PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin Fantasmic Etc. [qualifications for show crew]

LockShockNBarrel
12-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, I've tried this post before but I'm going to try again... I'm wondering if anyone knows (or knows anybody) that could tell me what type of credential it takes to work on the crew of a Disney show in one of the parks... :) I'm talking any of the stage type of shows... like Say Aladdin, Fantasmic etc. I'm looking towards a career in technical theatre so just thought MAYBE... any help would be GREAT! ;)

leotatoombs
12-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, I've tried this post before but I'm going to try again... I'm wondering if anyone knows (or knows anybody) that could tell me what type of credential it takes to work on the crew of a Disney show in one of the parks... :) I'm talking any of the stage type of shows... like Say Aladdin, Fantasmic etc. I'm looking towards a career in technical theatre so just thought MAYBE... any help would be GREAT! ;)I don't know if they look for credential! But I do know they look for people interested in that field and have auditions for that type of thing.(Except for fireworks show maybe) for people who do props and drive floats. One of the things they have you do at auditions is drive one of the chasis of the lightning bugs from electrical parade through a obstacle course.
:cool:

Andrew
12-15-2005, 10:46 PM
One of the things they have you do at auditions is drive one of the chasis of the lightning bugs from electrical parade through a obstacle course.
:cool:
I'd apply for the job even if I didn't want it just for the chance to do that.

leotatoombs
12-15-2005, 10:57 PM
I'd apply for the job even if I didn't want it just for the chance to do that.You know I have a few friends that still work there and didn't really go into it for the job just the chance to drive the whirly bug float!
:D

LockShockNBarrel
12-17-2005, 01:40 PM
haha... I agree - a drivers course in whirly bug floats does sound like a nice day... :rolleyes: