PDA

View Full Version : ridemax?

Duchess mermaid
12-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Has anyone used this program? i'm sure most all of you have at least thought of it. I'm think it sounds wonderful, but is it really worth it? Anyone had good or bad experiences with it?
www.ridemax.com

hlbtimes2
12-30-2005, 10:03 AM
I used it for my Oct trip. We used it for 1/2 of one day. It is a great program, and it works well.

We had a few problems because of the people in our party. We had me and dh who know the park well. Our children, who are 3 and 7. The 7 year old was great, the 3 year old always needed to use the bathroom at the wrong time! And MIL and FIL, who are in their 70's and seem to need everything, even the obvious explained 4-5 times, and wander off regularly.

Our problems were of no fault of ridemax, and when I mentioned having to give it up 1/2 way through the day in a trip report I was offered a refund. I didnt take it. It really wasnt their fault, but I love that they are willing to stand behind the product. Had we not have the inlaws with us, we would have used it more. Needless to say, they wont be invited next time.

If you dont mind a little structure in your trip, you'll love it. I actually felt more at peace having structure and knowing what was coming next. It saved us that time we used to spend saying "what should we do now". The program is easy to use. You tell it when you want breaks for shows, parades, meals, naps, etc. Its very clear when you need to pick up fast pass, use the fast pass, etc. I probably wouldnt use it for every day of your trip, because it does make it difficult to stop and watch characters when you happen upon them or to catch a show you didnt know about, etc.

Use it if your goal is gettig in as many rides in a day as you can!

stan4d_steph
12-30-2005, 10:07 AM
There are many previous threads on Ridemax. Click on the search link and use the keyword "Ridemax." Generally people have a positive experience with it and find it worthwhile, especially during high-crowd times.

PrincessLeia
12-30-2005, 03:28 PM
We used RideMax for our 5-day trip over Christmas. It was awesome and well worth the $. I highly recommend it. It was great to not stand around and say...so...what's next??? I can't remember standing in a line longer than 15 minutes. The tips and hints you get as a subscriber are also great. I will use it again. Give it a try!
Have a great time!
PS - take their word for it, get to the park EARLY and stay on schedule!

Disney Vault
12-31-2005, 10:59 AM
I really hate to have a schedule on a trip so I would never use it. I don't like mapping out what I want to see and do ahead of time. How much is ridemax? Would it be about the same as booking through AAA because that is what we did and the enhanced fastpass worked so well with those huge crowds. I didn't even mind going during such a busy time and I was still free to do whatever whenever.

LCExpress
01-02-2006, 05:50 AM
I thought it was a great idea :D and used it. However, my (now ex)wife :rolleyes: didn't see the point and didn't like the inflexibility. So it works, but *everyone* in the group has to agree to follow the plan, or it may lead to frustration :( for some and resentment :mad: for others.

SCUBAbe
01-02-2006, 11:45 AM
I ahve used it ...it works great, but common sense will also get you on alot of rides. I printed out schedules for yesterday and we didn't use them at all and still got on plenty of rides with minimal wait times. Once you use ridemax a few times you kind of know what to do on your own...:)

kkmickey
01-02-2006, 12:04 PM
I used RideMax for our trip in November. Usually I just get the "Unofficial Guide" for the year and make a schedule myself, which always works quite well. This year, however, I ran out of time and thought I would try RideMax. It was very helpful.

The other thing we did differently this year was to NOT get a package through AAA, so our tickets were not enhanced fastpasses. (Search the phrase if you're unfamiliar with what that means.) I think that I would NOT do that again, because it certainly makes a difference. Next trip (in March) I have definitely ordered a DLR package through AAA.