PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Pictures Backlot - Problems on Hollywood Blvd.

Darkbeer
12-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Since I have been taking photos of the area due to the construction, I have been paying extra attention of the area, and have noticed a lot of signage problems that should be addressed...

The Gone Hollywood sign, at the top are two clocks (one faces east, one west), both are not working.

Gone with the Chin Neon, the word Chin does not light up

Schmoozie's sign problems. They have two large neon signs, the west facing one is just fine, the south facing one needs some serious work, only three letters light up. Also, the cup neon, east facing is just fine, the west facing one, the eyes (Stars) do not light up. (Heck, they just had the signs under tarps).

The Hyperion Marquee, the center lower sign (Main Aladdin sign) does not light up, the two side panels (used for posting performnance times) are fine.

Hopefully these items will be fixed before the official Monsters, Inc. grand opening.

(And while they are at it, send the neon repair crew over to Dinosaur Jack ;)

Darkbeer
12-17-2005, 09:19 AM
Here is a new photo album that shows some of the problems...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1046505

Also, it has photos of the Electrical Parade's first day back for the Christmas season, plus photos of the Fireworks from the Paradise Pier Hotel's Pool deck, actually better than I thought for Fireworks watching.

Opus1guy
12-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Also...the wave machine was down yesterday. And they should sure replace that huge (previously) color photograph of Mary Poppins and Bert that's in the main display window of Off The Page. It's so washed out from sunlight that not only is there not any color left, but you can hardly make out the image itself! :(

Another Dimension
12-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Schmoozie's sign problems. They have two large neon signs, the west facing one is just fine, the south facing one needs some serious work, only three letters light up.

Oh yeah? Which three?

Also...the wave machine was down yesterday.

Wave machine was up today at noon, Cali was running 3 trains/1 side .. and there were no trim brakes right before the bunny hops on my ride. :cool:
The loop was still trimmed. :|

But to keep on topic for HPB...
Tower was 13 minutes, gave great airtime and for some reason this morning I really felt the positive G's on all the ups. Good stuff.

Darkbeer
12-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Which Three letters... Well, M, O and the last S....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1046505/1/48583605/Large

Some might say 4 letters, but that still leaves 6 letters broken.....

goober7011
01-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Sorry to pull up a dated thread, but i was just wondering if the paradise pier pool deck is free for anyone to go up on to watch the fireworks? If so how do you get up there?
Thanks
Goober

evrythngwmn
01-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Also...the wave machine was down yesterday. And they should sure replace that huge (previously) color photograph of Mary Poppins and Bert that's in the main display window of Off The Page. It's so washed out from sunlight that not only is there not any color left, but you can hardly make out the image itself! :(

Problem fixed. Go and look. Ask and ye shall receive and all that stuff.:D

hlbtimes2
01-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Sorry to pull up a dated thread, but i was just wondering if the paradise pier pool deck is free for anyone to go up on to watch the fireworks? If so how do you get up there?
Thanks
Goober

You need a room key to open the gate. So, unless you are a guest, you can't get in. If you are a guest, then yes, its open to everyone staying there.

Darkbeer
01-08-2006, 10:12 PM
You need a room key to open the gate. So, unless you are a guest, you can't get in. If you are a guest, then yes, its open to everyone staying there.

The Fireworks viewing area is OUTSIDE the pool gates, so anyone can go watch.

In fact, I have walked thru pool area without a key, there are many gates, and I doubt they have added key card readers since the last time we went to check the area.

spectromen
01-09-2006, 09:34 AM
With regard to the Schmoozies sign, I noticed last night that not only were certain letters not working, but the neon on those letters was flat out GONE. It looks like some accident occurred that took out the actual glass tubes :confused:

evrythngwmn
01-11-2006, 08:31 AM
With regard to the Schmoozies sign, I noticed last night that not only were certain letters not working, but the neon on those letters was flat out GONE. It looks like some accident occurred that took out the actual glass tubes :confused:

Probably happened during all the construction.