PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Where's the magic ball?!?

SweenyTodd
03-25-2002, 07:44 AM
Apparently, they're really tweaking the fireworks. Last week they added some new elements (see my previous post), and that was cool.

However, this week I noticed that the glowing "magic ball" at the very beginning was missing. What's up with that? It's such a great way to start the show, nice and small, builds drama, and usually gets a lot of "oohs" and "ahhs" out of the crowd. I mean, it's the only part of the fireworks that gets people saying "how'd they DO that?"

So anyone know what's up? Is the magic ball out for refurbishment?

John

PS - Yeah, I know how they do the magic ball, but don't ruin it for anyone who doesn't. As my wife says "Why not just chalk it up to magic?"

zapppop
03-25-2002, 11:10 AM
Friday night the " magic ball " got stuck over the right hand side of the castle and wouldn't move or come down.

That's why it was missing over the weekend.

It'll be back soon.

TerryTiger
03-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Friday night the " magic ball " got stuck over the right hand side of the castle and wouldn't move or come down.

That's why it was missing over the weekend.

It'll be back soon.

I thought it was supposed to be the Blue Fairy. Kind of a bookend to TinkerBell at the finale...

zapppop
03-26-2002, 07:21 AM
It's not supposed to be any character; just a magic ball.

It was back last light.

Rallymonkey23
03-27-2002, 12:37 PM
I always thought it was a small version of Tinkerbell flying around the castle. If you look close at it, it looks like there are small wings flapping really fast.

zapppop
03-27-2002, 01:02 PM
Nope.
Tinkerbell makes only 1 appearance in the show.
The ball of light twinkles and moves but has no wings.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Rallymonkey23
03-27-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Nope.
Tinkerbell makes only 1 appearance in the show.
The ball of light twinkles and moves but has no wings.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Well now that really spoils the show for me now. Now that part makes no sense to me. Why even have it then?!?

TerryTiger
03-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23

Well now that really spoils the show for me now. Now that part makes no sense to me. Why even have it then?!?

I agree. It makes no sense unless it's a fairy zipping around the castle. Since Tink is at the finale, I'd still go with the Blue Fairy from Pinnochio - after all, she does lead off the Electrical Parade.

Not Afraid
03-28-2002, 11:41 PM
I believe the "magic ball" does forshadow Tink's flight later in the show, but it is not specific to a character. It brings to mind Tink, the Blue Fairy or another magical Disney creation - "there's magic in the stars, magic everywhere you are" - and sets the tone for the show.

zapppop
03-29-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I believe the "magic ball" does forshadow Tink's flight later in the show, but it is not specific to a character. It brings to mind Tink, the Blue Fairy or another magical Disney creation - "there's magic in the stars, magic everywhere you are" - and sets the tone for the show.
Exactly ! All it does is set the tone of the show & if you THINK it's a character, then that's up to you, but technically, it's not.

BTW, it's

" THERE'S MAGIC IN THE STARS, MAGIC EVERWHERE YOU LOOK "

disneynut ;)