PDA

View Full Version : The Smallest Stupidest thing People Can Complain about

HorizonsA
12-29-2005, 09:32 AM
OK, so I finally got to the Studio Store sign at Disney's California Adventure. I wanted to see why this sign is "the most disappointing element" of the new area. All I can say is, "Wow." People really do complain about the smallest stupidest things here. You're getting all bent out of shape over a simple sign. Out of all the things in the Disneyland Resort to complain about, that is the one thing that everyone automatically hates.

If there was anything to complain about it would be the abandoned PeopleMover track, or how Pirates of the Caribbean is about to lose it's originality with addition of a movie tie-in. But no, it's that small, simple sign that people just hate, or how people on another site say, "it makes me want to vomit." Geez, people, grow up, it's a freakin' sign!

Vegitabeta
12-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Lol, I'm with you on that, but do you have a pic of the sign in question?

stan4d_steph
12-29-2005, 09:57 AM
I think it's unfortunate that they took the creatively designed store sign and decor from the previous Muppet-themed store and made it into a featureless box.

There is a photo in the MousePlanet DLR Update from this week here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl051227xx).

cstephens
12-29-2005, 10:10 AM
I like the new red sign with yellow writing (I think that's it) change in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

disneyhound
12-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I hate the way DL folds it's paper napkins, into four pieces. I mean really! I prefer the napkins that are folded in half, and then into thirds... ;)

SandraVB79
12-29-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm laughing so hard, I can almost not breathe anymore!

Wesley815
12-29-2005, 07:13 PM
The Smallest Stupidest thing People Can Complain aboutThat Disneyland is busy.

I guess they'd like the park open for just their family and no one else. :rolleyes:

DisneyDustin22
12-29-2005, 07:58 PM
:mad: You know what really grinds my gears, Oprah.

Vegitabeta
12-30-2005, 04:41 AM
Ok, after seeing the sign...I have to say...it is just a sign:)

Alex S.
01-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Since I wrote the sentence that included calling it "the most disappointing element" I'd like to say that it isn't really a complaint.

If I were drawing up a list of complaints about DCA, that sign would not make the top 50. However, when I'm specifically talking about the thematic redesign of that area of the park, I think it is one of the few obvious missteps. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but a big deal in the micro scheme of this one thing.

I don't have a problem with the new color scheme or signage conventions, but I just think that for such a visually obstructive element of that area (it is smack dab in the middle of things) it would be preferable (though again, not that big of a deal) that it not look like a mini-Costco.

ToursbabeC3po
01-02-2006, 05:30 PM
:mad: You know what really grinds my gears, Oprah.
Dr Phil and Oprah they think they are Gods.

Disney Village
01-02-2006, 08:46 PM
If I were drawing up a list of complaints about DCA, that sign would not make the top 50. However, when I'm specifically talking about the thematic redesign of that area of the park, I think it is one of the few obvious missteps. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but a big deal in the micro scheme of this one thing.

Very well put! I wouldn't complain about it either, but if you're going to re-theme an area, attention to detail is very important (IMO).

As the saying goes..."In a for Penny, in for a Pound."