PDA

View Full Version : Rain Rain Go Away! New Years Eve.

Pages : [1] 2

Phantom2006
12-29-2005, 05:21 PM
I was watching the news and it looks like it is going to rain on New Years Eve all day/night. Would it still be worth going if it is raining? :confused:

Spaceman210
12-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Pray for rain. It's the best time to visit if you actually want to go on rides, as opposed to standing in a herd.

nursemelis374
12-29-2005, 09:06 PM
I know I am praying for rain!

blueckles
12-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Sung to the tune of "It's Raining Men"...

"I'm praying for rain. Hallelujah! I'm praying for rain!"

Yes...I AM that cheesy :)

Spaceman210
12-29-2005, 09:50 PM
A windbreaker/hooded parka; gloves for those wet metal railings; shoes/boots with non-slip soles; Kleenex/handi-wipes . . .look glamorous another day . . .lens cap . . . .OC Soccer Mums, this is acceptable excursion for the H2 or LR3, provided you remember the AAA card.

spike
12-29-2005, 10:48 PM
TRUST ME! You want rain.

Phantom2006
12-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Well i know rain is good if you want to go on rides..BUT....If Disneyland gets full there is not going to be much moving around. So i will be outside in the rain. I have gone when it was drizziling and that was ok. But i want to beable to see the umm... firework show. One time i saw Remember and the first half was ok but then tou could not see the fireworks because they were behind the clouds. And plus i just got over the Flu and i dont think i need to be out in the rain.

potzbie
12-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Rain?
Here is what you will miss when/if it rains at DL.

Main Street:

No Dapper Dans.
No Firehouse Five
No Main Street Mercantile Orchestra
No princesses photo ops.

Frontierland:

No Laughing Stock Company.
No Woody & Jessie photo ops.
No Farley The Fiddler.

New Orleans Square:

No River Rascals.
No Royal Street Bachelors.
No Bayou Brass Band.

Tomorrowland:

No Push The Talking Trash Receptacle.
No rock bands (or daytime DJs) at Club Buzz Stage.

averagedork
12-30-2005, 05:57 AM
I am so irked by this! This NYE I wanted to dress all cute and hang out at DCA (yes I am one of the few who plans DCA only trip.) and then the rain! I have a hotel room and everything! And because of that fire the Grand Californian Lobby will be shut so we can't all hang out there. And I've been saving for it! Argh!

nursemelis374
12-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Dressing that cute is tough because it is pretty cold. I am hoping that it rains in the day and afternoon and scares away people from coming at night.

Potzbie - This may seem selfish, but I don't care about those other things, I can see them anytime.

blewellen
12-30-2005, 08:55 AM
I too don't want it to rain. I rarely ride rides anymore, so the short lines aren't important to me. Lately, I have been going to watch Push, Laughing Stock and the Bands at night. I was looking forward to ringing in the New Year with Sandbox this year. I guess, since it is going to be raining.. I will go to enjoy the rides and such. I will see Push and Laughing Stock hopefully on Sunday, if the rain lets up! I will make the best of it.. Because New Years at Disneyland is so much fun, no matter what kind of weather! This it the 3rd year in a row I have done it. :)

Will there be fireworks though?

mypupmickey
12-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Do they also cancel the parades if it rains?

disneyperson
12-30-2005, 09:15 AM
The parade will probably be cancelled if it rains. I don't know about the fireworks but it seems logical those would be cancelled too.
I love DL in the rain. Just watch out on the Bobsleds. The water pools in the bottom of the sled and can slosh into your shoes when you go around the turns.
Bring an extra pair of dry socks.

cstephens
12-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Rain doesn't mean there will be light crowds. It means it might not be jampacked, but you'll instead be there with a whole lot of wet people, trying not to be poked in the eye by someone else's umbrella.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
12-30-2005, 10:30 AM
It rained a couple of years ago on New Years Eve (might have been last year for all I remember) we had a ball! Wasn't jam packed.

FWIW.

-TLMt

hbquikcomjamesl
12-30-2005, 10:36 AM
I know that in Florida, they don't cancel fireworks for rain. In 2002, I saw Fantasy in the Sky during a thunderstorm, from the comfort of a window table in Cinderella's. Remarkable combination: Disney's fireworks and God's fireworks.

I would welcome rain on a trip to DCA. Just not in the middle of winter. A rainy, but not particularly cold, day would be the ideal weather to finally ride GRR, because I'd be wearing my rain-parka and my sou'wester. It's been many years since the one time I rode Splash Mountain on a non-rainy day.

snappy
12-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Rain,rain,rain...Please rain on 2006! Rain and lots of it would probably be the only element that would cut the number of people visiting the parks! Just like Florida put on a poncho and keep warm! It's a blast!

ChipmunkStar
12-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Actually, potzbie, almost all the characters stay out in the rain, htey simply head for more sheltered areas. So for instance, the princesses, rather than going to the castle, bay head to either the Lincoln Theater exit, or to the Plaza Inn Patio area. Woody and Jessie may head for the inside of the Golden Horsdhoe, or stay undercover outside. THe Pooh Crew might head for a more sheltered area as well, such as the Pooh Corner patio or the lower level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant.

The characters are still out, you just might have to do some actual searching for them.

Doug
12-31-2005, 02:56 PM
So, is anywhere there that can comment on the crowds? I was going to go earlier today, but it has been pretty wet... wondering how it is in mouse central... anyone?

pisces
12-31-2005, 03:04 PM
They've got all this special entertainment, but I don't see how they are going to go on with it.

The Plaza Gardens is flooded. Poor Stompy Jones. They don't have enough cast members to sweep away the deep puddles that just keep building.

We are stepping over huge puddles just to get on the Riverboat. This is becoming a really hard rain with heavy wind. They've got 3 Fantasmic shows scheduled, but I don't see how they can go through with them now, or the Zydeccoo on the Rivers of America. Sigh.

What gets me boiling is the amount of rides shut down due to "technical difficulties". ??????

The lines to City Hall are backed up all the way to the other side, and you just know what people are complaining about.

Wall-to-wall people, all soggy and dripping wet.

Happy New Year. :(

disneyperson
12-31-2005, 03:33 PM
I, for one, can't imagine what these people might be complaining about. Did they fail to notice the rain when they went outside this morning? Bad weather happens, events get cancelled or altered. Technical problems occur. Even Walt Disney himself couldn't control the weather.

Whatever the poor CMs at City Hall get paid, it's not enough.

pisces
12-31-2005, 03:45 PM
True. Yeah, yer right. In the final analysis, I have nothing to complain about. Life is good for me. I've got my balcony, my theme park view----(partial theme park view), my chip & dale chocolates, a free comped night, two more nights to go....

.......I shouldn't be sayin nothin, and just shut me ma mouth when life is this good!

It's just sad for the people that commuted in and don't have a room. And, they can't lounge and dry off near the Grand Californian fireplace either, since that's closed off.

The rain has lessened a bit....it's now 4:45 pm. But, the sky looks fierce, like it could start up any minute. Now, it's really the winds that have kicked up.

Still, above all else. I'm really excited. IT'S NEW YEARS EVE AND i'VE GOT A ROOM AT THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH !!!!

Let the party begin ! Whether I get wet or not !!!!

:fez:

nursemelis374
12-31-2005, 03:48 PM
I just can't feel sorry for people that are visiting when it is raining. I mean if it was a freak storm in the middle of July, I could understand, but rain at the end of December is common. It rained last NYE and it has before, its all about preparation and planning.

Doug
12-31-2005, 03:57 PM
pisces, are you posting from your room? Do all the DLR rooms have internet access?

So, which rides are shut down?

Is the weather any better?

Did the park close at all for high attendance?

nursemelis374
12-31-2005, 04:36 PM
I just called and she said that DL is open as of right now and they have not stopped selling tickets to DCA all day!

Woohoo, we are off!