PDA

View Full Version : Help! We need to change our trip dates

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Just read on riderefurbs.com that POTC will go down on March 6th. This is my 4yos absolute favorite ride in DLR, and since this trip it is just he and I, I cannot plan the trip while POTC is down for refurb. So, I have 2 options to move the trip to:
Feb. 22-25
or
March 1-4
I am leaning more towards Feb., as I am thinking it will be less crowded. Although I am not sure how many schools have spring break that early in March. My son, we live in Washington state during the school year, does not have his spring break until the first week in April.

TIA for your suggestions. I need to decide this week, so I can contact Willie and change my room reservations at Hojos.

junglemom
12-28-2005, 02:21 PM
All of the Tucson schools are out for Rodeo break the 22-25 of Feb. We were coming every year at that time, and finally said no more, it's so busy. Last year someone told me that Oregon and Washington are also out that week for mid winter break and that's why it's been so busy. I am not sure about the other date. Last year they kept the park open later and when I asked a CM why he said they expected 1/3 of the crowds they got. It was the same the year before, so we'll just pull our kids out for a couple days and come in January. Hope this helps...

DangerMouse
12-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Lori, there is also a very large cheerleader convention during your February dates. The convention ends Feb. 26 (that's when I'm planning on going next 2/26-2/28). I would think the March 1-4 dates would be less crowded. JMO.

hlbtimes2
12-28-2005, 02:32 PM
I would go with the March dates. The Feb. week is Presidents week, and a lot of schools have it off for a mid winter break. We are in WA and I know our school is out that whole week.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Ok, that solves it, I am going to move it to March. I travel standby and if it is a holiday, I can almost forget about getting on flights. March 1-4, it is! THANKS! Now I need to change my sig.

disneycanuk
12-28-2005, 11:21 PM
curious you guys are saying feb is pretty busy, I'm planning to be there from feb 3 to the 13 (trying to add some stuff to the list) but how busy should it be then, thought this was more of a off season down there.

DangerMouse
12-29-2005, 06:49 AM
curious you guys are saying feb is pretty busy, I'm planning to be there from feb 3 to the 13 (trying to add some stuff to the list) but how busy should it be then, thought this was more of a off season down there.

That first week of Feb shouldn't be as bad as the week we are talking about. There are no school holidays during the time you are planning, and if you go mid-week I am sure you will be fine with crowds. Just remember that the term "off-season" has not been applying during the 50th Celebration.