PDA

View Full Version : Wenzel Trip Report

GrumpyUTboi
12-18-2005, 07:03 AM
Here is our trip report so far and if this is an indication of what to expect boy were might just want to pack up and stay at DL.

Two days before we left for DL all 6 Grumpys got really sick. The young Grumpys were throwing up like clock work. Thank goodness for a home with 3 bathrooms. So with that being said, back in March I was able to get U2 tickets for Mrs Grumpy and well with all of us being sick I gave the tickets away. 9 months of waiting for the concert and things happen, so I guess there is next time.

We decided to leave early for DL and as we were driving to DL I set the cruise control to 83 mph. As were passing a small town on the highway we got pulled over and got a ticket. Ugh! I just can't wait to get to DL and relax for a week and get away from everything.

donaldquackers
12-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Shame on you grumpy. You ought to know that all the small towns on the 15 get a lot of funding from the tickets. It's not safe to speed any where from Nephi to Cedar City. We were going down a few years back and a police car came soaring by us. About 10 miles later he was pulled over to the side and standing in the middle of the road and flagged over 9 cars that he had previously caught speeding. We thought when he passed us by that we were safe, but not so.

Crazy4DL
12-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Sucks about missing the concert Grumpy! Sorry you were all so sick. ICK!

Slow down ;) and have a wonderful week at Disneyland! :D

GrumpyUTboi
12-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Here is an update. We got to the hotel and my wife and I forgot to pack our kids clothes, so now we are headed to Wal-mart to buy all new clothes. Oh well.

mrscoach
12-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Grumpy - I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck so far, but look on the bright side! My Dad always says bad thing tend to happen in 3's. So here you go:

1) Illness causes you to miss U2 concert.

2) Speeding ticket.

3) Forgot kids clothes, have to buy new ones.

You should be home free now! Let us know how the parks are when you get there, and I hope you get 3 good surprises during your stay!

donaldquackers
12-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Ah. So you are there at last. Have a great time. The local Walmart has a lot of cool Disney things. Maybe you took advantage to get some souveniers there. I'd love to be out of this bitter cold. I can honestly say I would stay away from main Street during the snow, as I have had enough of it. Have fun.

Disneynerd
12-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Grumpy, I'm anxious to hear how you fogot to pack the kids clothes! It sounds like something my husband I would do. Oh well, you are there - and mrscoach is right, bad things come in 3's.

Shinku
12-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Think of it this way-- All the kids' clothes were full of the germs that made them sick in the first place. New clothes plus magic disney air will make everyone healthy and happy :)

Crazy4DL
12-18-2005, 08:22 PM
I am with Disneynerd, I want the scoop on the forgotten kids clothes! :~D ;)

Certainly your turn to have some good times! Go for it! :D

TowerofTerror
12-18-2005, 08:57 PM
I like to know the same about how it went on getting the kids clothes since you forgot to pack them.

asharpcook
12-18-2005, 11:01 PM
We forgot my son's shoes on a trip one time. We tend to take our shoes off in the car when we travel. DS didn't bother to put his on when we left..we got to a rest stop in the middle of no where and I told him to put on his shoes...his response was 'they're at home'..off to Wal Mart we go...
Now clothes, on the other hand.....! I want to hear this story too!
AS:~D