PDA

View Full Version : Free Refills in the park

karebear
12-15-2005, 03:21 PM
I was at Disneyland 2 weeks ago and found out that you get free refills at the Pizza Port. I tried it with 2 different CMs that day and it worked both times. I am going to test it out again tomorrow. I never saw anyone post this, so I thought I would let all of those people trying to save a few bucks at Disneyland.

Osky
12-15-2005, 03:24 PM
That is their policy at locations where you get your own drinks. BTW, there is also free refills on coffee all day long (with receipt) from the Market House on Main street.

WITron
12-15-2005, 08:35 PM
We ate at Rancho Del Zolaco and you also get free refills there. I think there are a couple of other restraunts were you server yourself the drinks, but I am not sure which ones.

SoCalSteven
12-16-2005, 12:23 AM
I know you can get free refills at the French Market.

DaddyB
12-16-2005, 06:08 AM
One time when eating at Redd Rocketts, I sat in their outside patio (at the front) and as I was walking to the door to get a refill, they did the closing announcement. The castmember at the door refused me entry to get a refill! No matter how much I tried to get him to listen and understand I'd be in the restaurant about 30 seconds (and there were still a good 50 people in their) he wouldn't let me in the door!

Boy, I was so cheesed!

disneyhound
12-16-2005, 08:44 AM
One time when eating at Redd Rocketts, I sat in their outside patio (at the front) and as I was walking to the door to get a refill, they did the closing announcement. The castmember at the door refused me entry to get a refill! No matter how much I tried to get him to listen and understand I'd be in the restaurant about 30 seconds (and there were still a good 50 people in their) he wouldn't let me in the door!

Boy, I was so cheesed!

I think I would have said something like, "Look pal, my kid's inside, and walked past the CM". I don't think the CM would stand between you and your child. Like you said, there were 50 or so people inside, it's not like your "refill activity" was going to cause CM overtime problems. But, they have their rules to follow, "No Soup For You!"

photographer5000
12-16-2005, 10:12 AM
I think I would have said something like, "Look pal, my kid's inside, and walked past the CM". I don't think the CM would stand between you and your child. Like you said, there were 50 or so people inside, it's not like your "refill activity" was going to cause CM overtime problems. But, they have their rules to follow, "No Soup For You!"

Ya know, its people with that kind of attitude that make things like guest control not work. "but my family is right over there.." or "i dont care waht you say, im going anyway" If we let one person go, we have to let a hundred more, because no matter how good your excuse is, someone will see it and say, "well you let them go!" So next time a cast member says "sorry i cant let you..." just listen to them, it makes it easier for everyone.

Matt Hamand
12-16-2005, 10:22 AM
BTW, there is also free refills on coffee all day long (with receipt) from the Market House on Main street.
Has that changed? My wife used to get free coffee refills anywhere in the park with any receipt that had coffee on it. Since she's been pregnant/breast feeding we haven't ordered any coffee, so that might be the old rules.

Osky
12-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Has that changed? My wife used to get free coffee refills anywhere in the park with any receipt that had coffee on it.

It might very well be that you can get coffee refills anywhere. I just know for a fact that you can get them at the Market House. For those who like Chai Lattes, they have a Cinnamon Latte there that my wife likes even better.

DaddyB
12-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Ya know, its people with that kind of attitude that make things like guest control not work. "but my family is right over there.." or "i dont care waht you say, im going anyway" If we let one person go, we have to let a hundred more, because no matter how good your excuse is, someone will see it and say, "well you let them go!" So next time a cast member says "sorry i cant let you..." just listen to them, it makes it easier for everyone.

I think there should have been less emphasis on GUEST CONTROL and more emphasis on CUSTOMER SERVICE. So what if 3 or 4 people got into the restaurant with a good excuse... we are GUESTS and PAYING CUSTOMERS. Making your customer walk away with a negative experience just so you can follow "guest control" procedures is imperious on it's face. I'm not talking about jumping a rope line or walking where it might be dangerous to me, it was a refill at the soda fountain in an enclosed space where the cashiers were gone and no other customer activity could have happened!

Yes, I am still cheesed about this.

TDBearGrrl
12-16-2005, 12:13 PM
they have a Cinnamon Latte there that my wife likes even better.

Yummm... I may have to try that one tonight!!

olegc
12-16-2005, 03:11 PM
I think there should have been less emphasis on GUEST CONTROL and more emphasis on CUSTOMER SERVICE. So what if 3 or 4 people got into the restaurant with a good excuse... we are GUESTS and PAYING CUSTOMERS. Making your customer walk away with a negative experience just so you can follow "guest control" procedures is imperious on it's face. I'm not talking about jumping a rope line or walking where it might be dangerous to me, it was a refill at the soda fountain in an enclosed space where the cashiers were gone and no other customer activity could have happened!

Yes, I am still cheesed about this.

not to necessarily defend the CM - but if they let you in then they have to let others in too. Sometimes - no matter how bad - it's better to follow a strict rule and be apologetic than bend it and make it relative depending on how someone thinks/feels for that day.

ToursbabeC3po
12-17-2005, 12:37 AM
I think there should have been less emphasis on GUEST CONTROL and more emphasis on CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Amen!

Stupid_American
12-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Whenever I am hit with a "look pal", my customer service button really lights up!
It changes a customer to an adversary.

Just as there are proper ways to provide customer service, there are proper ways to negociate denials.
Attitude is not a good tool.

disneyhound
12-17-2005, 06:08 AM
I have to agree with a lot that has been said in response to my "look pal" post. It was a suggested work-around. My experience with DL CM's has generally been very good. They are in a difficult situation, as are many people in the customer service profession. I have not had that type of work situation in over twenty years. If I walked a bit in a CM's shoes, I probably would have had the same reaction that "photographer5000" had to my post.

DaddyB
12-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Didn't mean to hijack the post.

I'm grateful for the few places that allow refills. While I haven't eaten at "rancho" since it changed it's menu (earlier this year), it used to be one of my favorite places to eat and really appreciated the extra gulp of soda after eating either the Mexican or BBQ food.

I'm not fond of the French Market, so the only other place to go for soda refills now is the Pizza Port.

I can't imagine taking my cup from Pizza Port and expecting to get a refill over at French Market or something, though. No one is saying that's legit, are they?

JeffG
12-17-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm not fond of the French Market, so the only other place to go for soda refills now is the Pizza Port.

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but Plaza Inn also gives free refills.

Of course, the table service locations in both parks (Blue Bayou, Carnation Cafe, Wine Country Trattoria, Vineyard Room, and Ariel's Grotto) also all give free refills on drinks as do all the table service locations in the hotels and Downtown Disney. Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian does as well.

-Jeff

gimp_boy76
01-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm trying to figure out where we want to eat and saw no mention of what DCA eateries offer free refills (besides the table service restaurants).

Darkbeer
01-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm trying to figure out where we want to eat and saw no mention of what DCA eateries offer free refills (besides the table service restaurants).

None of the DCA eateries have the self-service soda machines, so therefore no free refills.

Whitewater Snacks, located in the GCH near the DCA hotel entrance does have the self-service feature. That is your best choice.