PDA

View Full Version : BAH! When did they change it?! [iasw schedule]

potterphreak
12-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Grrr I am taking my 2 daughters and my MIL to Disneyland 1/3-1/5, the main reason being so MIL could see all the holiday decorations and It's A Small World. Last I had checked, the DL calendar listed IASWH removal for January 7th or something like that and now it says it will be down while we are there. Soooo sad!!!!! :-(

<sigh>

Darkbeer
12-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Last I checked, iaswh closes the 4th, so you should be able to see it on the 3rd....

So you will get most of the stuff on day 1, and then you will see the start of the removal....

potterphreak
12-26-2005, 10:31 PM
<sigh> I don't know that she will go to the park(s) for more than 1 day. In her words, she is there to shop and see the decorations, LOL, and I don't know if she feels that a half day (after us driving for 6 hours) is worth the extra cost for her. Oh well, guess it is in her hands. Personally, I have seen it 3 times this season and that is more than enough for me. LOL I can't wait to get back home, errr, I mean the DL Hotel <wink wink>, it was sooo hard in early December to stay elsewhere. Spoiled, I tell, spoiled I have become!!!

The Mouse Is Back
12-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Since we're accustomed to having a week or so to see IASWH after the rest of the holiday decor is taken down, this is also disappointing to us.

My understanding is that the extended schedule is being truncated because of the 50th. I, for one, will be glad when it's over.

-Allegra-

Monte Cristo
12-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Since we're accustomed to having a week or so to see IASWH after the rest of the holiday decor is taken down, this is also disappointing to us.

My understanding is that the extended schedule is being truncated because of the 50th. I, for one, will be glad when it's over.

-Allegra-

I will be THRILLED when all of this 50th stuff is over. I'm happy for DL's success, but I want my off-seasons back, dammit!

Darkbeer
12-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Actually, there has been a switch in the refurbs.

In the past, the iaswh and HMH removal overlaps, one might have started a week later than the other, but the majority of the time, both attractions were closed at the same time.

This year, they are trying to keep only one attraction closed at a time.

First, iasw is closed from January 4th thru 17th.

Then Haunted Mansion from January 18th thru March 4th

And then Pirates from March 5th thru late June (date has not been announced, tied to the movie premiere).

Now everything is subject to change, especialy the return date, due to finding problems during the refurb that require extra work.

potterphreak
12-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh good gravy!! I thought for sure I would be able to go on regular Haunted Mansion for our February trip but holy moly, now THAT'S changed!!! BAH!!!!! I haven't been on the good old fashioned regular HM since 1992.

:-(

And I really really love it and really REALLY don't like Nightmare Before Xmas...

<sigh>

TP2000
12-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Not sure when you last checked the schedule, but those rehab dates Darkbeer so kindly posted have been in place for quite awhile now. I remember first seeing them when Haunted Mansion Holiday had just opened for the season, and Small World had yet to close for it's rehab to turn into Holiday, so that places it around early October at least that those dates were released.

There's also a thread over on Mouseinfo that has those same closure dates for all of those three E Tickets, and it was dated November 3rd, 2005. So the dates have been out there for a few months now.

I'm glad they are staggering the closures this year, as in the past Small World and Haunted Mansion would be closed at the same time in January. And this year Haunted Mansion is closed for an additional month to perform work on that 36 year old facility.

Things can't run 16 hours per day, 365 days per year, year after year, decade after decade, hosting literally millions of people per year without some downtime for maintenance and freshening. Disneyland doesn't have the luxury of closing down for six months for the winter like the vast majority of theme parks do, and yet those other parks still look so shabby and run down compared to Disneyland.

Maintenance has to happen.

sunfun94
12-27-2005, 02:36 PM
Maintenance has to happen.

Maintence Happens...

that should be a bumper sticker on the vehicles for DLR!! :D

potterphreak
12-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Bah!!!!!!!!!

:d

The Mouse Is Back
12-28-2005, 01:05 AM
So Haunted Mansion Holiday is running until the 18th before it goes down for refurb? And IASWH gets TWO EXTRA DAYS to run after New Year's Day?

That is stupid.

-Allegra-

Wesley815
12-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Oh good gravy!! I thought for sure I would be able to go on regular Haunted Mansion for our February trip but holy moly, now THAT'S changed!!! BAH!!!!! No matter what Disney does they can't make everyone happy... if they had it open when you go, then it'll have to be closed for someone else at a different time. Gheez, get's old reading all these whiney posts.
So Haunted Mansion Holiday is running until the 18th before it goes down for refurb? And IASWH gets TWO EXTRA DAYS to run after New Year's Day?

That is stupid.

-Allegra-See what I mean? You peple need to grow up... there's more to life then having an attraction closed for a few weeks at Disneyland.

Darkbeer
12-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Since the Haunted Mansion needed the longer refurb, they decided to do the quick one first.

Just made logicial sense.

potterphreak
12-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Wes, I'm not being "whiny", but hey, thanks for your compassion!! I absolutely LOVE posting on here, what with all the support and information, but I just do NOT understand the snipers. If you don't like what someone has to say, by all means, ignore my post. No need to go into attack mode. Obviously, I looked in the wrong place or something, because the last I had heard IASW was going down January 7th (or something like that). Like I said, repeatedly, I don't care if this ride is down, I don't even like it. I have ridden it 3 times since Thanksgiving, that is more than enough for the next year or so. Just wanted my MIL to experience it, that is all. And I'm not upset that Disneyland is having rides down; especially when they stagger them like they are this season. I think that is amazing! My problem is with my MIL, whom I don't think will want to pay to go half a day on Tuesday after driving for hours and hours and then will probably grump (at me, no less) that she doesn't get to see IASWH. As for the good ol' regular Haunted Mansion, I think I am going to schedule a special trip in May to see it so we all win. Except for my poor car-sheesh, all the miles I have put on that baby! LOL

Don't be so quick to snap at people, sheesh! I don't leave negative comments for people and I don't post stupid things don't give information OR help, I would ASSUME that we are all adults here and can behave as such. But then again, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong..... ;-)

DB-thanks, as always, for being the continuing source of information that I count on time after time. :-)

The Mouse Is Back
12-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Aww, Wes.

Experience has taught me that people who feel the need to control how other people feel are usually the ones who need to grow up...;)

"Waaaaaah! They don't feel the same way I do about it, waaaaaah, make 'em stop!"

;)

-Allegra-

potterphreak
12-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Mouse, that just didn't make any sense to me. I give up. You know the old saying, you can't please everyone all of the time so I am just going to worry about me?

LOL

Thanks for all the help and letting me vent, that's what I love about MP.

The Mouse Is Back
12-28-2005, 12:50 PM
LOL!

potter, it never makes any sense to me when I read the "it's just a show/attraction/ride/vacation of a lifetime - you need to GROW UP!!" posts.

I agree with you - if you don't appreciate that someone is disappointed, USE THE BACK BUTTON. :)

-Allegra-

potterphreak
12-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks Allegra. I KNOW in the grand scheme of things my worries/disappointments/whatevers don't mean anything but it still sucks and coming on here, with my fellow Disneyland enthusiasts, the ONE place where I think I can "whine" and gripe and vent (cos you KNOW my husband thinks I'm crazy!) and then getting smacked in the face for MY opinion, just a little bit of an ouch. LOL

Wesley815
12-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Yay... yet another thread where you guys just go on and on and I get to sit back and laugh.

I love it! :D

potterphreak
12-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Yay for Wes!

;-)

The Mouse Is Back
12-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Yay... yet another thread where you guys just go on and on and I get to sit back and laugh.

I love it! :D

And yet you're so disinterested that you're keeping track of it...:p

-Allegra-

The Lovely Mrs. tod
12-29-2005, 05:12 AM
You peple need to grow up... there's more to life then having an attraction closed for a few weeks at Disneyland.
There are an awful lot of people for whom a Disneyland trip is NOT a weekly or even monthly occurance.

I would think people who are fond enough of Disneyland to become members of this forum would have a bit more empathy for those who are disappointed in a favorite ride being down for refurb.

-TLMt

potterphreak
12-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Thank you Lovely, and might I add, that is a very lovely answer! ;-)

I guess my gripe should have REALLY been-
BAH! How did I read the dates wrong?
<sigh>

I am such a type A person when it comes to my DL trips that it just burns my booty to know I missed out on such a key piece of infor regarding a trip. Oh well, completely my fault and isn't that always the hardest thing to say?!

LOL @ my silly ol' self

Cheers, my lovely MPers!!!

sunfun94
01-02-2006, 09:52 AM
It happens to the best of us wether we admit it or not!! LOL!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP REGARDLESS!!! ( at least it will have stopped raining by the time you get here!)