PDA

View Full Version : Rockin Roller Coaster -- for DCA

Pages : [1] 2

splashmtngurl
12-26-2005, 12:17 PM
so on our last trip a cast member confirmed that DCA will be making an expansion (taking over the rest of the timon and pumba parking lot?? i think thats it...you know what im talking about) and they will be starting construction on Rockin Rollar Coaster---anyway i cant remember when she said the official date of when the construction would begin was, i think it was when the subs are completed....just thought i would share that little bit of information.

nursemelis374
12-26-2005, 12:34 PM
I think that is a dumb idea. The last thing DCA needs is another rollercoaster, there are barely any lines for Screamin' as it is.

They need a big E ticket family ride.

TowerofTerror
12-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Well I THINK it would be cool that they expanded the park and add more things to do there.

splashmtngurl
12-26-2005, 01:06 PM
i dont know what i think, i wish they would add something that is new, not at another park but i also think it will be good to expand and maybe have room for some other new things....i have mixed feelings on the subject right now, although i suppose in a way the coaster will fit well at DCA considering the theme...guess i will just have to wait and see.

The Genii
12-26-2005, 01:20 PM
The Fabulous Disney Babe posted the rumor about the Rock 'N Roller Coaster going into the Hollywood area of DCA years ago: it was to have taken up the space from both Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Superstar Limo. Obviously that didn't come to pass.

Rock 'N Roller Coaster is not a ride that anyone should look to in order to help attendance at DCA. The version at Walt Disney Studio Paris hasn't helped to bring anyone into that incredibly feeble park.

splashmtngurl
12-26-2005, 01:32 PM
but being told by a cast member when and where the attraction will be being placed is a little more reliable then some rumor on a discussion board from a few years ago isnt it?? i mean the construction of this ride is supposedly only a couple years down the road..

PapiBear
12-26-2005, 02:19 PM
If they want to truly showcase the California experience, they'll put in Mickey's Lowrider Cruize Thru Inglewood.

Andrew
12-26-2005, 03:52 PM
but being told by a cast member when and where the attraction will be being placed is a little more reliable then some rumor on a discussion board from a few years ago isnt it?? i mean the construction of this ride is supposedly only a couple years down the road..
Unfortunately, Cast Members (in general, not the specific one you talked to) have been known to exaggerate and at times make up rumors from whole cloth, just to a) make guests happy and b) see what kind of spread the rumors get. I don't place much faith in random CM rumors.

DisneyDustin22
12-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Unfortunately, Cast Members (in general, not the specific one you talked to) have been known to exaggerate and at times make up rumors from whole cloth, just to a) make guests happy and b) see what kind of spread the rumors get. I don't place much faith in random CM rumors.

Why I remember last summer when I was told Westcot was supposed to break ground this January by a DCA CM. :rolleyes: I also heard Minnie Mouse was seen canoodling around with Brad Pitt.

AZDisneyFan
12-26-2005, 04:48 PM
I just spent 8 days in Disney World, and one of the things I took away from this trip is that I would Definitely LOVE a Rockin Roller Coaster in CA! :fez: It was actually highly themed, not just a boring track coaster like CA Screaming. The lines were packed all day, and my kids begged to go on it again and again (They are 6 and 7). It was a blast. I am hoping this rumor is true, because I think it would make a great addition to the park!

I love Peter Pan
12-26-2005, 04:53 PM
I think it's a great idea. I've heard very good things about that ride and would like to go on it but haven't been able too because it's on the other side of the country. It looks like a very fun ride to me and would like too see it put in DCA.

ferliemom
12-26-2005, 05:53 PM
If they want to truly showcase the California experience, they'll put in Mickey's Lowrider Cruize Thru Inglewood.\

Oh my god!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!
:D

TahoeBob
12-26-2005, 06:02 PM
I also heard Minnie Mouse was seen canoodling around with Brad Pitt.
This is not a rumor, this the truth when I was at DL a few weeks ago Brad and Minnie were on the same boat at POTC just one seat in front of me. they could not keep there hands off each other.

mckygirl99
12-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Since it's themed in LA it would fit in nicely! I loved that ride in WDW but I find it hard to believe they would put another big coaster in like that.

I still liked the idea of a CARS themed ride based on Test Track. It would something different at the park.

splashmtngurl
12-26-2005, 08:03 PM
well i can see where it would definetly be possible that this isnt truth, if this is the case sorry for spreading rumors...:confused: ....lol...but hey it would be nice right?? has anyone else hear anything about this or am i the only one? because if thats the case, its probably NOT true :( lol

Susan L
12-26-2005, 08:36 PM

Andrew answered this one right. CM's are the worst for when it comes to information like this. We were told in 10/04 by a CM that there would never be a Finding Nemo ride. Well we all know that isn't true. I was inquiring about suites at the DL resorts hotels and was told by a CM that the DL resort hotels do not have suites. This is also not true. Don't forget your hip waiters the bull can get deep sometimes:D

mi_mous
12-26-2005, 09:12 PM
I think that is a dumb idea. The last thing DCA needs is another rollercoaster, there are barely any lines for Screamin' as it is.

They need a big E ticket family ride.

I totally agree with you! Being a parent of 2 small ones, it's hard to spend a day at DCA with the kids. My son is 4, going on 5, but he is just barely able to ride some of the rides that have height requirements.
DCA isn't as family freindly as Disneyland, although I think they are trying to change it.
Yeah, it would be cool to expand, and add a new rude, but they also need to make the park more family friendly.

JeffG
12-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Keep in mind that a front-line castmember is very unlikely to actually have this kind of information about unannounced projects. Anyone that does have that information would be under a non-disclosure agreement and >very< unlikely to risk their job by casually sharing that information with guests.

In all likelihood, the castmember that you talked to heard the same rumor that has been circulating online for a long time and simply repeated it.

-Jeff

PapiBear
12-26-2005, 10:42 PM
I also heard Minnie Mouse was seen canoodling around with Brad Pitt.What exactly is "canoodling", anyway? Does it involve pasta?

mraw
12-26-2005, 10:55 PM
The Rock N' Rollercoaster is really fun when the lights are on and you can see the twisting tracks. We rode it three times in a row with them on and we all were about to throw up. Such fun!

SandraVB79
12-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Mayby Rockin' Rollercoaster is a big hit in WDW, but it isn't in Paris. Every time I'm there, there is virtually no line at all (you go in, wait in the first room, the 'studio" and when the film has been shown, you proceed to board). I will check again next week, but I can't remember it is that well-themed in Paris. Anyway, I only understood the concept of the theming after reading about it somewhere on a WDW-board (going in a limo to the Aerosmith concert)
It's a nice coaster, but I don't think it's something they need at DCA.

Disneyfreak
12-27-2005, 02:12 AM
DCA needs a Pirates of the Caribbean or HM type ride now. They need to spend a lot of money if they want to attract people. Not some weaker themed rip off of another park. If they would build at least 1 solid ride like POTC DCA would look a trillion times better.

PragmaticIdealist
12-27-2005, 04:51 AM
Mayby Rockin' Rollercoaster is a big hit in WDW, but it isn't in Paris. Every time I'm there, there is virtually no line at all (you go in, wait in the first room, the 'studio" and when the film has been shown, you proceed to board). I will check again next week, but I can't remember it is that well-themed in Paris. Anyway, I only understood the concept of the theming after reading about it somewhere on a WDW-board (going in a limo to the Aerosmith concert)
It's a nice coaster, but I don't think it's something they need at DCA.

I agree. If Rockin' Roller Coaster is what passes for storytelling or "theming" nowadays, then Disney is in serious trouble.

disneyhound
12-27-2005, 07:03 AM
I watched the "Disney" special on the History Channel Sunday. First look at the "Rockin Coaster". Looked fun, but I agree that it would not be the draw DCA needs!

WITron
12-27-2005, 10:01 PM
I don't take much stock in what CM's say. While I was waiting for the Candlelight Procession I was talking with a CM, and this is someone I know, and she made a comment about something coming to DCA. I took it with a grain of salt and if it comes about great, but if not I am not going to hold my breath.