PDA

View Full Version : How Busy do you think it will be Today?

ToursbabeC3po
12-18-2005, 08:33 AM
I am a care giver for an adult with some mental issues that include not handling crowds very well and I was wondering if the parks would be very busy today?

SifuJustin
12-18-2005, 09:16 AM
The next couple weeks sound be pretty crazy in the parks. But I read a post on a travel web page that had interesting insight on how to possibly figure out when Disneyland expects the biggest crowds. Check out the AP section, and during the periods that the lower APs are blocked out, those are the days that Disneyland expects more regular paying guests.

Justin

ToursbabeC3po
12-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks! We have a deluxe pass and it is not blocked until next week. I might call guest relations and ask how busy it is just to be sure. Thanks again.
Jen

TowerofTerror
12-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey Well I say it will be very busy. I heard they reached capicity yesterday at the park. I say call ahead to see how the crowds will be.

ToursbabeC3po
12-18-2005, 10:06 PM
We went it was a mad house so we only stayed about 4 hours that is all he could take but we still had a great time. Thanks for your replies.

potzbie
12-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Remember, the aerospace companies (e.g., Northrup, Hughs, etc.) take off two consecutive weeks.

So even if your work commute is lighter in the next two weeks going across Los Angeles, part of the "problem" is that everyone in town, and everyone out of town, will want to visit Disneyland.

The Good News is that DCA will be empty because, well, it is DCA.
:crying:

THpoohbear
12-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Remember, the aerospace companies (e.g., Northrup, Hughs, etc.) take off two consecutive weeks.

While I agree about the work commute being lighter over the next couple of weeks, I believe that Northrup only gets one week off, between Christmas and New Years. My DH works for them. ;) Do the other companies get two?

cstephens
12-19-2005, 06:06 PM
The Good News is that DCA will be empty because, well, it is DCA.
:crying:

We were in DCA on Sunday, and it was far from empty.

Darkbeer
12-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Deogge's Mom said that Tower of Terror was a walk-on around 1:30 PM on Sunday, so it wasn't that busy.

Disneyland was "Nuts" in her opinion on the same afternoon.

(I didn't go, as I watched the Chargers beat up on the Colts instead :fez:

Amazing, that one park is getting to capacity or close to it, while DCA doesn't get any extra crowds...

Could that be a decision to not offer any real Christmas stuff, other than Santa Beach Blast (and that isn't Christmas to me, just a meet and greet)at DCA is hurting the park, or is it just the fact that people want to go to DIsneyland, and don't care about DCA?