PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report-Another still here (12/22-29/05)

Pages : [1] 2

Donald Duck Fan68
12-28-2005, 04:52 AM
Well, our last full day is today, and we leave tomorrow afternoon :crying: so I thought I would get a jump on the trip report. Here's day 1, which was essentially a travel day. We left on December 22nd from Juneau, Alaska:

Heavy fog in Juneau; almost don’t get out, entire trip in jeopardy, lot’s of praying going on. Original flight cancelled, take a chance on a flight that would still put us into Anaheim on the same day, but must go standby. Able to get confirmed seats all the way down thanks to a very helpful AK Air Employee. Long day of waiting in the airports; DS and DD took to playing hide-and-go-seek to pass the time in Juneau’s terminal. Flight out of Seattle delayed due to a catering truck clipping the wing of the airplane; I offered duct tape to help, but none was needed after all. Finally landed in OC around 10:40 pm (where the pilot said it was foggy with a mile visibility). Took a cab to the happiest hotel on earth (DLH) and checked in around 11:30 pm or so. My DW and DD wanted to take a walk around DTD while my DS and I stayed in the room and unpacked. All of us were excited for the next morning to arrive, were tired, but also had trouble sleeping.

When we called the DL Travel company to inform them of our trouble getting out of Juneau, they told us that if we were unable to make it in by the 2nd day of the 7 night stay, we would forfeit the trip. We were a little shocked since the whole thing was pre-paid; fortunately we had purchased travel insurance. We were soooooooooo thankful when we were able to get on a flight out of Juneau. Sometimes the weather in our city prevents planes from landing or taking off for several days at a time. Plus, with everyone traveling during the holidays, most every flight after our confirmed flight was already full.

Loved the way the Hotel was decorated as we checked in. DD was so exited by the couch and TV playing Disney cartoons. We had Mickey Golden ears and treats waiting for the kids when we got to the room. The plan was to get up early and try to be in the park by 7:30 am.

disneyhound
12-28-2005, 05:58 AM
Thanks for day 1, so glad things worked out! That is pretty "stinky" of DL Travel to tell you that a pre-paid vaction was going to be cancelled. Not like they are out any money if you are late.

potterphreak
12-28-2005, 09:15 AM
So glad you made it!! I would have been heartbroken to lose out on a trip like that as well. Especially being so far away in Alaska! Can't wait to get back to the DLH next week, she sure is special!

Also can't wait for the rest of your report, I'm super interested!! Have fun and enjoy your last day.

:-)

Donald Duck Fan68
12-29-2005, 04:09 AM
Day 2: First Day in the Park
Friday, December 23
DW and I awoke bright and early trying to get us all to the park by 7:30 am. We were proud when we actually made it there a little after 8 am. We read the sign together going under the left side of the tunnel.
City Hall where a very nice CM named Jeremy helped us with the assistance we would need for our two special needs children with invisible disabilities; his assistance was truly what made a difference on their ability to cope with the parks;
Gipetto came and visited us while we were waiting in line, DS was a little nervous and didn’t know what to make of the encounter, but DD warmed right up to him, got his Autograph and gave him a hug. The character experiences ended up being one her favorite things to do while there.
Train to Toontown station
Matterhorn (scary for kids; the first monster growl took all of us by surprise and was a little louder and darker than I remember)
Big Thunder, which we thought might be better for the kids, but it wasn’t; they both didn’t want to ride that “ever again”
Star Tours for DS and I
Breakfast at Buzz
Tea Cups (a favorite of both kids who rode this as often as they could)
Dumbo (another favorite which they rode as often as they could)
Monorail
Pool Break
DCA:
Soarin for DW and DS; both loved it,
Goofy encounter on way to TT (DD and I were headed back that way to grab FP for DW and I for later)
Monsters Inc is open!
Triton’s carosel for both kids
Back to hotel to meed Grandma who would be staying with us for most of the trip
Dinner at ESPN Zone
Makeover for DD at LibbyLu; DS boxing at the Zone
Kids to bed, DD asleep and DS stays with Grandma, DW and I do TT, Space, and Buzz using fastpasses I collected earlier in the day (thanks to Darkbeer for the FP lesson on no end-times and other strategies when collecting FP); DW and I loved the new Space, but agreed that the kids shouldn’t ride it.
Nightcap at lost bar followed by bed;
Plan is to do early entry at 7am next day

Donald Duck Fan68
12-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Got back to Juneau late last night. Awesome trip overall for me, the kids and DW had a great time as well, but were a bit overwellmed at times with the crowds.

I'll post the rest of the days later on. I'm trying to get the kids unpacked, finish downloading pics, video, etc.

I have over 1000 photos to share, over 4 hours of video that I need to edit, and I'll be putting up a website with all of that for folks to see. It will likely come out in stages, but I have 4 days of vacation left, so I'll likely get a jumpstart on it.

I'll change my sig line soon. The kids would like to go back in September around their birthdays.

Donald Duck Fan68
12-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Okay, here comes another update

Day 3: Christmas Eve
Saturday, December 24
Kids sleep in, they were tired and they needed the rest. Having two special needs kids in the park with one's first time out of Alaska means we needed to provide lot's of breaks and allow them to sleep as they needed it.

They awoke excited and were ready for the Park…Got the monorail front car; driver was hilarious and made several jokes along the way playin' along with the track; over to breakfast @ frontierland for Mickey Mouse Pancakes; DW waited in line while kids went into Tarzan Tree House, DD was a little nervous in parts especially when the leopard growled and startled her.

Had a bit of a scare at breakfast; our DD has a tendancy to be very impulsive and elusive and was with my wife one minute helping to get breakfast and then gone the next; my poor DW was frantically trying to call me on the radio and I had turned it off for some stupid reason. Well, she managed to get her and I sure heard about it when they made it to the table.

We decided to split up after breakfast since DW and DS wanted to do Pirates and DD was too scared, so, Me and DD went to jungle cruse; DD was a little nervous but I talked her into it; well when the rain forest went off and she got wet, that was unexpected and she was terrified the rest of the ride, sitting in my lap with arms around crying; ironically, we live in a rain forest; we all rode Buzz next, everyone liked that one; using hints from here on MP, I had my highest score yet, somewhere in the 120,000 range…
We took the monorail back to the Hotel for swim break; ended up being a long break (which we all needed); DS took a nap at the pool and DD and I swam in pool and spa; very nice; DW was kind enough to do the shopping for Christmas for kids while I stayed at the pool.

Tortilla Joes for dinner, back to park with DGM and all: rode Autopia with kids, they drove and an adult controlled the gas, both kids loved it and it became a repeat ride througout the trip; found spot for fireworks with some help from a very friendly CM whose name escapes me (next time I'm going to have to keep a tablet and write them down), DW and I split so she can pick up two more gifts for kids while I go to do Teacups and Dumbo; DD was cold so I went to buy sweatshirt right before Fireworks (really bad time to try and do this); Went to the stand between Matterhorn and Small world were there was an understaffed booth andoverworked CM who really held it together; I was a bit appalled at the lack of patience some people had and how rude they could be; I tried to be as nice as possible and the CM noticed that and thanked me; cxled fireworks due to weather (2 nights in a row now); We stayed put around our spot untill most of the folks cleared out and then the kids wanted to do more FL rides, Dad with kids, DW with DMIL (Dear Mother-in-Law/Grandma), I was able to get a terrified DD to ride Peter Pan which she ended up loving, and then DS wanted to do Casey Jr. Well, DD wanted nothing to do with getting into a cage and riding into a dark area she couldn't see, so she wanted nothing to do with this ride, but DS (who has Autism) is fixated on riding this ride. Can you say meltdown in progress at the casey jr. train? DD is screaming for dear life as I'm trying to convince her it's not scary and DS is starting to escalate with DD screaming, and then it was clear we wouldn't be able to ride it, so DS lost it; I knew then it was time to get back to the hotel fast; thank God for the express Monorail for DLR guests; kids got a surprise with the Chritmas tree there waiting. Kids asleep, wrapping presents, I ventured to DTD for last minute gifts because I thought DS might be getting the short end of the stick, which was stupid, he didn't, but at least that gave an excuse to pamper DD the other days…time for nite. When wife was out of the room I frantically wrapped her gift (one of those Pirates of the Carribean limited edition shirts that were pretty spendy) and made up her stocking.

Oh yah, almost forgot to mention, I had tried to get reservations at Goofy's Kitchen but they were booked that day, however, I was able to get the last seating on Christmas day available and the CM told me I was very lucky. I knew I was; I had tried to plan out our days earlier year, but DW wanted to be "spontanious and flexible". No comment.

potterphreak
12-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Can't wait to hear the rest and see the pictures!! What a unique perspective you are offering me-sooo patient! I am usually one of those crazy frantic people (I try to let go at DL tho! LOL) and you seemed to really encompass my mantra-let it go, take a nap/swim, LOL.

Can't wait to read the rest!

Donald Duck Fan68
12-31-2005, 05:06 AM
Thanks potterphreak, I'll keep the report coming. I'm kinda like you when I go solo at the park, which I did last spring; gotta hit everything and there's no time for "breaks"; however with our kids, this just isn't reasonable on them.

I'm almost finished with the first slide show and it should be posted today...somewhere.

Donald Duck Fan68
12-31-2005, 05:31 AM
Day 4: Christmas Day!
December 25, 2005
Kids awake excited to see Santa found our hotel room okay, when they went to bed there were no presents under the tree. Opening presents: DS got a lot of pirate stuff and an X-box Narnia game while DD got a new Minnie dress, shoes, socks, backpack, and a lot of girl stuff from Libby Lu. The stockings had a lot of cool stuff in them too. Kids anxious to get to Goofy's kitchen, but the reservations aren't for another hour. Decided to take a walk around the hotel grounds to kill the time. The kids loved the falls area and the fish. We also discovered the other pool which DD wanted to go to later today.

Goofy’s kitchen 10:30 - 11:30: This was great! Lot's of food, I filled up and ate 3 platefulls before the morning was over. Alice and Goofy got into a bit of a paper fight, and my kids got sucked into it as well. DS ratted Alice out when Goofy was trying to find where she was hiding. Eventually, Alice convinced DS to throw the paper at Goofy. Did the Macarena and the drumming on pots and pans, took pics, kids got autographs (which was one of DD's fav. part of the DLR experience.

On to DL via monorail: waaaaaaaay crowded in the park: autopia, casey jr.; I had tried to warn the family that this would be a better day to spend at DCA, but DS HAD to go on Casey Jr. before doing anything else.

Walk to DCA: Soarin (DD said she would go on it, but she changed her mind at the last minute, DW stayed behind while I went this time with DS).

Got out in time to catch Playhouse (which DS didn't want to do and DW thought he was getting overwhellmed again so they headed back to hotel for a break); cute show, DD loved it and I video taped it all so that the fam could watch it later.

Animation building to try and talk DD into the Crush show, instead we saw Woody and got his autograph and left; pitures by HLWD BLVD,

Bugs land all rides except Heimlick's chew train; DD loved this part of the park; back to Hotel for a short break and to plan the evening;

We're all big Viking's fans so DD and I stopped at ESPN Zone to reserve a booth with TV for 1st half of Vikings vs. ravens; Kids had trouble sitting still during dinner and it's starting to wear on DW, games for about an hour, DD and Dad adventure to DCA while DW decided to stay and get some laundry done;

Walked via Grand CA, ran into the carolers and requested "something religious" so they did "Oh Holy Night"; Went to the warf area for some refreshments while DD used the stage for gymnastics; found a spot to play drumz in the farmer's market area, caught ELP (DD loved this); hoofin’ to DL for Fireworks with DD on shoulders (btw, dad had kids on shoulders for most of the time in the park), Walked up Main Street to the right as Remember was happening....DD thought that was too cool, we slowly made our way around the circle as the show was ending then found a good spot for the 10:30pm Fantasmic show; "Mickey saved the World!" is what DD said after the show;

King Authur's Carosel, then monorail, room…Goodnight, everyone is really tired.

passthepixiedust
12-31-2005, 09:07 AM
Great trip report ! I love the details ! Thanks for posting it, I am eagerly awaiting the next installment......

anniedg
12-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks for posting -- this is a lot of fun to read!

nvmom
12-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Great report! Keep it coming...

nvmom

Donald Duck Fan68
12-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Day 5: Monday
December 26 (trip reaches the 1/2 way point)
DS and I go to DL: raining a bit, crowded in TL; DS wants to ride Star Tours (again, can you tell it's his favorite ride?), Walk to Indy which is 101 (broke down) and I inquire very nicely if it's a temporary thing or likely to be down a few days, CMs say it should only be temporary and thank me for being so kind and understanding; funny because all I did was say please and thank you and smiled a bit; DS and I decide to do Jungle Cruise instead, hopefully this time I won't have a terrified child clinging to me the whole ride; we're seated right in front next to the CM, I can't remember her name (ohhh snap, I'm really going to have to bring something to write the CM names down on); anyway, she was awesome, it's really all in the delivery; I was able to video tape the whole thing except the very beginning because I was worried about the "rain forest". There's always a special place in my heart for Jungle Cruise because it was the first ride I rode in DL.

Need to go by City Hall to get assistance for DD (one GAC was not cutting it because DD was too scared to ride the same rides DS was and she was being exibiting more serious conditions while in the standard que); very helpful at City Hall once again (I've got to write them a letter), Main Street Horseless Carriage (driving honking to the music) I've always wanted to ride a Main Street vehicle but have been in too much of a rush to get into the park; Next its: Peter Pan, Tea Cups, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride (DS was a little scared of the train but afterward told me he loved that ride), walked around NO Square, Monorail back to hotel for break.

Beach Pool with kids, DW shopping; Beach pool was fun, DD played on the playground and DS took a nap; DD and I swam in-between trips to the lost-bar.

DW and Grandma eat at Jazz Kitchen, kids and Dad to DCA: Block Party Bash (that's my kind of parade!) afterwards the couple next to me said I my son should get a job at DL since he's such a good dancer, McDonalds in DCA (it pains me to say it, but hey, my kids loved it), Jumpin Jellyfish (okay, this ride is probably 2nd to the tea cups for my daughter's favs), meet DW and Grandma, DW does Screamin' which she loves, kids and I do Carosel, Zepher (DD chickens out at last minute), Jumpin Jellyfish (again), DS and DW Moholland Madness, Jellyfish (again). Electric parade which everyone loves, I'm so glad we all got to see this together, followed by walking over to DL to see fireworks…

DS a bit overwhelmed with the loudness and people (autism will do that from time to time)…hotel room after fireworks (we didn't stop and watch, we just walked up mainsteet and did the circle as they were happening; DD and I stop at lego store on way…sleep….

Donald Duck Fan68
01-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Day 6: Tuesday
December 27
Dad awake around 7 am, everyone else still asleep; solo early entry for photos, Indy FP, ride Indy, reservations @ BB, coffee on Main Street, back to hotel. Breakfast at Whitewater snacks (the bacon, egg, cheese biscuit was great); Grandma, kids, and dad do DCA while DW met someone for lunch; DCA: collected FP for Soarin’, Screamin, and TOT; DG rode Sun Wheel while kids rode Jumpin’ Jellyfish and DS rode Zepher; DS wanted to ride Indy so we headed to DL at around 1pm; Adventureland had been turned into an exit only, getting there was a challenge, DG rode while kids and I waited (very crowded); people continually stopping in the exit and walkways, Cms were constantly trying to keep people moving, almost got into a shouting match with one group of about 8 who wouldn’t move when DG was trying to get to us in her wheelchair and they just stood in the exit and wouldn’t move out of her way. DS and I got though the que and up to the car when DS decided it was too scary. Collected FP for HMH and Splash before meeting back with DG. Too late to get any spot for 3pm parade, rode Peter Pan and Dumbo, kids got the golden Dumbo; made way back to hotel through sea of people to meet with DW. Swim break for DD and Dad while DW and DS went back to DL for Splash, HMH and dinner. DG went to Jazz Kitchen. DD went to bed early and when DS and DW got back, DG stayed at Hotel with kids while DW and DH had a date night. Rode Screamin, Tower, and Soarin together. DW was tired and headed back to hotel while DH went solo in DL. Arrived in Rivers of America through Adventureland as Fantasmic was starting; hopped up behind the roped section in Plaza Inn and watched from a premium site with a couple other folks who had discovered the area; left just before the end so that I could get on Pirates as a walkon; left Pirates and used FP for HMH which was a walkon anyway; loved the ride (more later) came out as a 3rd showing of F! was starting, watched the beginning, FP for splash had a boat all to myself, watched end of F! then used FP for Indy, none of the Cms had flashlights so I couldn’t see Eyore; ride was closing as I was exiting so it was time to head out; slow walk from castle down Main Street browsing; caught a classic Mickey cartoon at the theatre; bought the detailed map on way out; lost bar for a nightcap, bed

Also, I finished the slideshow and put it into a streaming video, but I think I did something wrong as it doesn't want to load for me. I'll keep trying to work it out.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-02-2006, 09:28 AM
I'll finish the final days later on; please reply if you've enjoyed this report.

eryn
01-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Very much! You did a wonderful job!

donaldquackers
01-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I have really enjoyed your report. So what happened next.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Day 7 (First 1/2 of the day)
DD awoke VERY EARLY and managed to wake DS and DH up; the plan was to get to the park for opening for once and do TTEE; kids watch Disney Channel until it was time to start getting ready. Got to park at 7:50 am and there was already quite a line; rented stroller, cruised thru Adventureland, grabbed FP for Indy in case anyone was in the park later; DS did Astro Orbiters while DD slept in stroller and I watched, he loved that ride; headed to Toontown for 9 am opening, found out there was no early morning madness that day; kids had a blast there, meeting Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto; didn’t want to wait in the line that went to Goofy Santa; DD did bounce house, DS and DD explored Donald’s boat, played around in the fun house area, and both were getting a little over-stimulated so we left. They also enjoyed going around to the different cars parked in the area and pretended to drive while I took photos. They also got a kick out of the door that you pull on and an explosion happens inside. After that, we headed to tomorrowland and rode:
Autopia
DD did Astro Orbiter with me while DS watched (she loved this ride too);
All 3 on Buzz, I was a little miffed that my son couldn't go solo so that I could play, but the CM made me ride in the middle with them. I was also disappointed when our picture didn't show up; oh well, you win some you lose some.
Danced with Buzz and then took the Monorail back to hotel. Got back to the hotel around noonish.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Day 7 (2nd Half of the Day)
Wednesday, Dec. 28th

Hotel break: around noonish; sibling fight, DD really wanted popcorn but I was not about to fight the crowd to get it in the park with two kids who both wanted shoulder rides at that point. Went to information and asked closest place to find popcorn, they sent me to guest relations; a very helpful CM thought that was a really good question and came up with the theatre, where DD was very happy to walk in just to get popcorn. DS wanted to play boxing at ESPN zone one more time while DW and DD went to Libby Lu and then Build a Bear workshop; DS and I played games together (the boxing game really wears you out!), but I was bummed when the football throw was 101, climbing wall had been closed all week too, but we did hockey and a few other racing games; DS and DW were going to see Narnia at the 3:30 showing and I ran down to get cash at front desk when I spotted Goofy watching TV with a lot of kids; I asked Goofy if he would be there for 5-10 minutes, and he said yes so I ran back to the room to get the kids; DD and I ran back and she had a chance to show Goofy her new bear and watch a Donald Duck cartoon with him (priceless); DS and DW to movie and spend the evening together, DD and I to pool, where DD learned to swim without the vest; she could now ride the big slide if she wanted but she was still too nervous for it. We stayed a little longer at the pool than I wanted, but since this was a special moment (learning to swim by herself) it was okay. Dinner at Croc’s bites with a “Picnic” in the room watching Phil of the Future, then quickly we rush off to DCA at 5:30 pm trying to catch the 5:45 Block Party Bash at Paradise Peer location; Take shortcut through GC, entire lobby is walled in with construction stuff and smells of soot; make it into park and reach SF area as Parade is going by, we follow the Monsters Inc. float until it stops and then stay and dance there; DD is a bit embarrassed by Dad’s loud screaming, enthusiasm, and crazy dancing, but she still loves the parade and has a great time; rode Jumpin, and then she agreed to try Zepher again, and this time she went on and rode it; warf area for some stage time gymnastics before heading over to catch the Christmas Fantasy Parade (Dad pushes it timewise to get there and secure a spot by 7:45) grab stroller from DCA on way; arrive through gates at 7:40 (a group of rude people came up at last minute and cut off disabled wheelchair couple at the last minute, all around us in line were sarcastically making remarks about how only some of us have to wait in the entrance line if we want, others just stood there with their jaw dropping); a nice CM helped us get a spot for the parade on Main Street just as it was starting; the group around us was nice enough to let DD stay in her stroller and move forward to see it while I video taped the whole thing; followed Parade up Main Street until about Market Street when the Cms started directing us to the right, eventually got right up close to the front of Castle and parked for the fireworks; DD was getting tired, but agreed to stay if we got Popcorn, took about 30 minutes to run to restroom (where there was quite a long line for the “secret” bathroom, which is supposed to be for…oh, nevermind) followed by the Popcorn stand and navigating back to spot with a sleeping 5 year old on shoulders; a bit of a fiasco over the whole stand up or sit down for Fireworks; we were in the street area and CMs came by explaining to all that we were under no obligation to sit down, we were in fact in a standing area. So when the group right in front of us stay standing and the folks right behind me start shouting "sit down" what was I to do? Fortunately I was behind my daughters' stroller and there was another stroller in front of her, so my sightline wasn't blocked too badly and I video taped the whole show; great show; time to go back to hotel…monorail, hotel room, last night of sleeping in DLH. DW takes a walk around DTD while I stay in the room with the kids. Forgot to mention that Grandma left this morning; both kids mentioned that they would really miss her.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-03-2006, 11:47 AM
I'll post the last day's report a little later.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-03-2006, 02:18 PM
I've got a slideshow put to music in a streaming Quicktime video format. The file size is 14.3 MB, so I wouldn't try viewing it unless you have a high speed connection.

I'll post the pictures individually somewhere at somepoint.

Let me know if you like the slideshow.

Here's the link:
http://www.jsd.k12.ak.us/~wahlj/personal/streaming/slideshow.htm

Donald Duck Fan68
01-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Day 8
1/2 day of DLR and then Travel Day
DS wanted to go to park for more rides; plan to get in for EE and also do TTMM. Monorail in around 7:15, park already looking pretty crowded for EE. Ride Buzz first then Star Tours. TTMM next, more later….Snow White for DD. Over to Pirates shop to buy sweatshirt for me; Autotopia then home via front of monorail. Meanwhile, DW and DD had room service and DD was ready to head into DCA for her last chance at rides. DW stayed with DS who went back to sleep, then they checked out and hung around till our meeting time. DD and I went through the Grand Californian for one last look at the torched lobby, got into park and I tried to talk her into a couple new rides like Grizzly or even the Redwood challenge area, but she didn’t want to, so we rode Jumpin, Zepher, and almost made it on Mohalland before she had second thoughts; I bought some sunglasses at the shack, took some great shots around the pier, headed over to the warf for MM pretzel and beverage; decided to go with an Amber; caught the first part of the bread video while muchin on sourdough; ate pretzel at Flik and Atta’s show, glad we caught it, DD liked it and it was a nice break; DD played around in the farm area before heading into Bug’s land, time for last ride: she chose the bumper cars. Had to really hurry to make it back in time to meet DS and DW; grabbed cab to airport, cab had a DVD player and a non-disney version of Snow White was playing; DW and I discuss moving back to CA on the way there; lot’s of stuff, checked in, settled into gate; DS not feeling well, ended up getting sick on way home throwing up twice in the plane; most everyone on the plane from John Wayne Apt had been at DLR. Talked to a family that stayed at the Grand. DW would like to try staying there next time.

Entire family a bit exhausted; glad to be home. Didn’t cry when we left the Resort area, but I sure cried once we were back and I awoke the next morning no longer in the midst of the magic. Lots of pictures and video to sort through.

Already talking about a return trip during Sept. when the kids have birthdays. Definitely want to go when park is less crowded, so last part of Sept. early Oct. might be the time.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Final Thoughts:

I don't know if anyone viewed the streaming movie or not; here's the link if you missed it:

http://www.jsd.k12.ak.us/~wahlj/personal/streaming/slideshow.htm

We had a great time overall, and I really feel like we got our money's worth from the Hotel (that is, we did more than just sleep there). The crowds were a bit overwhellming for all of us, so I know the next time around, we're going to be looking for a time when there's less crowds.

I took advantage of many tips and tricks that I learned from this board and our entire vacation wouldn't have been as successful without all the helpful advice from this and the parenting forum.

Thanks to all, and see you in the Park(s).

DDF68

PS: please post if you view the movie and your thoughts

passthepixiedust
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Your movie won't work for me, WAAAAAH !

anniedg
01-08-2006, 06:48 AM
Donald Duck Fan68 -- just now finished your report. Thanks for the slide show! I LOVED it!! I haven't been to a Disney park at Christmas and haven't made it out for the 50th so it was a lot of fun to see your pictures. You got a lot of fun shots of your kids -- they're cuties (a lot with characters too!) I enjoyed the shots at DLH too, haven't stayed there in awhile and I love it. Sorry to hear you ended the trip with throwing up on the plane. We ended a DW trip that way once, kind of a jolt back to the real world.
Tell your daughter congrats on the swimming and thanks again for all the great posts.