PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

Phantom2006
12-18-2005, 02:48 PM
I was just wondering how the Disneyland Resort will be on 12/31? I am planing to go. How are the crowds at DL and DCA? What time should I get there? Should I even try to go over to DCA? I want to be able to be in DL for the fireworks. And tips and advice will help. Thank You

scanmom
12-19-2005, 05:00 PM
I have never been at that time, mainly because I am too scared to go then!!!:eek: It is reportedly the busiest week of the year. And NYE wil be wall to wall people!!!! Be sure to get to the park EARLY and stay in the park that you want to be in at midnight..... do not leave or you will risk not being able to get back in. Have a fun time!!!!

spike
12-19-2005, 05:42 PM
My girlfriend and I went to DL last year for New Years Eve. Being AP holders we went after haveing dinner at home. Man was it busy! The only time I have been there with it busier was this past July for the official 50th thingy. Can't tell you about DCA though since we didn't go over there. Am I glad we went? Yes! Will we do it again? U'mm no, don't think so. One thing though. While ridding the tram into the park they were making announcements that they were going to stop all trams to the parking lot at 11:30. So we made sure we were on the 11:30 tram and watched the fire works from the top of the parking structure (since we were parked on that level). Hope this helps you.

Phantom2006
12-20-2005, 12:28 AM
While ridding the tram into the park they were making announcements that they were going to stop all trams to the parking lot at 11:30. So we made sure we were on the 11:30 tram and watched the fire works from the top of the parking structure (since we were parked on that level). Hope this helps you.

They stop the trams? Why? Do they just stop them for the fireworks then let them go again. I mean people have to get back to there cars. Yea I am planing i think just to stay in Disneyland all day. Try to go on a few rides in the morning before it is too busy. Thank You

nursemelis374
12-20-2005, 07:22 AM
We went last year and had a great time. The trams were running when we left the park at about 1:30. It was crowded, but I never felt it was insane. We arrived about 7.

dsnyredhead
12-20-2005, 08:36 AM
While ridding the tram into the park they were making announcements that they were going to stop all trams to the parking lot at 11:30. So we made sure we were on the 11:30 tram and watched the fire works from the top of the parking structure (since we were parked on that level). Hope this helps you.

I've heard that statement made before on a different day (July 4th I believe). In that case, they stopped them for about an hour. Then started them back up to get people back to the garage. It was mostly just to lighten up the tram loads during the mass exit out of the park after fireworks.

janell
12-20-2005, 05:57 PM
I've been at DL on New Years Eve for the past 15 years or so. Its always busy starting about 3:00pm or so. They have closed the gates as early at 4:00pm one year, so be in the park early.

Its a lot of fun, just don't try to do to much at night. Find a place you like that has a DJ or a good people watching spot and you'll have a great time. We use to sit by the corn dog place on Main Street, but there is no DJ anymore and they put trees to block the view in that area. Down by Its a Small World is nice.

I now spend the evening in DCA, its quiter and less people, but still all the fun. They still have the hats a noise makers. If you can, get a hotle room and stay for a few days, it makes it so much better and New Years day is quite. Well it normally is, this year the parade is on Monday so it might be more busy then in the past.

Hope you have a great time. Happy Holidays.:)

spike
12-20-2005, 06:43 PM
It was mostly just to lighten up the tram loads during the mass exit out of the park after fireworks.

That could be why. Makes sence. But if that's the plan don't make announcements that the last tram of the night departs the loading are at 11:30.

After discussions it seems like we will be there after all. DCA I think is where she wants to got his time.

Phantom2006
12-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Hey guys thanks. Good advice. I am really looking forward for it. I am not really planning to do alot of stuff, i just want to be apart of it. Happy Holidays everyone.

spike
12-21-2005, 12:29 AM
To tell the truth it was a blast last year! The only other place I felt that kind of vibe was in Vegas for 2000. You'll have a great time.

WITron
12-21-2005, 08:08 PM
When my wife and I went for New Year's Eve 99/00 we made sure to get a room close by and we just went and had a good time enjoying the atmosphere and hanging out on Main Street until midnight. We had gone a few years earlier and even though we lived about an hour and half from the park we were exhausted by the end of the night and had to search for a room. We did eventually find one, but it was a distance from the park. Best piece of advice go expecting not to do too much.

cstephens
12-23-2005, 10:37 AM
We have apparently lost our minds. After about 7 years of not going to the resort on New Year's Eve, we're going this year. The husband just made reservations this morning at a local hotel (with rates that were surprisingly not outrageous, given that it's for a Friday and Saturday night and New Year's Eve to boot). Hmmm, Dumbo at about 1am...

Andrew
12-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Hmmm, Dumbo at about 1am...
Don't forget the bubbles!

Malcon10t
12-23-2005, 02:31 PM
My girlfriend and I went to DL last year for New Years Eve. Being AP holders we went after haveing dinner at home. Man was it busy! The only time I have been there with it busier was this past July for the official 50th thingy. Can't tell you about DCA though since we didn't go over there. Am I glad we went? Yes! Will we do it again? U'mm no, don't think so. One thing though. While ridding the tram into the park they were making announcements that they were going to stop all trams to the parking lot at 11:30. So we made sure we were on the 11:30 tram and watched the fire works from the top of the parking structure (since we were parked on that level). Hope this helps you.We have been doing Disneyland for NYE for 10 years or so. Last year was a really light year. They didn't even have a turnstile closing. This year will be much worse (and we are here once again for it!)

mystycalchyk
12-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Well, we will be there (of course), in the hub (of course) so if anyone comes round look for us.

Im a bit sad because on of the our regular group and his wife wont be able to attend this year. He was the one Will and I met the very first time and we've been meeting every year since (8 years this year). Sad :( It started out as just the three of us and now we have a group of closer to 25 or 30.
*sigh*
Good times.

I will launch a beach ball in his and her honour :)

cstephens
12-26-2005, 10:42 PM
We have been doing Disneyland for NYE for 10 years or so. Last year was a really light year. They didn't even have a turnstile closing.

I expect last year's light crowds was because of the torrential downpours that happened pretty much all of December. I'm sure that deterred a lot of potential visitors. This year, we haven't had much rain, though the forecasted rain for NYE might chase off some people.