PDA

View Full Version : 12/16 Fantasmic! cancelled

Pages : [1] 2

sierranevada
12-16-2005, 09:07 PM
We just got back to our room at the DLH. We had riverfront seats for the 9:00 pm Fantasmic! About 7-8 minutes into it, a speedboat went racing across the ROA. The show was then stopped and cancelled. Any CM's know why?

The Mouse Is Back
12-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Don't know if this is related but at right around that time we were passing by and an ambulance (siren and lights) was rushing into DL...

-Allegra-

HorizonsA
12-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Fantasmic! cancelled

OMG, it's the end of the world!

The Mouse Is Back
12-16-2005, 10:38 PM
OMG, it's the end of the world!

Is that how you respond to curiosity from customers at the Disney Store, too?

:|

-Allegra

AaronInCal
12-17-2005, 02:31 AM
I would bet it was because of the Sailing Ship Columbia. The 10:30 show went on like normal, but the Columbia had no on-board lighting at all. The performers on the boat were only lit from the light towers around the river. It was also being pushed by that boat you may have seen in the first show. Something must have happened during the first show to cause them to cancel it, but they got things to where they could have the 10:30 show.

disneyhound
12-17-2005, 05:49 AM
OMG, it's the end of the world! Wow!? You took that to an extreme! I would be equally disapointed if Fantasmic got cancelled during our upcoming visit. A lot of work has gone into our vacation to DL, we have Fantasmic Balcony seats! If the show we are scheduled to attend next month does get cancelled, and I post a new thread asking some people who might know the reason, maybe you can skip the thread if you have nothing but an wisecrack to offer...

TDBearGrrl
12-17-2005, 06:12 AM
Did they have three shows scheduled last night? After dinner at the BB we were heading over to use our HMH FP and the show was going... After we got out of HMH and were heading around the ROA the fireworks started so it could not have been the 10:00 show... HHHMMMM...

Susan L
12-17-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry to here that Fantasmic was cancelled. I have a question. If Fantasmic gets cancelled and you have paid seating do you get a refund? We are planning on doing the balcany seating for our next visit.

Darkbeer
12-17-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm sorry to here that Fantasmic was cancelled. I have a question. If Fantasmic gets cancelled and you have paid seating do you get a refund? We are planning on doing the balcany seating for our next visit.

Yes, the staff will direct you to City Hall to have the refund processed, so hang onto those tickets and receipts.

HorizonsA
12-17-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry, but everytime Tinker Bell doesn't show up during the fireworks, everyone has to make such a big deal about. I don't know how many times she hasn't shown up, but Disney has their reasons for cancelling her role in the show. Everytime the fireworks get cancelled, everyone has to make a big deal about that and then everyone just has to know why when it is generally the same reason. Why does everyone have to know why a show was cancelled? I mean, it's usually always the same reason: Safety. That's probably why Tinker Bell doesn't show up for some shows, because Disney is concerned for her safety and doesn't think she should fly that night. She does, after all, fly really close to some fireworks going off from the Castle. Fantasmic! is a major show with fireworks and massive props, including the Sailing Ship Columbia where some Cast Members could easily fall. Someone mentioned they saw a ambulance in Disneyland around the same time; obviously, a Cast Member may have been hurt, so Disney most likely cancelled Fantasmic! with everyone elses safety in mind.

I knew I would get attacked and yelled at by others for what I said, but I didn't care and could care less if it continues after I post this. I shouldn't be ashamed for expressing my opinion.

Osky
12-17-2005, 11:24 AM
No one would have attacked you if you posted this the first time.

samkj
12-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I understand your point, but this particular situation was different. The show had already started, then was cancelled. There is a big difference between that and the shows being cancelled prior to the start.

There are ways to express opinions while respecting others.

disneyhound
12-17-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm sorry...Why does everyone have to know why a show was cancelled?... sierranevada is not "everybody", but someone who had booked tickets for the show, an additional expense beyond park admission. Further, sierranevada took the time to post and start this thread.

adriennek
12-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Everytime the fireworks get cancelled, everyone has to make a big deal about that and then everyone just has to know why when it is generally the same reason. Why does everyone have to know why a show was cancelled? I mean, it's usually always the same reason: Safety.

snip to

Fantasmic! is a major show with fireworks and massive props, including the Sailing Ship Columbia where some Cast Members could easily fall. Someone mentioned they saw a ambulance in Disneyland around the same time; obviously, a Cast Member may have been hurt, so Disney most likely cancelled Fantasmic! with everyone elses safety in mind.

Personally, I really appreciate most of the CMs at Disney and as a human, I would be concerned and wondering if a CM got hurt and how that CM is doing. I think this question is no less valid than "Can anyone tell me how the crowds are going to be on Wednesday, March 22?" Or "Can anyone tell me how the crowds were today (Friday) because I'm going next Wednesday?"

It's just a curiosity. I didn't see the question as an end-of-the-world over-reaction myself.

Adrienne

sierranevada
12-17-2005, 01:48 PM
This board has always been a wealth of information for me regarding all things Disney so I felt it was only natural that I would post here to see if anyone knew what had happened. So no HorizonsA, I did not think it was the end of the world. I think that most people would ask the same question if they went to a show, movie, play, sports game or even an airflight and were told that it was cancelled. Just because you ask why doesn't mean you are making a big deal of it. If you don't like the question, please feel free to not respond.

Obviously I was disappointed - mainly because my husband and friends and never seen the show, much less from reserved seats. I was a little worried when I saw the boat racing by - hoping that someone was not hurt. I hope that AaronInCal is right and it was just a lighting technicality. I know things happen and we certainly did not make a fuss with the CM's - after all, it is not their fault. They were gracious and apologetic and it only took about 5 minutes to get the refunds issued at City Hall.

We have been traveling home today (airports are starting to get crowded!) so just now read the responses - thanks to everyone else for understanding my curiousity. ;)

Alex S.
12-17-2005, 04:39 PM
AaronInCal was correct. Just prior to its introduction to the show, the Sailing Ship Columbia lost all power and could not move. In this situation it is not able to get out of the way for any of the other show elements behind it.

For the next show they tugged it around the river.

Susan L
12-17-2005, 05:27 PM
AaronInCal was correct. Just prior to its introduction to the show, the Sailing Ship Columbia lost all power and could not move. In this situation it is not able to get out of the way for any of the other show elements behind it.

For the next show they tugged it around the river.

Mystery solved. Thanks Darkbeer for answering my question on refund, these are good things to know.

DianeM
12-17-2005, 06:35 PM
The only problem I see with this is that the poster you were responding to was NOT making a big deal out of the cancellation of fantasmic, but was simply asking a question. Reacting angrily to this post because other people make a big deal out of fireworks cancellations is inappropriate. You shoudln't be ashamed at expressing your opinion, but you could be a bit ashamed of reacting in a hostile manner to someone who didn't deserve it. If you want to rant about how some people overreact to show cancellations, please do so, but reserve your ire for those who make your life difficult.

I knew I would get attacked and yelled at by others for what I said, but I didn't care and could care less if it continues after I post this. I shouldn't be ashamed for expressing my opinion.

The Mouse Is Back
12-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Then again...if a post on an internet message board makes someone's life difficult, that person needs to get out more.

:p

-Allegra-

Phantom2006
12-17-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm sorry, but everytime Tinker Bell doesn't show up during the fireworks, everyone has to make such a big deal about. I don't know how many times she hasn't shown up, but Disney has their reasons for cancelling her role in the show. Everytime the fireworks get cancelled, everyone has to make a big deal about that and then everyone just has to know why when it is generally the same reason. Why does everyone have to know why a show was cancelled? I mean, it's usually always the same reason: Safety. That's probably why Tinker Bell doesn't show up for some shows, because Disney is concerned for her safety and doesn't think she should fly that night. She does, after all, fly really close to some fireworks going off from the Castle. Fantasmic! is a major show with fireworks and massive props, including the Sailing Ship Columbia where some Cast Members could easily fall. Someone mentioned they saw a ambulance in Disneyland around the same time; obviously, a Cast Member may have been hurt, so Disney most likely cancelled Fantasmic! with everyone elses safety in mind.

I completely agree with you. I can see why people get angry when the fireworks are cancelled. When somebody comes to Disneyland for the first time in 5 years or ever, they want to see the fireworks. When the fireworks are cancelled its a let down. But I know Disney has there reasons for there decisions. I have watched the fireworks when there was some what of a wind. The fireworks do move fast, when i saw them they were moving towards us.

HorizonsA
12-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Talk about not letting something go.

Does everyone need to tell me how much I'm awful and scum?

You know, just to clarify, when I said it was the end of the world, I didn't literally mean it was the end of the world. :rolleyes:

Pooh bear
12-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Talk about not letting something go.

Does everyone need to tell me how much I'm awful and scum?

You know, just to clarify, when I said it was the end of the world, I didn't literally mean it was the end of the world. :rolleyes:

Dude you have issues!!!!

disneyhound
12-18-2005, 06:16 AM
...You know, just to clarify, when I said it was the end of the world, I didn't literally mean it was the end of the world. :rolleyes:

Really, we stopped all our Christmas shopping, and started eating up the canned goods... Thanks A Lot!:p

Crazy4DL
12-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Really, we stopped all our Christmas shopping, and started eating up the canned goods... Thanks A Lot!:p

LOL!!!!

Tinkermommy
12-18-2005, 09:26 AM

I think you're supposed to start with the stuff in the freezer...LOL!!!
;)