PDA

View Full Version : Olszewski Sleeping Beauty castle

sandrajamrock
12-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Can anyone tell me how to find the Olszewski castle to purchase? Ive looked high and low and have been unable to track it down ! What exactly is the story with this collection ....please help....:(

disneyjunkie
12-30-2005, 09:40 PM
I know its the first piece in the series , which now includes the main st train station, crystal palace and other Main St stores and the Mad Hatters Tea cups , and I believe the jungle cruise to be released shortly. With more pieces to come. I understand that the series when done will fit together to form a mini Disneyland . Pricey but I love my castle!!! I dont know if the day will come when I get the entire series since I keep getting sidetracked to other Disney collectibles. You can try EBAY but I am sure the price will be inflated or call DLR disney delivers I think they may have one or two left at the Disneyana store of Off the Page at DCA. Good luck it is so beautiful with the lights turned on.

mariogarza
12-31-2005, 04:55 PM
This collection started in Dec 2002 and yes, the castle was the first of them, and then Central Plaza and Town Square and they have somewhere around 12 or 15 pieces have been realeased.

Here's a list of all the pieces and accesories that have been released so far...
http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x22174f41b&varPage=home

Those are the pieces that you can buy either at Disneyana, World of Disney, Off the Page (at DCA) or using DelivEARs...sometimes at the stores they run out of them, but if they don't have an specific item, they probably have it at another store, and usually thay can sell the one that's on exhibition.

Here's another page that shows the pieces to be realeased in the future...
http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/olszewski061805.html#schedule

About buying them online:
disneyshopping.com is selling 4 of them, the castle (which is currently unavailable), Main Street Station, Central Plaza and the E.P. Ripley Train.
and they currently have free shipping (which get a bit pricy for those items) untill Jan 11.
http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=14746&Product_Id=188987

The other option is Chamingshoppe.com
they have only 3 pieces, the Castle, Cental Plaza and City Hall/Fire Station.
http://www.charmingshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=33

and the last option is eBay...about the price, you can find them there with very variable prices and you could find one at a very reasonable price and even a lot cheaper than the regular price, however as we all know, there's always a risk when buying there...

From what I heard, the castle specifically, is a piece that you might want to shop at the park, because it's the most fragile of them all, and has a lot of parts that can brake vey easily, and I've heard some folks that order it and some cases they deliver it with an spire or a tree broken. In my case, my first want was Central Plaza and order it at Disneyshopping.com and got it in perfect condition and with free shipping.
2 weeks ago I bought the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyana and I was lucky enough to buy a premier edition signed and dated by Olzsewski, because it was the very last one that they had there. Also I bought the Teacups at World of Disney.

I think the best way to get them is at Disneyland, if not possible I would buy at disneyshopping.com...good luck

SoCalDude
01-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Have you tried the park? We gout ours at the shop in Downtown Disney and last tiem I checked they still had it.

It is a VERY beautiful piece - this is the only one we plan on getting (unless he does a Matterhorn or Space Mt) and we are very, very happy with it!

SandraVB79
01-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Have you tried the park? We gout ours at the shop in Downtown Disney and last tiem I checked they still had it.

It is a VERY beautiful piece - this is the only one we plan on getting (unless he does a Matterhorn or Space Mt) and we are very, very happy with it!

I don't think Matterhorn and/ or Space Mountain are already planned, but Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean and Mark Twain are on the schedule!

Has anyone ordered Jungle Cruis? Did it arrive well by mail?

Dom262
01-02-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't think Matterhorn and/ or Space Mountain are already planned, but Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean and Mark Twain are on the schedule!

Has anyone ordered Jungle Cruis? Did it arrive well by mail?

The Jungle Cruise has been out for sometime now. We picked it up on the day of release at the park.

SoCalDude
01-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I don't think Matterhorn and/ or Space Mountain are already planned,

Well that is good news for my wallet :D

SandraVB79
01-02-2006, 11:36 PM
The Jungle Cruise has been out for sometime now. We picked it up on the day of release at the park.

I know it has been out. But since I am living on the other side of the world AND American Airlines doesn't allow me to bring 6 huge boxes with collectibles on the air plane as carry-on :rolleyes: I will have to have some of the miniatures shipped to me. Apparantly, the castle is too fragile to ship, so I'll have to take that one with me on the plane. So, I wondered if someone had the Jungle Cruise shipped, and whether it survived it or not. I also wonder about the same about the Main Street Station.
I know WDCC-figurines ship rather well... Before I try out Olszewski, I would like to read about some people's experiences .

If only I could go once every month in order to buy the statues... IF only an air plane ticket wouldn't cost me about 700 EUR...
Hmm, I should check whether I have enough Frequent flyer miles...:confused:

cstephens
01-02-2006, 11:44 PM
So, I wondered if someone had the Jungle Cruise shipped, and whether it survived it or not.

Someone on another board orders the pieces from Delivears, and he said he got his Jungle Cruise in fine condition.

And for the other Sandra, as for the castle, I don't recall having seen it sold out in some time, so if a personal visit to the park isn't possible, then Delivears seems the best bet.

(that's right, I haven't updated that Olszewski page with the info from the last release yet...)