PDA

View Full Version : Best shopping centres in resort area

DisneyBrudy
12-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi there, just curious as to the best shopping centres/malls that are near by that would cater to a 17 year old teen and her brother(me) who is 21 years old?

DisneyLynn
12-29-2005, 07:11 PM
South Coast Plaza is about 20-30 minutes away depending on traffic and it has EVERYTHING within a 2 block radius!

Nesalk
12-30-2005, 01:15 AM
The Block at Orange is a 5-10 minute drive away...great atmosphere, great shopping.

http://www.theblockatorange.com

potzbie
12-30-2005, 01:56 AM
That's fine if you have time to travel 10 minutes or 20 minutes.

But there is a whole slough of shopping centers mere blocks away, south on Harbor Boulevard.
And that is 2 minutes away, if the lights are green.

You can take a bus, I think, since Harbor is a main drag in Anaheim.

There is no need to leave the city of Anaheim if you just want main-stream shops.

potzbie
12-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Post script to my early posting.

The DISNEY CHARACTER WAREHOUSE (an outlet store for Disney-related merchandise) anchors one end of a mall ("Orangefair Marketplace") in Fullerton, corner of HARBOR BL. & ORANGETHORPE AVE.
That entire block is just commercial zoned shops and restaurants.

Again, since it is on HARBOR BL., a bus is satisfactory, for those people without cars, since the AMTRAK termininal is just north of that block, and a bus services the terminal and Disneyland Resort going up and down HARBOR BL.

stan4d_steph
12-30-2005, 06:46 AM
I agree, South Coast Plaza and The Block would be the closest two that might appeal to you. Further afield, there is Fashion Island in Newport Beach.

audibleatom
12-30-2005, 07:30 AM
south coast plaza is the best way to go

mcow1
12-30-2005, 08:06 AM
For 17 and 21 I'd go to the block. Much more oriented to younger people than South Coast.

K & S
12-30-2005, 08:31 AM
For serious shopping, find a Robinson's-May. They're closing and having some great sales.

DisneyBrudy
12-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks people, I appreciate your input, I will go check out those places, will be en anaheim area for a few day before we take off to our final destination. hope we have enough time!

mckygirl99
12-30-2005, 03:23 PM
The Block at Orange is a 5-10 minute drive away...great atmosphere, great shopping.

http://www.theblockatorange.com

During the daylight...be careful when night falls, especially if you are not used to these types of crowds. There are alot of gangs there at night and with the OC jail across the street, many inmates are released and meet their rides in that parking lot.

It has changed alot in the last 5 years. I really miss the fun times we would have there for girls night out. Just be careful!!!

Burnt Toast
12-31-2005, 01:23 PM
I used to work at the Block... I hate it and hardly ever go there unless it's during the daylight hours.

South Coast Plaza and the surrounding areas might be good... there's the Anti-Mall as well, as well as the north area of South Coast (across the street where Planet Hollywood used to be) which is all geared for the younger crowd.

sjcivilady
01-01-2006, 01:37 PM
During the daylight...be careful when night falls, especially if you are not used to these types of crowds. There are alot of gangs there at night and with the OC jail across the street, many inmates are released and meet their rides in that parking lot.
aaaagh!!! if you were my kids, you would not be going there :eek: I guess any mall can be dangerous, so take care.

Durliin
01-01-2006, 11:07 PM
there is also the Main place mall that is far closer to get to then South Coast plaza and it has some good shops

PragmaticIdealist
01-02-2006, 04:16 AM
Irvine Spectrum Center is another possibility.

SandraVB79
01-02-2006, 06:48 AM
For as far as I remember, South Coast was great, but IMO it's a Rodeo Drive with airconditioning. I mean, there were a lot of luxury brand stores (Chanel, Armani, ...) that may not really be in teh budget of younger people. (yeah, compared to them, I am old!)
(and I am a Chanel-fan, so...)