PDA

View Full Version : Which Day Should We Go? The 1st or

pchoaapb
12-28-2005, 09:48 PM
2nd of January? We were one of those many people turned away today due to crowds and my kids were just heart broken. I tried to prep them on the way that this might happen. The sad part was that my brother and his family were already in the park and waiting for us and we couldnt get in......sad day around here!
Anyway, I have promised them we will go sometime before the decorations are down and thought I would have another week but from what I have read here it looks like they will be down on the 3rd. So, that being said, I do not want to go on New Years Eve so what about Sunday (New Years Day) or Monday? Which one do you think would be better as far as crowds go?
Thanks for your advice and sorry for the long post. :rolleyes:

jennia
12-28-2005, 10:45 PM
My plan is to go Tuesday January 3. That's just my best guess of when the crowds might be reasonable. I think we'll also p[lan on being there VERY early in the AM.... just in case!! :D

stan4d_steph
12-29-2005, 05:45 AM
I think that a lot of people have Monday Jan. 2 off, because the first falls on Sunday. That means that crowds are still likely to be present on Monday.

hlbtimes2
12-29-2005, 06:22 AM
I think that a lot of people have Monday Jan. 2 off, because the first falls on Sunday. That means that crowds are still likely to be present on Monday.

That is what I was going to say as well. You might try being there first thing in the morning on the 1st. Try to get in ahead of the people that are sleeping off the late night on NYE. If you got there at opening you would probably have a good 3-4 hours before the place is packed.

rojen97128
12-29-2005, 09:33 AM
My mother and I will be there the 5th through the 8th. Anyone have any ideas on how busy it will be then?

K & S
12-29-2005, 10:16 AM

January 2nd may be the best bet. Thousands of people come to town for the Rose Parade, but this year the parade is on the 2nd. Many of those people may decide to go to DL while they're in town on Sunday.

mypupmickey
12-29-2005, 11:37 AM
I hear it's supposed to rain Sat. (31st) and Monday, be "mostly clear" Friday and Sunday. So if you can handle the rain, Sat. & Mon. might be better.