PDA

View Full Version : Any Holiday Must-do's?

miss bianca
12-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Hi all - leaving tonight for DL...any must does for the Holidays at the DLR?

Oh and is it true that IASWH doesn't have FP this year?

thanks

Darkbeer
12-15-2005, 09:35 AM
iaswh hasn't had FASTPASSes for 2 years now.

What to do in regards to the Holidays.

At Disneyland, check out the new Santa's Reinderr Round-Up area behind Big Thunder, a well done area.

Watch the Remember Fireworks from the Penny Arcade area of Main Street so you get the full snow effect.

Catch the Christmas Parade.

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies have a special Christmas show.

Walk thru the hotels and check out the trees and decorations.

Alas, DCA really doesn't have anything that stands out, Santa's Beach Blast doesn't say Christmas to me.

BayAreaDisneyFan
12-15-2005, 11:43 AM
If you want a picture taken with Santa in the little cabin, be there when they open that area at 10am. We walked by last Saturday at 9:50 and saw about 15 or so people in line. My wife said "let's do Big Thunder and come back...this line will be gone by then." Not so - we returned around 10:15 and spent about 40 minutes in a very long line.

One solution is to have one parent wait in line while the other does the "no line" stuff with the kids. They can do a coloring page or cutout reindeer garland for free, and can decorate a cookie for $5. We did all of the above.

The cookie comes in a plastic clamshell kit with icing and sprinkles. Lots of fun, but the icing tasted kinda gross - my kids wouldn't eat it.

There's also entertainment - characters and singing/dancing stuff.

Niwel
12-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Pick up some yummy peppermint fudge (amazing stuff) at any candy counter around the resort. :)

T&Rshep
12-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Definitely catch the snow after the fireworks. I caught a few people crying during the snow on Tuesday. Main Street is the best location, but you can also see it at Small World mall and Rivers of America.

cstephens
12-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Something I always want to do, and I've already managed to do it this year - ride Storybook twice, once in the daytime to see the wreaths and presents and decorated trees and once at night to see all the Christmas lights on the trees and bridges and things.

Haven't done it yet but want to do it this year - see the tree lighting on Main Street and at the Reindeer Roundup.

WITron
12-15-2005, 09:15 PM
A few things for me are:

1. If they are making candy canes at the candy shop get one of these. They sell out real quickly and there is usually a line for it. They do not make them every day, but you can check with them and find out when they are.

2. Enjoy the decorations. The decorations really add to the atmosphere.

3. Listen to the music. Find out what time the carolers will be performing and catch a show. Unfortunately we were unable to do this when we were there.

4. Pick up some pepermint breakup. I bought a package and it was delicious. It is very strong on the pepermint, which I love.