PDA

View Full Version : When does the So Cal pricing usually kick in?

jennia
12-28-2005, 06:09 PM
I've got an online buddy who wants to get ticks as cheap as she can for the park. I told her she might consider the one park ticket since the family has never been to Disneyland. I'm wondering if she waited a week or two if the So Cal resident specials would kick in and how much the January discount usually is. (Is it the adult for kid's price or kid's get in free or??? I can't remember it has been too long since I bought regular Disneyland tickets!!)

TP2000
12-28-2005, 06:51 PM
With the way the crowds have been all Autumn and Christmas, and the repeated main entrance closures and suspension of ticket sales the past few weeks, I would really be surprised if they do the SoCal offer this winter.

Maybe they'll just offer it for DCA? But I've heard they have purposefully gotten away from DCA-only ticket discounts because now people think of it as the "cheap park" instead of the premium entertainment experience Disney likes to think of itself as.

There hasn't been a peep about SoCal ticket offers this winter, but you never know. I would just be surprised if they do them this year.

Maybe your friend could try Knott's Berry Farm? They've been offering 24 dollar tickets and big supermarket discounts from Ralphs and Vons all year long, and yet their '05 attendance still declined by 3.5%. Knott's Berry Farm will certainly continue their big discounts through this winter.

hlbtimes2
12-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Are they coming from out of the area? Would they be able to do the kids play free with adult ticket purchase? It's going on from Jan - until almost the end of April. Not sure if you have to book a hotel to get the special. I think a 3 day park hopper is $169, then one child free. So, about $85 each ( if you have an even number of kids and adults) for a 3 day hopper. That is pretty cheap, less then $30 a day.

I think I read some where that you can get that deal through getawaytoday with out the hotel stay. Proabably worth looking into.

jennia
12-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I get the feeling that they are So Cal. The woman I know (who is purchasing the tickets) is here in the High Desert but they are buying tickets for a less fortunate family- however, I'm assuming that they *are* local also.

Darkbeer
12-28-2005, 10:53 PM
A new SoCal discount is coming out on January 4th, that will last thru the end of April.

The Mouse Is Back
12-28-2005, 11:43 PM
At least I know now that we won't be renewing our APs any time soon.

We'll see what happens after the 50th debacle is finally in its grave.

-Allegra-