PDA

View Full Version : How are the crowds the first day of the year?

Chiidesu
12-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Has anybody gone to DLand on January 1st? I'm sure New Year's Eve is pretty darn crowded, but how about the next day? Is it as bad as the day before? I also think this is the day before all the kids go back to school... So... Opinions?:confused:

mkraemer
12-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Has anybody gone to DLand on January 1st? I'm sure New Year's Eve is pretty darn crowded, but how about the next day? Is it as bad as the day before? I also think this is the day before all the kids go back to school... So... Opinions?:confused:

If you go *early* (like when the park opens) on New Years Day, it's delightful. By noon, however, all the late-night revelers from NYE are finally up and moving and the park gets crowded. That's my take, from several years ago, and considering the crowds that have been at the park this entire season, all bets are off.

My kids don't go back to school until the Tuesday after New Years, FWIW. But it's probable that most people who've come for New Years will be packing up and heading home next Sunday. Or not. Who knows?

TowerofTerror
12-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Well I think it will be not too bad. I say it wont be at capacity like New Years Eve.

disneyhound
12-25-2005, 06:34 AM
DL is open 8:00AM - 12:00AM

DCA is open from 10:00AM to 10:00PM

These are generally their busiest day hours. They are expecting a big day! People in town for the Rose Parade... Get ready to be stunned at the mass humanity!

AlbertaMinnie
12-26-2005, 07:56 AM
We did it a few years ago....compared to New Years Eve, the New Years Day crowds were nothing! Aren't there football games or something that day? We found lots of moms with kids, perhaps getting them out of the house so dad could watch the games????? Just go early and have fun! Be prepared for crowds and you might be pleasantly surprised!