita tower, you walk over the waterfalls. if you hang a right, the walkway will take you to the koi ponds. they are beautiful, and huge! the waterfalls have laser lights shining on them now as well, it is very relaxing.:)

Stupid_American
01-02-2006, 05:50 AM
The Waterfalls (http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/disneyslide/index.htm)

RStar
01-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Cool, thanks for the pictures. They still look the same.

~Bob

Donald Duck Dork
01-08-2006, 09:52 AM
the bonita tower is directly across the hotel grounds from the marina tower, where you check in. to get to the bonita tower, you walk over the waterfalls. if you hang a right, the walkway will take you to the koi ponds. they are beautiful, and huge! the waterfalls have laser lights shining on them now as well, it is very relaxing.:)

Now they have Lasers shining on them? What time do they come on?

potterphreak
01-08-2006, 09:57 AM
We were placed in the Bonita Tower this trip and had a GORGEOUS waterfall/koi pond view. Amazing!!!!!! We could hear them in our room and it was so soothing and just so beautiful. Wow, truly special!!! I think i might try to worm my way into the Bonita EVERY time now, instead of the Sierra.