PDA

View Full Version : DENIED entrance!

justagrrl
03-26-2002, 06:51 AM
So sad but it's true... I am an example of a stupid guest (well almost a guest.)

I didn't check the block out days before we left because...well...I dunno why... went to park only to be denied! Ack! and told that we are blocked out.

And now it's sooooo very sad we can't go for 2 whole weeks. Oh the agony. What did we do before we go the AP's?

And we were just noticing the extened hours for the parks too... will they keep the longer hours even after spring break?

Ghoulish Delight
03-26-2002, 07:03 AM
No, the hours go back to the usual early closing the week after next. They go to full summer operation some time in early to mid May, if memory serves.

MonorailMan
03-26-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
So sad but it's true... I am an example of a stupid guest (well almost a guest.)

I didn't check the block out days before we left because...well...I dunno why... went to park only to be denied! Ack! and told that we are blocked out.

And now it's sooooo very sad we can't go for 2 whole weeks. Oh the agony. What did we do before we go the AP's?

And we were just noticing the extened hours for the parks too... will they keep the longer hours even after spring break?

You could have always paid $20 for a "Blockout Day" ticket. :)

justagrrl
03-26-2002, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the info on the hours. I was just checking them on the disney site. WHY WHY WHY do they do me like that.

My dh would LOVE to go to DCA after work during the week - but there is just no way when he gets off at 5pm and gets home around 5:30. We were so excited to see the new hours yesterday - making plans to go after work only to be denied again!

so very very sad.

And yeah -we could have paid extra to get in yesterday - but it would have been 80.00 because we are a family of 4. 20.00 I could have done -but 80 was a bit more then I was interested in.

Dave Z
03-26-2002, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

You could have always paid $20 for a "Blockout Day" ticket. :)

I'm pretty sure it's $25 now for blockout days.

DZ

tabacco
03-26-2002, 08:43 AM
Just remember... if there's even the remotest chance you'll go on 2+ blockout days, just upgrade. If you're gonna pay the $50 anyway... :)

socabch
03-27-2002, 07:44 AM
justagrrl

What are you going to do for the summer?:eek: It's completely blocked out for So Cal AP's. If you can swing it you may want to upgrade to at least a Deluxe. I know it hits you hard for four people but the fifty bucks each will be the same as two black out days cost. Also I think, (but I'm not Positive) you can have the $25.00 price for a blackout once a year only. I couldn't imagine going all summer without a trip to DLR. Especially if I lived as close as you do.:)

Lani
03-27-2002, 10:28 AM
I guess it's a case of "ya get whatcha pay for." I definitely agree that if you think you'll be going on blockout days, just upgrade yourselves.

As for being denied admission, I hope they didn't rough you up too much! ;) My understanding is that the gate folks are trained to be extremely firm because they have to deal regularly with people who try to cheat the system on purpose. :eek:

MonorailMan
03-27-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by lani
I guess it's a case of "ya get whatcha pay for." I definitely agree that if you think you'll be going on blockout days, just upgrade yourselves.

As for being denied admission, I hope they didn't rough you up too much! ;) My understanding is that the gate folks are trained to be extremely firm because they have to deal regularly with people who try to cheat the system on purpose. :eek:

Hence the reason why we have a Blockout day calendar:

On the Frige
In the car
In my room
In my mom's room
On the computer
On my PDA
And In my Wallet.

Can never have to many. :)

Ace
03-27-2002, 11:55 AM
I still do not get why someone would NOT have a deluxe passport.... it's loco.

Free Parking
No Blackout Days
Discounts

it's only $100 more and you get all the above... it's a no-brainer.

Ghoulish Delight
03-27-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Squinky

Free Parking
No Blackout Days
Discounts

it's only $100 more and you get all the above... it's a no-brainer.
(I think you mean premium, not deluxe)

Ah, but if you have two people, it's $200 more. Even if you buy a parking pass for one, it's still $165. And if you are only planning to go a few times a year, you will not buy nearly enough food and souveniers to make it up in discounts. As for blockout dates, some people don't particularly want to show up during hot and crowded summer dates anyway, so they don't care if those dates are blocked out. I can definitely see the logic for those people. It would just not be worth it to bay double the price for them.

lisap
03-27-2002, 12:19 PM

Hmmm...let's see...for our family that would be eight hundred dollars compared to the four hundred we pay now. We debate every year whether or not we can even justify renewing at all--as much as we love going, sometimes other things are higher on our family's priority list.

We try to stay thankful for when we CAN go to the Park--some families can only go once a year, if that.

mad4mky
03-27-2002, 12:31 PM

... it's a no-brainer.

Um...family of 5?! Too much money...plus, we don't live close enough to go that often. We go maybe two or three times a year...(we have a deluxe...I assume you mean premium as said earlier). Why would I pay for days I wouldn't be going? I would not go to Disneyland in mid-August for anything...:(

Morrigoon
03-30-2002, 08:03 PM
I've heard of some families where they get the kids the cheap passes, and themselves the premiums (because only the grownups need parking). It also allows for a little "mommy and daddy" park time, if ya catch my drift ;)

HondaBoy
03-30-2002, 11:32 PM
Now I understand why you guys love to head down to DCA during Friday nights for a drink at the bar, the view is absolutley beautiful. DCA is actually a great park that serves it's purpose of showing tourists the beauty of California with rides to go along with it. Sure they could head down to the sights themselves but why not just spend a day at the themepark :)

EandCDad
03-31-2002, 06:25 AM
The no-brainer for me is not paying $400 for days where there is not a snowballs chance in heck that I'm going to go anyway. Sure Saturdays in the summer sound fantastic. There are only 850,000 people and its only 114 degrees and everyone is ensconsed in that old Disney magic. Hey, I've heard sometimes on those days you can ride two whole rides in the space of 4 to 6 hours. Yowza!

We have "mommy and daddy" time at the park with our So. Cal. passports every once in a while. We say "hey, you lucky girls get to sleep at Nana's tonight."

"Where are you going?" they reply.

"Out, we'll see you tomorrow."

socabch
03-31-2002, 08:21 AM
).
I've heard of some families where they get the kids the cheap passes, and themselves the premiums (because only the grownups need parking)

That's our case. I upgraded to Premium because I drive and do the shopping. My kids have Deluxes. They are blocked off most Holiday weekends and Saturdays in the summer. So we can still go this summer, just not on Saturdays or 4th of July. It cost us less than $500 for our passes (3 people) If we go at least 4 times a year then we have made out, plus I get discounts and free parking. We end up going more in the summer because my kids are out school. I cashed out some extra vacation hours to pay for mine or else I would have gotten So Cal AP's.
It cost a family of 4 almost $200 to get into one park for a day. Amazing, we used to get 5 day flex passes for a family of 4 at about $200 around 4 years ago (at my place of work we got discounted flex passes

tabacco
03-31-2002, 01:42 PM
Actually, most common for me is that the parents buy Deluxes all around and then buy the kid a premium, so a babysitter, grandparent, etc. can take them anytime and get free parking.