PDA

View Full Version : Splash: End picture?

nightdesigns
12-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Are they ever going to fix the part on the end of the ride where they used to show your picture before you went into the loading area? Looks pretty cheesy when you stop there and you're looking up at a white screen with the owl talking to you and no image. It's been what, a few years now?

splashmtngurl
12-21-2005, 06:51 PM
its been like that for a long time but i think it would be better if they would just show you your picture on that space because it would give you a chance to look at your picture a little longer and really decide if you want it....*sigh* there are soooo many things i wish they would fix though.

Ursula Float in Fantasmic
End Picture on Splash
The Interactive Fountain in Tommorrowland---

ahhh....to bad everything cant be as it was when it was first made....lol

charpaul
12-22-2005, 01:57 AM
I have always heard that they stopped doing the preview there because some guests were doing "inappropriate" things for the photo (I think FLASH-MTN was the main theme..). There is not a lot of time to preview photos before you get to the owl AND they are visible to all the logs behind you in the ride. The new system at the end of the ride gives the CM's a chance to preview your photo before you get there.
SO - I do not think they will EVER bring back the photo preview IN the attraction with the owl.....

sandiegorob
12-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Now that makes sense. I just wish they would remove it. My kids always ask "where's our picture"?

TowerofTerror
12-22-2005, 10:47 AM
I like when you could see your picture at the end. Well I think it be like maybe 5 years or so since they last show your picture at the end before you got off the log.

mi_mous
12-22-2005, 01:59 PM
I have seen it where it shows your picture, and the owl is talking to you, saying nice picture or something.
I have also seen it where they just have the owl singing along to Zippity do-Dah as well, and no picture.
Another time, he was saying something about your picture, but there was no pictures being displayed.
The last time I went, he wasn't saying anything, and no pictures were being shown. But, his mouth was still moving.
They really do need to make a decision and stick with it!

Bolivar
12-22-2005, 02:03 PM
I won't post a link here, but there is a web site devoted to rude pictures from Splash Mountain.

ToursbabeC3po
12-22-2005, 02:21 PM
I have always heard that they stopped doing the preview there because some guests were doing "inappropriate" things for the photo

That is the reason but I think they need to remove the screen and the animatronic owl.

mi_mous
12-22-2005, 08:25 PM
I won't post a link here, but there is a web site devoted to rude pictures from Splash Mountain.

Yeah, I know of the website you are talking about. But, is that really a reason to take the owl and preview out of the ride?
I has some friends a long time ago do some sort of sign on the way down, and they revoked our picture, cause they were making signs with their hands (not gang signs either, I don't remember what they were doing.) But, when it came time to see our picture, the screen was black, with some explanation of that it was not available or something.. so they have to be able to check them and preview them before they hit that screen.

Durliin
12-23-2005, 09:42 AM
The reason the screen doesn’t show pictures is not because of "bad" pictures there is actually someone who screens the pictures and can block them from being viewed. the reason the screen doesn’t work is timing issues most the time the picture you would see would either be the log in front of you or 3 logs behind you. They are actually having problems with that in the regular viewing area now were the pictures wont show up for 5 minutes or come up really fast and no one sees there picture and they just stand there clogging up our exit. The owl just started talking again about 3 months ago and we all wish they would either turn his sound back off or change what he says.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-23-2005, 10:04 AM
I miss that picture too! I understand it not being there, but, it was fun to sit there and look at it and the owl would make comments about it. :)

nightdesigns
12-23-2005, 10:22 AM
The reason the screen doesn’t show pictures is not because of "bad" pictures there is actually someone who screens the pictures and can block them from being viewed. the reason the screen doesn’t work is timing issues most the time the picture you would see would either be the log in front of you or 3 logs behind you. They are actually having problems with that in the regular viewing area now were the pictures wont show up for 5 minutes or come up really fast and no one sees there picture and they just stand there clogging up our exit. The owl just started talking again about 3 months ago and we all wish they would either turn his sound back off or change what he says.

Wow and sucn an easy fix too, and not that expensive. Put a type of identifier on each log, either a barcode or something like they use for toll-road transponders which is read as you your picture is taken, and that log number is assigned to your picture number. As you pull up into the area where the owl is, the system will read the log number, and show the matching picture, and it can do the same as you pull into the loading area with a 15, 30, 45 second delay, however long it takes to get from the loading area to the viewing area.

This way too, if ride is going fast or slow that day, the pictures are always in synch. Seems like they could use a system to identify exactly where each log is located at any given time.