PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland at Capacity and Re-entry Question

momuvseven
12-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Hope someone can tell me if we will be able to re-enter the park later in the day if we have handstamps? I read on a website that if the park stops selling tickets because they are at capacity that we would not be able to re-enter???? Any one know for sure?
WE generally go early morning and then back to the hotel for several hours of R&R and then back for the evening.

Thanks

erica84
12-25-2005, 04:46 PM
We were at DLR on 12/10. We went to our rooms to rest, went to Downtown Disney and had dinner and then proceeded to try and enter DL which was at capacity. We were told that we would not be allowed in for awhile, if at all, even though we had our handstamps. They did end up extending DCA's hours to make up for not allowing people to enter or re-enter DL. So in a nutshell, in my experience, even those with handstamps are not allowed to re-enter the park when it is at capacity.

ThomasCanty
12-26-2005, 06:34 AM
There was one thing I was wondering a few days ago when I was there and it started to get pretty crowded. What if they stop allowing re-entry and I have items in a locker inside DL? Would they let me in anyway? Or would a CM go retrieve my stuff? Fortunately, I didn't have to find out by experience.

Alex S.
12-26-2005, 07:09 AM
I don't know how they handle lockers if they shut down (but generally even if they do go into a hard closure of the gate, things will reopen before park closing as people leave in the evening after the fireworks).

The park can be closed in a few ways. As they approach their hard capacity limit they may simply stop selling new admissions to the park, while still allowing in anybody that already has admission.

Then they will close the park to any new admissions while still allowing reentry.

Finally, if they're at the fire marshall mandated limit they'll stop letting anybody in at all and wait until a certain number of people leave before letting people back in.

That's my understanding anyway.

AlbertaMinnie
12-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Just don't leave! ha ha! If we need a break from the commotion of DL, we head over to Tom Sawyers Island. The kids will run around the island while my DH and I find a bench within the forest where he will lay his head on my lap and catch a quick snooze (we usually wear him out first!) I am quite happy to sit and take everything in. Even the kids (if they ever tire out) will take a few minutes to just sit, relax, grab a snack out of our pack and then everyone is refreshed and ready to go again. Just a suggestion though - and I guess it depends on the age of your kids and everything, but this works for us and we don't have to worry about being allowed back into the park.

ThomasCanty
12-26-2005, 08:28 AM
But, I can't go there without spending some time in DCA. I never get tired of seeing the Aladdin show.

AlbertaMinnie
12-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Good point. I don't get to visit often enough to really use the park hopper feature on my tickets......I see it as a waste of time to go from one park to the other on a single day, and we pretty much just allot full days to each park. I guess they really just have to "chance" being let back in if they leave...there must be so many factors that will determine their chances. Perhaps a back-up plan to shop or dine in dtd if they aren't allowed back in right away. Good Luck!

momuvseven
12-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Thank you for the answers. We are on our way tomorrow and really hoping for a good trip. We always seem to hit the park at the busiest times of the year but we are limited by school vacations like everyone else.