PDA

View Full Version : How busy are the parks at the end of August

stargatesg1
12-28-2005, 02:39 PM
:) We are thinking of coming to Disneyland at the end of August 2006 from the UK. Our previous 3 visits there have all been at the end of October when generally the parks have been quieter. Can anyone advise what the queues are like at the end of August ( about the 27th onwards). I know it will be busier than Oct, but would like to know is it too bad? Thanks

hlbtimes2
12-28-2005, 02:48 PM
In a word (or two)-VERY BUSY. That is the end of our summer season. People are trying to get in one more little trip before the kids head back to school. July and August are both very busy. The upside is, most rides will be up and running and the park hours will be longer then they are in Oct. But, Oct. will be busy this coming year as well. The 50th celebration will be ending the end of Oct. / begining of Nov. so people will be trying to get a trip before it all ends.

There really isnt a slow time to go during this 50th celebration!

DisneyLynn
12-28-2005, 02:56 PM
I've found the very last week in Aug. not too bad at all on weekdays. The US celebrates Labor Day the first weekend in Sept, so the Thurs. before Labor Day through Monday is pretty crowded.

disneyperson
12-28-2005, 03:03 PM
May I suggest the last Sunday in August? I happen to know that a very fun and interesting crowd will be there.:D
Yes,it will be crowded, but that is quickly becoming a relative term. After visting last summer and again last week, there isn't much left in the way of crowds that would faze me.:geek:

stargatesg1
12-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Thankss for info, on a further note, can anyone recommend a good hotel near DL that offers 3 beds in a room. We have stopped at Fairfield in past in a 2 queen bed room, but with 2 teenagers, a 3 queen bed room would be better.:)

DisneyLynn
12-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I know that the Hampton Inn on Harbor Blvd. offers 2 Queens and a pull-out sofa. In order to get 3 actual beds, you'd have to get 2 rooms most places. Others to look into are Embassy Suites, Marriott Suites or Residence Inn.

ferliemom
12-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Just another thought... As visitors from the UK, keep it mind that it will be (in all probability) BLOODY HOT in August! Well over 100 is quite possible!!!
We don't want you to melt or anything! :p

DangerMouse
12-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Many schools now start in late August, so I have found that late August trips are not as busy as they used to be. Also, I went last Labor Day and was quite surprised at the lack of crowds. We had worse crowds the end of April (long after Easter break and right before the 50th started).

As far as a hotel with three queens, I think you will need either a suite or two adjoining rooms at most places.

adriennek
12-29-2005, 08:58 AM
I don't have a lot of help for the hotel but I do think that the end of August is one of the slower periods for the summer. As Danger Mouse mentioned, many schools go back in mid to late August so the last week of August really is slower than July.

I have to second ferliemom's advice- August and September tend to be the warmest months around here. Bring lots of sunscreen and plan to drink lots of water!

Adrienne