PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl-Bound USC and Texas to visit the DLR on Thursday, December 29th

Darkbeer
12-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Rose Bowl-Bound University of Southern California and University of Texas Football Teams to Visit The Disneyland Resort on Thursday, December 29

ANAHEIM, Calif., Dec. 27 -- Now that the University of Southern California and the University of Texas have won berths in the 2006 National Championship Rose Bowl Game(R) in Pasadena, what are they going to do next? They're going to Disneyland.

Disney characters, the Disneyland Band and fans will welcome the two squads and their coaches when the teams make their first official Rose Bowl appearance at the Resort on Thursday, December 29 at 2 p.m. Members of both teams including the University of Texas quarterback Vince Young and USC's Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush and quarterback Matt Leinart will be available for interviews in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

The Trojans and Longhorns, scheduled to meet at the Rose Bowl game on January 4, 2006, will enjoy a day at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Disneyland has been associated with the Tournament of Roses since 1959 and has had the honor of hosting many teams during that time.

The Rose Bowl teams' visit coincides with Disneyland's 50th anniversary celebration that is in full swing through 2006. The milestone celebration includes new entertainment and attractions. The newest attraction, inspired by the Disney/Pixar film "Monsters, Inc -- Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!" at Disney's California Adventure Park, opens January 23.

The 92nd Rose Bowl game will be played in Pasadena on Wednesday, January 4, 2006. The Longhorns (12-0 overall) will be making their second consecutive Rose Bowl appearance. The Trojans (12-0 overall) have won two consecutive national championships in 2004 and 2005.

vickieluvsmickey
12-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I was wondering what the odds would be of getting Reggie's or Matt's autograph. My DS would love to wear his USC jersey and get it autographed. Tomorrow is a blockout day for our deluxe APs, but just called DLR info and the CM told me we could purchase blockout day tickets for $30.

The CM I spoke to gave me the timeline of events with the players but stressed we would need to get there EARLY because of gates closing early, crowds, etc. She didn't know if getting an autograph would be a possibility or not.

I am willing to leave home VERY early, figure out parking logistics, wait in the ticket line, pay $30 per ticket, and stake out the closest spot at the castle 6 hours early if my son has a chance to get his jersey autographed. But I'm sure there's a good chance they may not even give autographs.

So, that's my dilemma! I was just wondering if anyone had any other information or advice. Should we just go and hope for the best or do you think we don't stand a chance?

K & S
12-28-2005, 03:00 PM
The 92nd Rose Bowl game will be played in Pasadena on Wednesday, January 4, 2006. The Longhorns (12-0 overall) will be making their second consecutive Rose Bowl appearance. The Trojans (12-0 overall) have won two consecutive national championships in 2004 and 2005.Perhaps January 4th will be a good day to go to DL. :)

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-28-2005, 05:28 PM
going on the 5th and really fearing the crowds!!!

potzbie
12-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Perhaps January 4th will be a good day to go to DL. :)

That's not a bad idea.

I once watched an Anaheim Angel playoff game inside the Grand Californian Hotel on their television in the bar.

Since the Rose Bowl game kicks off at 5:00 p.m., you might consider doing Disneyland from 8:00 to 4:30, and kicking back in the Grand Californian for the Rose Bowl.
Likewise for the lesser bowls, Jan. 3 or 2 or 1.

I know that the local sports restaurants (ESPN ZONE, and at my local CHARLIE BROWN'S) will love to have lots of patrons watching (and eating and drinking) January 4th.

K & S
12-28-2005, 08:12 PM
That's not a bad idea.

I once watched an Anaheim Angel playoff game inside the Grand Californian Hotel on their television in the bar.

Since the Rose Bowl game kicks off at 5:00 p.m., you might consider doing Disneyland from 8:00 to 4:30, and kicking back in the Grand Californian for the Rose Bowl.
Likewise for the lesser bowls, Jan. 3 or 2 or 1.

I know that the local sports restaurants (ESPN ZONE, and at my local CHARLIE BROWN'S) will love to have lots of patrons watching (and eating and drinking) January 4th.

I'm not a football fan! :)

potzbie
12-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Today's (Thursday) Los Angeles TIMES Sports page said that the USC Trojan football team will work out this morning and THEN head out to DISNEYLAND.

And you thought the crowds Wednesday were big . . .
:(