PDA

View Full Version : Buying 7-day park hoppers, or any park hopper when you are a hotel guest:

pisces
12-29-2005, 09:28 AM
I got a great deal on a 7-day park hopper just now. I'm staying at the Grand Californian, and I've bought my park tickets right there at the front desk, and I'm thrilled !!!

At first I bought a 4-day park hopper at the GC front desk, as a guest, for $164.00....which I thought was a good rate. I think it's the super saver rate, but it's decent, considering I was checking in, and didn't want to run around looking for a better deal.

Now, today, I've decided to extend my visit and uprade by adding on 3 days.....for only $25.00 more!!!!

In short, I've gotten a 7-day park hopper, at the GC front desk, as one of their guests, for only $189.00 !!!! I don't have a package. I've done everything separately.

$189.00 for a 7-day park hopper, as a resort guest of the GCH, purchased right at the front desk.

That's a great deal, I feel !!!!!

Darkbeer
12-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Don't forget, for $40, you can upgrade to a Deluxe AP at the end of your stay (since there are currently blockout dates).

potcfan
12-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Do the resort hotels sell AP's or just park hoppers?

Osky
12-29-2005, 12:16 PM
They will sell you an AP voucher, but you will have to go to AP processing in disneyland to get the permanent card.

princess fiona
12-29-2005, 09:36 PM
can u only upgrade to an AP on the last day of your stay or park hopper or do they give you a grace period?

Osky
12-29-2005, 10:48 PM
can u only upgrade to an AP on the last day of your stay or park hopper or do they give you a grace period?

You have to upgrade on or before the last day your particular ticket is valid. Once you have passed the last day and the ticket is no longer valid, you can no longer upgrade it.

Disneymommy
01-07-2006, 05:28 PM
If you plan on upgrading to an annual pass, and as long as none of the days during your trip are blocked out, you might want to pay the difference and upgrade on your first day. This way you can take advantage of the discounts that you can get on food during your stay. If any of this is wrong advice, someone please let me know.

hlbtimes2
01-07-2006, 05:48 PM
You would want to be sure you have used your EE or are staying on site before upgrading.

Gilliegrl
01-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Thanks for postig about the AP upgrade I never knew about that....we just went in august and are going back in april...I need to do the upgrade.

Wanted to add that I booked to do the package at the hotel and they are offering buy one get one free for the park tickets and then they are giving you a $150.00 gift card good at any hotel, restaurant in park, or shop or world of disney.

Minnie66
01-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks for postig about the AP upgrade I never knew about that....we just went in august and are going back in april...I need to do the upgrade.

Wanted to add that I booked to do the package at the hotel and they are offering buy one get one free for the park tickets and then they are giving you a $150.00 gift card good at any hotel, restaurant in park, or shop or world of disney.
Do you know how long that promotion is good for? We are planning a late May early June trip and with 14 of us, buy one get on free would be big!

hlbtimes2
01-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Do you know how long that promotion is good for? We are planning a late May early June trip and with 14 of us, buy one get on free would be big!

The special goes until April 27. Its not as simple as buy one get one. Its a free childs park hopper with the purchase of an adults. You can get the special by booking thru Disney travel, AAA, Alaska airlines or by buying tickets from getawaytoday.com. As far as I know, getawaytoday is the only way to get just the tickets. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. If you have a lot of adults in the party, and not a lot of kids, there is also a "everyone pays the kids price" special.

cfrith
01-09-2006, 06:33 AM
Does anyone know for the offer that ends on April 27- if we were to order the 5 day and start using it on say the 24th, would they still be good for 14 days from the first day used? Or would the 27th be the last day? I've thought about calling to ask but I've heard it's hard to get through. thanks

JookyG
01-09-2006, 11:23 AM
You would want to be sure you have used your EE or are staying on site before upgrading.

I take this to mean you don't get EE with a Deluxe AP. What about Premium APs? Do resort hotel guests get EE if they're using APs?

hlbtimes2
01-09-2006, 11:40 AM
AP's do not have EE. If you are staying at one of the three Disney hotels, you should be able to get EE each day that it is offered. However, that is a special trial program they are running and it could end at anytime.

hlbtimes2
01-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know for the offer that ends on April 27- if we were to order the 5 day and start using it on say the 24th, would they still be good for 14 days from the first day used? Or would the 27th be the last day? I've thought about calling to ask but I've heard it's hard to get through. thanks

The fine print on the website states you have to book by 4/24, begin travel by 4/27 and the ticket is good until May 10 (or until you've used your days or 13 days have passed, which ever comes first).