PDA

View Full Version : Chance of an early or soft Haunted Mansion opening?

Pat-n-Eil
12-29-2005, 11:02 AM
According to riderefurbs.com the Haunted Mansion will be closed January 18th, 2006 and reopening on March 5th, 2006.

It also shows Pirates of the Caribbean going down on March 6th and reopenint on June 22nd.

My friend and I a going to DLR March 1st through March 4th. We both decided that Pirates was more important to us than Haunted Mansion.. but here's my question to those in the know..

Is there a chance there might be a Haunted Mansion soft opening or maybe just opening a day or two early?

stan4d_steph
12-29-2005, 11:19 AM
It's possible it could open early, but I think they've probably got the turnaround from HMH down by now. They don't need to have a soft opening.

mcow1
12-30-2005, 05:24 AM
It's not just a turnaround this time though, they're doing a refurb this time too.

Shinku
12-31-2005, 06:21 PM
I think Steph's point still stands. Soft openings are usually to train CM's how to operate the vehicles and get everyone familiar with the ride before it officially opens, but I would think most of the CM's would already be able to operate such a long-standing attraction.

Stranger things have happened, though. Be sure to check the wait times board when you get there and ask the CM if there's any word of a soft opening.