PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss Luminaria?

disneyfn
12-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Just for old time sake,I listened to the Luminaria soundtrack and found I really liked it and it made me a bit sad that we don't have it anymore during Christmas season. Yes I know the fireworks and smoke were a bit too much for that small area.Just think if they could have launched fireworks like Disneyland and had boats in the water with characters on board dressed for Christmas circling the pier area.Anyway Merry Christmas everyone and as they say in Luminaria,"Let your light shine".:fez:

Darkbeer
12-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I don't miss it at all, the music was creepy, especially the start, and the seating for the show was AWFUL, add to that the smoke....

It is a shame they couldn't come up with something new and better, but thank goodness Luminaria is in Yesterland (Does DCA even have a Yesterland???)

Opus1guy
12-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Honestly...first I ever heard of it. So I certainly can't say I miss it.

;)

The Genii
12-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I had the misfortune to see Luminaria one evening (about five years ago I think). What a chaotic and underwhelming mess. It was the first truly pitiful show I've ever seen at any Disney Resort anywhere in the world.
Good riddance!

Another Dimension
12-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah I miss it. The music is still cool, despite the little kids voices.

Guest Control was handled very badly (if that's ever a surprise, :p), seating wasn't great but I had no problem getting great views for the 3 shows i waited for.

The low level slow burn fireworks needed further tweaking, the barely exciting 'rising' Christmas tree and 'bay candles' needed to be a lot more extravagant for the size of the bay and the wrapped presents/video screens also needed to be much larger to create a better effect.

But otherwise, it was ok and cool for what it was IMO. My only real complaint was the showtime length of Luminaria. Ya had to wait 30-60 minutes before showtime for decent seats/good view and the show was only 10 minutes long.
Waiting that long for Remember or F! or even Believe quality and length shows or a popular parade is no problem for me. But even though I liked Luminaria a lot, waiting that long for a Luminaria-length show, was kinda weak.

It should of, and could of been so much more, Guest Control should have been handled much better and much less strict (it's a simple 10 minute bay show that should have run several times a night, not Candlelight, F! or July 17th!) and the excessive low level slow burn pyro should have been engineered better and definitely some fountains and lasers used.

L! was cool and 'was another Davison winner' IMO when I saw it and while it lasted, but it should have been tweaked more over time and should/could have been much much better.

Maybe someday Luminaria 2, or something, will be better in Paradise Bay.

It doesn't take a visionary or theme park genius to realize that BAY NEEDS A NIGHT TIME SHOW BEFORE 2007. :cool:

newhdplayer
12-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Luminaria was the best show ever. I miss it every time we go to DCA.

AB29
12-15-2005, 08:49 PM
New Years' Eve will bring a mini-Luminaria to the DCA Lagoon. A brief celebration pyro at midnight will be shot from DCA this year, ENJOY!

PragmaticIdealist
12-16-2005, 10:24 AM
The show was a little redundant. Some of the same music was even used in "Believe...".

I think a show celebrating the year in review, as well as the coming new year might provide better subject matter for D.C.A. to undertake.

spectromen
12-16-2005, 01:05 PM
I loved the candles on the water and the huge glowing lights on Screamin', both of which I think should be reused another way, but other than that, it was toast.

DCACM
12-18-2005, 09:38 PM
It had potential. I wish they would have given it another chance (after some major re-tooling). I too recentl re-listened to the soundtrack and was sad no effort was put in to fixing it.