PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about Monsters Inc Ride?

ArielleBelle
12-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Does anyone know anything about this ride?
When is it supposed to open?
What park is it in?

T&Rshep
12-15-2005, 04:14 PM
The Monsters Inc Ride is in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of California Adventure. I think soft openings are starting at the end of January, but I'm not sure. I did get a chance to look at the vehicle's this weekend while on the monorail, and they looked like taxi cabs. Other than that, that's all I know.

chrisaustx
12-15-2005, 04:20 PM
I work for a vendor on the ride, I have seen many of the show elements layed out on the floor at my company. Disneyland spent tons of money on the ride. Rumor has it, next week, walk to Hollywood Pictures backlot and you may be pleasantly surprised as to what you see open.

Darkbeer
12-15-2005, 05:18 PM
The official opening is sometime around January 27th, maybe the 23rd... The Media event is still being finalized, as they are trying to get a good time for some celebrities to show up.

Right now, no previews are being offered to CM's, a few got to ride last week, but they stopped doing them to finish up a few items that needed to be addressed.

Once they think it is finished, the first few days will be offered just to CM's, both to test the ride, and to train the CM's that will operate the ride.

While there might be soft openings for guests, I think the next few days are a bit too optimistic, and early January is a better time frame for soft openings for park guests.

This doesn't mean to walk by the entrance, as they might be offering gusts a chance to ride.

But I would not make a special trip. And of course, once they start offering park guests a chance to ride, MousePlanet will have a thread talking about, so just check back here!

Niwel
12-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Apparently there will be some sort of preview during the WDW Xmas parade on the 25th on ABC. Likely they'll have concept art/graphic -- but I hope they let us in the ride to see what it looks like since they won't have a chance for that size audience for quite a while.

kisroo
12-15-2005, 07:52 PM
The 12-1-05 Official Disneyland Podcast had information and an interview with one of the Imagineers. It gave some idea of the ride. Sounds pretty cool!! :cool:

~kisroo:)

notlemc
12-15-2005, 10:27 PM
here is the info about the ride (mostly taken from the podcast):
Highlight the text below to view the spoilers:

-It will be the only disneyland ride where you the ride takes you through a bathroom scene
-The queue area is supposed to be like a taxi cab or public transportation station
-There will be over 40 characters in the ride (a typical ride has about 20)
-The Roz character at the end will be like Crush and will interact with you
-The sweater for Roz was hand nitted
-Randel will be featured in several of the scenes
-He will appear and disappear right before your eyes (A reverse Haunted Manison ghost effect (the pepper effect I believe)
-In one scene, Boo will hit him on the head with a bat and he will change colors as she hits him (exactly like the scene in the movie)
-A majority of the original voices will return (Including Billy Crystal and John Goodman among others)
-The storyboard for the ride originally came from screen shots from the movie therefore a majority of the scenes will look very close to the scenes in the actual movie
-The ride is fast pased even though the cars are moving slow

TowerofTerror
12-16-2005, 01:25 AM
Cat Preview are January 7th. I have a friend that works at the park and today 12/15/05 she could go and get cast preview tickets. Well that the latest I have to say about Monster Inc beside I know several cast members that will actually be working that attractions when it opens up.

disneyhound
12-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Some CM's have been on the new DCA attraction:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16293

tink360
12-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Great info, disneyhound. Thanks for posting!

GeminiAngel
12-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Anyone with info on soft openings? I'll be there in mid Feb. would love to ride!!

Darkbeer
12-17-2005, 10:02 AM
The official Grand Opening hasn't been announced, but should happen sometime between the 23rd and 27th of January, so you will have no worries.

Currently, they started to give some CM's a sneak peek, but the ride is still not finished. Until that happens, guests will not be offered a chance at Soft Openings. My guess, I wouldn't plan on them until after the first of the year...

TahoeBob
12-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Ok I have failed to keep up on all the new stuff going on in CDA. I read about Monsters Inc. and then someone posts stuff on Mike and Sully. I never saw the movie Monsters Inc so I really don't have a clue as to what is going on. Is Mike and Sully from Monsters, are they different stories, is it just a dream in my head. is it one ride or two, where is it going? I never road SSL, but I did win some stuff in WWTBAM, and what is going to be in that space.

please help me someone!!!

CrazyTrain
12-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Mike and Sully are in the movie Monsters Inc. There is one ride based on that movie. It is called Monsters Inc: Mike and Sully to the Resuce. It's in the SSL building.

No clue what they're doing with the WWTBAM building!
HTH :)

GeminiAngel
12-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Thanks Darkbeer!!!!

AVP
12-17-2005, 04:19 PM
I just heard there *may* be soft openings on Tuesday, so we'll see.

AVP

potzbie
12-17-2005, 05:18 PM
You can rent the movie ("Monsters, Inc.")

In the County of Los Angeles, the public library system allows patrons to borrow DVDs and video tapes for free.
You might as well satisfy your curiosity directly.
The ancillary characters of the ride (assuming the characters are used in the ride) will confuse you, if you don't know the Good Guys from the Bad Guys.

The "villian" is "Boo", the 3-year old girl.
(I mean, she is the cause of all the turmoil in the city, and the trigger to the government agency crack-down.)

If you did not know that, then you will wonder why a non-talking child is the focus of all these monsters.
(I mean, if "Mike and Sully Save The Day," then you will wonder FROM WHAT or FROM WHOM Mike and Sully is saving the day.)

chrisaustx
12-17-2005, 09:12 PM
I am a vendor on the Monsters Inc. ride, many folks from our company have ridden on the ride and loved it. The word on street from Hollywood Backlot is, there might be a Christmas present coming your way at the end of this coming week. But of course all subject to change, so don't make a speical trip, but if you are there you may want to take a peek to see what may open for Christmas.

GeminiAngel
12-18-2005, 03:47 AM
DD was always scared of the movie. finally we watched the whole film in Aug. and have seen it about a million times now. Can't Wait!!! I think its a clever movie.