PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 key card?

Pages : [1] 2

mi_mous
12-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Ok, I was on this site that I am a part of, and you can work towards a trip to Disneyland.
They started talking about Club 33, cause I guess that is included in the trip, and they said that the only way you can get in is through an exclusive key card that is only given to 400 members.
So, are there really only 400 members???
And, I thought you only pressed a button, is there a key card option/ place?

Opus1guy
12-23-2005, 09:30 PM
400 is pretty much right on, though the number can go above or below that by some.

The Membership Card can be used to open the Club's main entrance, but there is also an intercom "Speak-Easy" that anyone can use. It's connected to a phone at the Receptionist's stand just inside.

mi_mous
12-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks for that info. I had just never heard about the key card thingy.

TowerofTerror
12-23-2005, 09:58 PM
wow i didnt know that before they have club 33 key

I love Peter Pan
12-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah. there's a little key card slot inside the door way. I saw it in May when I was taking a picture infront of the door!

Darkbeer
12-26-2005, 05:41 PM
The Key Card is only used by the actual member.

The Club 33 membership card is a multi-purpose card, first it is a Gate Pass, one that works for multiple folks. The turnstile CM scans the card like any other AP. It also works for getting FASTPASSes, and the discounts around the park (same as Premium AP holders). It is also a parking pass for anywhere in the DLR, including the hotel and DtD lots. And as mentioned above, it opens the front door for Club 33, without having to have the CM buzz you in (which is what happens if you have a reservation made by a member on your behalf.. aka the speaker system).

sunfun94
12-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Ok, so not to totally derail but....

We are going to club 33 for the first time for anyone in our group... I just want to triple check that the beginning cost for dinner ($60) is going to include our cost for admission to the park?? Can anyone that has had dinner resi's recently confirm this please?? I have spoken with DL and Guest Relations and thats what they said but I just dont want any surprises when we get there! lol.. THANKS!

disneyhound
12-27-2005, 02:34 PM
...the beginning cost for dinner ($60) is going to include our cost for admission to the park??... It costs $56 just to get into DL! I think $60/head is about the minimum you should plan on for your dinner!

sunfun94
12-27-2005, 02:38 PM
It costs $56 just to get into DL! I think $60/head is about the minimum you should plan on for your dinner!

LOL... exactly! SO you can imagine me wanting to make sure that we are not going to have to pay that amount twice! hee hee! :)

MammaSilva
12-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Ok, so not to totally derail but....

We are going to club 33 for the first time for anyone in our group... I just want to triple check that the beginning cost for dinner ($60) is going to include our cost for admission to the park?? Can anyone that has had dinner resi's recently confirm this please?? I have spoken with DL and Guest Relations and thats what they said but I just dont want any surprises when we get there! lol.. THANKS!

This is how our day went, my niece's hubby had to go to guest services, show his ID and he got our tickets, they say Club 33 complimentary good only on ..and had our date on them. They were park hoppers. When it came time for our ressie we went to the door, he buzzed the hostess and announced our party was outside. She opened the door and said it would be a few more moments before she was ready for us. In about 10 more minutes we got to go inside and wait in the downstairs lobby for a while longer. Then we went upstairs to our table. The staff are incredible!

As for your meal cost...if you budget about 75 dollars per person (not including tip) you'll be in the right time frame.

Sy-
12-27-2005, 05:50 PM
As for your meal cost...if you budget about 75 dollars per person (not including tip) you'll be in the right time frame.

Yeah, Don't disrespect the Club Member that got you in by forgetting to tip. You will recieve great service, and you will tip your waiter atleast 20-25%.

Also don't disrespect the establishment by dressing inappropriately. Collard shirts and slacks should be fine for dinner. Bring your sport coat too since it'll be cold anyways. If you need to wear shorts durring the day you can use your free parkhopper to go back to your hotel room to change before dinner.

~Sy

sunfun94
12-28-2005, 10:26 AM
THANK YOU everyone for your input! Im soooo very thankful and physched about the visit! I can always count on all of you from MP to give a girl some help! lol..
We hail from OC so unfortunatly we wont be able to take advantage of the opportunity to go back to a hotel but we are currently working on solving that issue. (As far as where we can keep our outfits and change for the evening) .. But knowing the proper amount for tip is very useful as well...

Ill let you know how it all went! :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....

MammaSilva
12-28-2005, 10:35 AM
You can leave your clothes in your car, ride the tram back to the parking area and use the bathrooms out there to change, or bring them and store them in the lockers out near the picnic area to change in the bathroom there and store the first set of clothes in the locker.

They are very kind and accepting of photographs being taken as long as you're not disturbing the other guests, the servers and bus people will gladly take pictures of your entire group if you ask nicely. I have shots of me with the bartender (where ELSE in the park can you get a pose with a bartender?) and our bus person cuz he so totally rocked! I also took the obligatory shot of the ladies room but totally forgot to get a shot of the telephone booth or to quietly go into the trophy room and snap a shot or two. So IF I ever get to go back I'm making a list LOL

Make a list of pictures you want for your album even if you're not a die hard scrapbooker like some of us, once you get inside the club you are so in awe that you forget til it's too late! If you ask nicely to borrow a pen, the wait staff will hand over a very nice black pen with Club 33 on it and if you're really lucky won't ask for it back :D I offered mine back to our server and was told to keep it, he didn't have to say it twice before it went into my purse!

Sy-
12-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Don't forget to buy as many souveniers as you can afford. My first trip there I forgot to buy them and didnt remember until I was walking down main st. Luckily my wife had to return to Cali for a buisness trip a few months later so I tagged along for the weekend and we were able to get back in to the Club. This time I didn't forget and ended up spending 5x more $$$ on the souveniers than i did on dinner, cause ya never know if it's gonna be your last visit!:eek:
~Sy

JookyG
12-30-2005, 11:44 AM
There's Club 33 merchandise??? Good grief, if I ever get in there, I'm going to be in trouble!

Osky
12-30-2005, 11:58 AM
There's Club 33 merchandise???

Unfortunately, it seems like a bunch of people buy up as much as they can afford, just to re-list it on ebay. There is a lot of stuff on ebay from Club 33 (http://collectibles.search-desc.ebay.com/club-33_Disneyana_W0QQampq3bsspagenameZhQ3ahQ3aadvsearc hQ3aUSQQcatrefZC5QQcatrefZC12QQfclZ3QQfromZR9QQfro mZR9QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfts Z2QQsacatZ137QQsacurZ0QQsaslopZ1QQsatitleZQ22clubQ 2033Q22QQsorefinesearchZ1QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEFSR CHQ3aSRCH).

MammaSilva
12-30-2005, 12:36 PM
There are lapel pins, ink pens, key chains, when we were there they had ears with the club logo (I had a pic of mine up as my avatar for a bit) they have shirts/fleece/windbreakers. They had several different glass/mugs, a travel martini set and some other stuff I don't remember all the items, but what amazed the group I was with was that the prices were actually very comparable with items out in the park. The key chain and pin were $10, the mickey ears were $15. The other stuff ran close to what you'd pay for the generic stuff out at the emporium!

Sy-
12-30-2005, 02:10 PM
My favourite club souveniers are my Club 33 Christmas ornament/ball. I get to stick that one right in the middle of the Christmas tree each year. Also the Mickey Tuxedo pin trader pin. People freak out if they see ya wearing it, like it's a carnal sin to take it out of the box. I once had someone offer me his whole lanyard for that 1 pin (He was a little on the crazy side)

~Sy

jasonknapp
12-30-2005, 02:47 PM
MammaSilva, I'm surprised to learn they made you wait outside. Isn't there anywhere inside to hang out? I'm on the waiting list to become a member (have been for a couple of years) and I always assumed that even if I couldn't get in for a meal there was somewhere I could go in and have a drink or something. Does anyone know if that is or isn't true?

MammaSilva
12-30-2005, 02:50 PM
I didn't see a "lounge" area, I know we buzzed, we waited about 10 minutes just out in the 'alley' by BB and the court of Angels...she opened the door and called our name, we went inside and stood in the lobby area, no bench or other seating except the steps and there was a family already inside and their teenager was sprawled (no kidding folks) on the stairs with the most "oh my goodness can we be done already look" on her face! We waited in that area at least 5/10 minutes but that was totally ok with me cuz I was busy taking tons of pictures and we chatted with the hostess who was so charming! She was an absolute doll!

KDR
12-30-2005, 04:24 PM
At dinner time the area just adjacent to the show bar is sometimes used as a lounge, especially if early guests have overstayed and are holding up tables for people with later reservations. Sometimes this area can have a table in it as well. It's the same area that's used for the cold food buffet during brunch.

Opus1guy
12-30-2005, 07:31 PM
MammaSilva, I'm surprised to learn they made you wait outside. Isn't there anywhere inside to hang out? I'm on the waiting list to become a member (have been for a couple of years) and I always assumed that even if I couldn't get in for a meal there was somewhere I could go in and have a drink or something. Does anyone know if that is or isn't true?

I'm afraid not. If you don't have a Reservation or the Club can not accommodate you as a last minute "walk-in" for a full meal, I'm afraid you'll be turned away even if you're a Member.

The downstairs reception lobby is very tiny and so early arrivals and sometimes even on-time arrivals have to wait outside a spell, due to congestion downstairs.

The long corridor leading to the Main Dining Room is actually called "Lounge Alley" but it's no longer used much as a true Lounge like in the old days. Sometimes they'll stage you there "on hold" so to speak and serve you cocktails. That usually occurs only when a Member is being delayed from being seated due to a slow-to-vacate prior table occupation of some length of time. Guest Reservation parties are almost never afforded that accommodation, as there are only a couple of tables in the Lounge and they tend to "hold" those for Member parties. If no Member parties are expected...yes...they'll sometimes hold Guest Reservation parties there for the same reason.

The Club no longer allows Members to just pop-in for a cocktail-only visit unless it's pre-arranged with the Manager for some special reason. It's been many years since a Member could just enter the Club and enjoy cocktails-only in the Lounge. Today...you're pretty much expected to have a full meal at the Club if you want to visit.

They will however, allow Members to pop-in just to purchase some merchandise during normal Club operating hours when meals are being served to the General Membership. If some other Member has reserved the entire Club for a Private Party, then they won't even allow that.

Laffite
12-31-2005, 12:48 AM
I think 400 is the number of individual memberships. Most memberships are coporate. At any rate more owners do extend their membership to their relatives and friends, which is how most real people actually get to experience the 33.

Tinkermommy
12-31-2005, 09:10 AM
I also took the obligatory shot of the ladies room but totally forgot to get a shot of the telephone booth or to quietly go into the trophy room and snap a shot or two.

I am SO relieved (no pun intended...LOL) to find out I'm not the only person who thought the ladies room worthy of a few pictures. (I did make sure the seat was down before I snapped the lovely toidy.)

We were fortunate to get to go early this year for my little girl's birthday, and they were incredibly kind to her! At the end of our meal, when other parties were leaving, they brought her a special birthday dessert, so we ended up being the last ones there. She had the camera, and they invited her to go into the other rooms and take all the pictures she wanted. She had such a wonderful time. It was great!

KDR
12-31-2005, 11:55 AM
To be honest, I think that's the most photographed toilet in the world. I'm truly serious.