PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Philharmagic at Disneyland?

AZDisneyFan
12-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Do you think there is a chance we could get this attraction in CA in the future? I was so impressed with it at WDW, and I thought it would make a great addition to the park. Maybe they could get rid of Honey I Shrunk the audience. That seemed a little dated to me last time I saw it. Or maybe it could go in DCA? Just curious.:)

Darkbeer
12-26-2005, 06:36 PM
People looked into this...

Folks have found that behind Toontown, if Disney converted the backstage music room, it would fit.

And with Golden Dreams moving to the Sunshine Plaza area (strong rumor), maybe some major changes in the Route 66 area might be enough room for Philarmagic.

mckygirl99
12-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I think that would be a WONDERFUL idea!! We just fell in love with that show in Orlando! I hope it (and pray) it will make its way out here!

PragmaticIdealist
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
What about the Fantasyland Theatre at night? "Magic Journeys" was presented at the old stage in front of Space Mountain for a while.

The only other existing theatre that could host the film is the one showing Muppet*Vision 3-D, although I suppose the animation pavillion at D.C.A. might have enough room.

I have never seen the film, and I would prefer that each Disney theme park have exclusive, one-of-a-kind attractions. But, Philharmagic might be a quick fix for D.C.A.

Oh, I just remembered Playhouse Disney. I have never seen that show, but it seems due to be replaced soon. That might be an ideal location if it weren't for the fact that D.C.A. already has two other stereoscopic film presentations.

TowerofTerror
12-26-2005, 11:39 PM
I think it would be great if they brought it over here. I think it would be fine if it was at DCA.

Darkbeer
12-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Philarmagic requires three screens and a LONG theater.

Muppet Vision, Animation or Playhouse Disney are not the proper length to offer the movie.

PragmaticIdealist
12-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Philarmagic requires three screens and a LONG theater.

Muppet Vision, Animation or Playhouse Disney are not the proper length to offer the movie.

Never mind, then.

If the film cannot be presented in the existing Fantasyland Theatre, then I do not think the attraction is worth importing. "Philharmagic" could increase the versatility of that venue, though, if the logistics prove viable.

Opus1guy
12-27-2005, 09:16 AM
And with Golden Dreams moving to the Sunshine Plaza area (strong rumor), maybe some major changes in the Route 66 area might be enough room for Philarmagic.

I don't see how this would fit with the theme of that area. Well...not that adherence to theming has ever been a deal-braking issue with California Adventure, sadly.

I would think that the Hollywood Backlot would be the only appropriate area for this film. Perhaps use the huge stage-show building? Why...think of all the Cast you could fire!

;)

charpaul
12-27-2005, 12:19 PM
I loved this attraction when I first saw it in the MagicKingdom. I was happy to hear that it was imported to Hong Kong when they opened this year- (makes me think that they would be willing to add it to other parks..).
I have always thought this would be a great addition to Toon Town. It really does belong in Fantasyland (as it is in Orlando) but Toon town is where they have more space to carve out a theatre. Not sure of the logistics of putting it back there, but that would be my vote for where to place it in DL.
That would be TWO 3D type attractions in BOTH DLR parks.