PDA

View Full Version : AP rates on Disney hotels

davnat
12-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know when Disney will post special AP rates on hotels for March? We are planning a trip for the 13th-17th of March and are hoping maybe we would be able to get a special rate at a disney property since we have never stayed on site.

davnat
12-30-2005, 07:09 AM
Come on! I know someone out ther has some info.

DangerMouse
12-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Come on! I know someone out ther has some info.

Unfortunately, probably no one does. I am still waiting for February AP rates. I have only heard of some January dates being realeased so far. Best thing to do is make a reservation (one at the DL resort of your choice and perhaps a more affordable one off-property) and then wait for AP prices to be released. That way you are covered if they don't release any.

Good luck.

davnat
12-30-2005, 07:29 AM
If I make a reservation at a disney property don't I have to pay in full up front? We already reserved at an off site hotel, but I was hoping we might luck out. Where did you here about the January dates, I was on Disneyland.com and I did not see anything. Sorry for all of the questions, we are new passholders and have never done this before. TIA!

DangerMouse
12-30-2005, 08:34 AM
No, you don't have to pay up front. You have 48 hours prior to arrival date to cancel before you are charged anything. So, you could probably find at least a cheaper Expedia rate 7-10 days before your trip and grab that if no AP rates are available.

I read about January AP rates at mousesavers.com. She also lists current Expedia last minute deals. Mousesavers normally lists AP rates as soon as they are released.

Wendi
12-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Check your AP newsletters for "AP Nights" dates, also check the website as it sometimes lists them as well. You can also just call the hotel for reservations and ask if they have "AP Nights" rates available for the dates you want.

got2travel
12-31-2005, 08:18 AM
I just got off the phone. I saw the Expedia rates at DLH for $129 per night and took a chance that maybe there were AP Rates as well. Woo Hoo! The CM told me that many nights in January are $109 Fri/Sat and $89 Sun-Thurs. This is the DLH. Not sure if PP is any less or not.

I was able to book these rates for Martin Luther King weekend, Jan 13-16.

r-we-there-yet
12-31-2005, 11:05 AM
Does anybody know what the AP rates were like between Dec. 10-17 of this year?

DangerMouse
12-31-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't believe any AP rates were offered in the month of December this year. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure. . .

wwithers
12-31-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't believe any AP rates were offered in the month of December this year. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure. . .

I don't think there were since they had the 4 for 3 deal for a lot of the month.

MickeyMommy
12-31-2005, 02:56 PM
There were no AP rates for December, and only a few dates offered in November, due to high occupancy at all the hotels. I called the other day to check for February AP rates, but they had not been released yet. But Diane, the very nice and helpful CM at central reservations asked me if I had a Disney Visa, since she had a special promotion going on. I was able to get Presidents Day weekend at the DLH for $139 fri/sat, and $109 for sunday using the Disney Visa discount.

I would keep on checking for AP rates by calling 714-956-MICKEY. If the Feb rates still aren't out, ask if there are ANY promotions going on. Last Easter break I got a great rate at DLH by using L.A. paper promotion that the CM knew about. Even though I don't live in L.A. that rate was open to everyone. Some CM's are better at "digging up" good rates than others, so keep trying.

DisneyLynn
12-31-2005, 05:11 PM
I just called this afternoon and got $89 at DLH for Jan. 8 (Sunday night), it was the same price for PP and $179 for GC.

r-we-there-yet
12-31-2005, 05:45 PM
We usually go between Dec. 10-17, so I was wondering if they do offer AP in Dec. if it is not a special occasion (50th for example). I just bought the AP, so I am trying to learn the ropes.

Do you have to call right before you leave to learn about the AP rates, or is this something you can do months in advance? I have to say that $89 a night seems like a steal.

MickeyMommy
12-31-2005, 06:07 PM
December rarely has AP dates. And the summer months are pretty lean also. But the rest of the year usually has them, but it varies when they are announced. They released the January AP rates in November, but they still have not announced any for February. There is a chance there will be no AP rates for feb, you never know. I just keep checking these boards, and keep calling to check from time to time. Finding a great rate is almost half the fun!

ehbowen
01-01-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm planning a trip for 11 in May (24-28). We will be in the parks 4 days. Currently we're booked at the Howard Johnson but we would love to upgrade to either the DLH or GCH. Does anyone think that it would be worthwhile for one person (me) to buy an AP (plus a blockout day ticket for Saturday)? Chances of a return visit this year are very slim.

BTW, I also recently joined AAA. Between AP and AAA, which is more likely to provide the better deal? Thanks.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-01-2006, 06:57 PM
December rarely has AP dates. And the summer months are pretty lean also. But the rest of the year usually has them, but it varies when they are announced. They released the January AP rates in November, but they still have not announced any for February. There is a chance there will be no AP rates for feb, you never know. I just keep checking these boards, and keep calling to check from time to time. Finding a great rate is almost half the fun!

In the past early December has always had AP rates, this is the first year they weren't offerred. However, that being said, the rates are usually only through the first two weeks of the month.

shawnarae
01-02-2006, 06:29 AM
I got an AP rate for our Jan 20-22 trip to Grand Californian Hotel. $199 a night!

sierranevada
01-02-2006, 08:47 AM
We usually go between Dec. 10-17, so I was wondering if they do offer AP in Dec. if it is not a special occasion (50th for example). I just bought the AP, so I am trying to learn the ropes.

Do you have to call right before you leave to learn about the AP rates, or is this something you can do months in advance? I have to say that $89 a night seems like a steal.

That is usually when we go also. In 2004, we got AP rate of $189 for the GCH - I think DLH was around $129. I had booked the hotel months prior and then when the AP rates came out, called and switched the reservation. This year (2005), there were not AP rates for that time but I did get the "stay 3 nights, get 4th night free". Usually AP rates come out about a month in advance - you just need to keep checking.

Gone2Disneyland
01-06-2006, 07:04 AM
I've never booked a room in any of the Disneyland hotels, but I'm thinking I may take the plunge and splurge on my parents coming to town. Can I expect to find AP rates for the month of September, or is that month a lost cause (I thought I'd read that was a busy convention month in Anaheim)? If not, about what time of year would AP rates be listed for September. Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

katiesue
01-06-2006, 01:08 PM
I just got a $99 rate at the Disneyland Hotel for Jan 20-22. Woo Hoo. We were at the HoJo's at the same rate.

vegasmommytoDL
01-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Best thing to do is make a reservation (one at the DL resort of your choice and perhaps a more affordable one off-property) and then wait for AP prices to be released. That way you are covered if they don't release any.

Question.

We are looking at March 3-6. So if I reserve those nights at the Disneyland hotel and then they release the AP rates and they happen to include those dates can I call and have them switch my rate or do I have to cancel the reservation and start over again? Thanks!

yellowrosedtxn
01-23-2006, 04:48 AM
From my understanding they will switch over to the AP rate as long as you call them 48 hours before you actually get to the hotel. I could be wrong. Just make sure you call them to have the rates changed or you are stuck with what you booked.

stan4d_steph
01-23-2006, 06:54 AM
From my understanding they will switch over to the AP rate as long as you call them 48 hours before you actually get to the hotel. I could be wrong. Just make sure you call them to have the rates changed or you are stuck with what you booked.They will switch the rate if there are still rooms available at that rate, otherwise you're out of luck. Call as soon as you know that the AP rates are available.

DangerMouse
01-23-2006, 07:10 AM
Has anyone heard of any February AP rates being released yet?