PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Music loop in Main Street

Mickey
12-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Yesterday I went into the disney music store on main street and asked for the music that is playing all day long in the main street - hub area.
The CM showed me a cd called "The spirit of christmas" but that was not for sale. It was like a burned cd with
several artists, and I was wondering how to get it. I know that it's probably not for sale or even exist because it's a compilation that the park made.
But anyone knows the name of the artists that play the instrumental christmas music at disneyland?
Probably I can download them as single tracks from internet.
Thanks alot! :)

AVP
12-16-2005, 07:39 PM
The CM showed me a cd called "The spirit of christmas" but that was not for sale. It was like a burned cd with
several artists, and I was wondering how to get it. I don't know who put that CD together, but I know it's an annual passholder who has distributed lots of copies to Disneyland cast members. Perhaps you'll find someone who has a spare. I have a copy, and it is pretty much the entire Main Street holiday music loop.

AVP

Mickey
12-17-2005, 10:38 AM
I don't know who put that CD together, but I know it's an annual passholder who has distributed lots of copies to Disneyland cast members. Perhaps you'll find someone who has a spare. I have a copy, and it is pretty much the entire Main Street holiday music loop.

AVP

Well actually im interested only on these tracks: White Christmas and chestnuts roasting on an open fire can you help me out with the name of the artists? Thank you!!!

adriennek
12-17-2005, 11:47 AM
I think one of my all time favorite Christmas songs is that little instrumental version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer from the loop. It always makes me feel happy when I hear it. :D Yes, I feel like a dork.

Adrienne

bartender925
12-17-2005, 12:22 PM
I actually have a lot of this music....A lot of the music, believe it or not, is some old Lawrence Welk stuff, including the Rudolph song that you mentioned. A lot of the other music is from an artist named Lita Ford, and the CD is "A Music Box Christmas" .....When we went to Club 33 last week, it was funny to hear the same music while we were waiting to go up the elevator. Actually, it made the music all the more special to me. Anyways, If we can find a way to share the music "legally"...lol....I would be happy to. Just let me know.

Mommy2NicknMax
12-17-2005, 02:54 PM
artist named Lita Ford
Rita Ford?

Sorry I couldn't resist. ;)

For the OP, here's a site that may help.

Christmas Music Loop
(http://www.whaleweb.net/kirsten/dml/) Click on Disneyland, then Main Street, then Christmas Loop. For some reason I couldn't link directly to the Christmas list.

TikiGeek
12-17-2005, 03:08 PM
First rule of "The Spirit of Christmas" CD is don't talk/post about "The Spirit of Christmas" CD. I'm sure no Disney CM or any other persons who work for Disney know anything about distributing that mythical CD. The CD's are passed friend to friend just like any other bootleg CD. ;)

BTW - Frank Chacksfield is the artist that does White Christmas on the DL Christmas loop.

Mickey
12-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Rita Ford?

Christmas Music Loop
(http://www.whaleweb.net/kirsten/dml/) Click on Disneyland, then Main Street, then Christmas Loop. For some reason I couldn't link directly to the Christmas list.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU AND YES THIS IS THE LIST ON THE CD THE CM SHOWED ME IN THE STORE!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!:eek: ;)

AVP
12-17-2005, 04:54 PM
First rule of "The Spirit of Christmas" CD is don't talk/post about "The Spirit of Christmas" CD. You know, if this CD was something that was passed it from friend to friend under cover of darkness after receiving the secret handshake I *might* understand your concern, but I honestly have to say that whomever it is that is distributing this thing either does not know or does not care exactly how MANY people know about it.

Example: I walked into a certain store on Main Street and noticed they were playing the Main Street Christmas music on their own internal music system. (A cd player stashed under a fixture). A Cast Member who DOES NOT KNOW ME, (yes, there are at least two) said "Oh, someone came along and passed out copies of it to all of us, so we decided to play it. You might ask the Music Shop if they have an extra copy you can have. They had stacks of them in there last week!"

So, if this is supposed to be some big honkin' secret, it's leaked pretty far and wide.

Oh, and I got my copy last year. Wasn't a secret then, either.

AVP

TikiGeek
12-17-2005, 10:40 PM
http://www.davemcgraw.com/Images/clueometer.gif (http://www.wm8c.com/radio_clip_art.htm)

bartender925
12-18-2005, 06:46 AM
Rita Ford?

Christmas Music Loop

Well....I was close...lol :geek:

Mickey
12-18-2005, 01:29 PM
You know, if this CD was something that was passed it from friend to friend under cover of darkness after receiving the secret handshake I *might* understand your concern, but I honestly have to say that whomever it is that is distributing this thing either does not know or does not care exactly how MANY people know about it.

Example: I walked into a certain store on Main Street and noticed they were playing the Main Street Christmas music on their own internal music system. (A cd player stashed under a fixture). A Cast Member who DOES NOT KNOW ME, (yes, there are at least two) said "Oh, someone came along and passed out copies of it to all of us, so we decided to play it. You might ask the Music Shop if they have an extra copy you can have. They had stacks of them in there last week!"

So, if this is supposed to be some big honkin' secret, it's leaked pretty far and wide.

Oh, and I got my copy last year. Wasn't a secret then, either.

AVP

So actually if I go in that store ( if they have a copy) and ask for a cd they can probably let me have one? (What do I have to say?)
I went in the link above but cant find the music online. I found a track of Lawrence but it's not instrumental like the ones on main street.
I really want a copy of this CD. Can you help me ?
Thanks!

Dr. G
12-21-2005, 12:46 PM
I'd love to hear this loop. Does anyone know if any online stations are playing it (Live365 or other streaming sites?).

It's too bad Disney doesn't make this music available--I'd love to have a copy.

Any help would be appreciated!

pisces
01-19-2006, 08:07 AM
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al112105a.htm

Opus1guy
01-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Some of you audiophiles might be interested to know that I own a brand new, original Columbia Records manufacturer, mint condition, unopened, still shrink wrapped recording of "A Music Box Christmas"...on 8-Track cartridge!!!

:)

The very first time I heard this album (and waaaaaay before it started appearing on tape loops out in the Park) was at Club 33 at Xmas season. It was their "official" Christmas music loop for many years.

After I first heard it I asked the Club for the album name and artist and I ran out and purchased several LP Records and 8-Track tapes to give out as gifts. BTW I remember it was very hard to locate even a few copies that first year.

Anyway, I seem to still have one of the 8-Tracks left, unopened! Now if I can just find an 8-Track Player that still works...I can try to play it and hope it doesn't jam on the first spin. ;)

pisces
01-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Is that Rita Ford's?

What we all need is the David Rose Christmas Album.

I've been searching all the used music stores.

I'm going to have to write to Disneyland----and it takes a lot for me to write an actual letter, to anyone-----telling them to release the "The Spirit of Christmas" CD.......to the public.

Those are very rare songs.

disneymom-3
01-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Where is the Music Shop? Will they hand out the CD if they have it?

pisces
01-19-2006, 09:06 AM
I see they have something called "CD on Demand" where they burn the CDs, right there on Main Street, for hard-to-find and out-of-print items.

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=258

And, I am demanding that Main Street Christmas Loop.

stan4d_steph
01-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Where is the Music Shop? Will they hand out the CD if they have it?It's on Main St., on the right as you head toward the castle, between the Magic Shop and Disneyana.

pisces
01-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Where is the Music Shop? Will they hand out the CD if they have it?

Why don't you just call them? Or, write, and see if they will mail it to you. That's what I'm going to do.

TENORDRUMMER
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Hey everyone,

I bought both the regular Main street music loop and the Christmas music loop from a gentleman from one of the Disney show and sales at a local hotel. I also bought the Main Gate music loops which encompass 1972-1992, 2001, and 2002 loops. they are awesome.